Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (http://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/)
-   -   RIP Annette w/ bike pic (http://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/883068-rip-annette-w-bike-pic.html)

ka0use 04-09-13 12:56 PM

RIP Annette w/ bike pic
 
1 Attachment(s)
dunno whether to put this here or in classic/vintage- both were classy. 1956

fietsbob 04-09-13 02:09 PM

A nice Italian Girl, she was.. too bad about the MS .:(

dramiscram 04-09-13 03:47 PM

Forgive my ignorance but who was she?

dynaryder 04-09-13 04:19 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annette_Funicello

Crankycrank 04-09-13 05:30 PM

I was never into her all that much with the "Beach Blanket Bingo" films and all but she came into a restaurant I was working at about 25yrs ago with her husband and kids and she was about the nicest, most genuine person I think I have ever waited on and her family was really nice as well. Much better looking in person too (Smokin') and she was in her 40's at that time. I'll always remember her for that day.

ka0use 04-09-13 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crankycrank (Post 15491090)
I was never into her all that much with the "Beach Blanket Bingo" films and all but she came into a restaurant I was working at about 25yrs ago with her husband and kids and she was about the nicest, most genuine person I think I have ever waited on and her family was really nice as well. Much better looking in person too (Smokin') and she was in her 40's at that time. I'll always remember her for that day.

good one!

Fastfingaz 04-09-13 08:13 PM

I really feel that I've lost a friend ,I grew up with her! I mean her on television and movies I me watching at home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

rekmeyata 04-09-13 09:45 PM

I remember some of those movies she made, I even remember her as the mouse, and years later after she contacted MS I even got to meet her and her husband when she was living part time at their Shafter ranch near Bakersfield California where I lived for 7 years. She was a very warm and friendly person, it was sad to see her in that condition, but she never saw herself as being in a bad way. I heard today that Walt Disney loved her so much that when the rest of the actresses were told to wear bikini's in one particular film Walt asked Annette to wear a one piece instead, Walt didn't want her to get a bad image, so Annette wore a one piece swimsuit.

Even though the movies she did were corny some of the titles sure were funny like "How to Stuff a Wild Bikini" or "Babes in Toyland" both sound like they would be cheap porno movies!

dynodonn 04-09-13 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rekmeyata (Post 15492157)
......Even though the movies she did were corny some of the titles sure were funny like "How to Stuff a Wild Bikini" or "Babes in Toyland" both sound like they would be cheap porno movies!

Don't forget "Beach Blanket Bingo"........................the winning number is A 69. :innocent:

rekmeyata 04-09-13 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynodonn (Post 15492205)
don't forget "beach blanket bingo"........................the winning number is a 69. :innocent:

lol!!!!!!!!

Afdica 04-10-13 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dramiscram (Post 15490636)
Forgive my ignorance but who was she?

Maybe this thread should have been placed in 50+:lol:

Flying Merkel 04-10-13 10:46 AM

Who was Annette? Annette was the girl your Mom, Dad, and you could agree on.

fietsbob 04-10-13 01:23 PM

Quote:

the winning number is A 69
Technically, it can only be an O 69.. the numbers are as follows [ref: wikipedia]

Quote:

A typical Bingo game utilizes the numbers 1 through 75.
The range of printed numbers that can appear on the card is normally restricted by column, with the 'B' column only containing numbers between 1 and 15 inclusive, the 'I' column containing only 16 through 30, 'N' containing 31 through 45, 'G' containing 46 through 60, and 'O' containing 61 through 75.
Sunday night, here, through the wet months, a local Bar has a Meat Bingo game ..
prizes are, yes, Packages of Meat ..
and the Cash pot accrued from the $0.25 cost for each of the cards, per round, to play..

Game leader is quite an entertaining person..

Ride-Fly 04-10-13 02:30 PM

Wow, that sucks. RIP sweet lady.

bobn 04-10-13 03:44 PM

Every young boy who watched the Mickey Mouse Club had a crush on Annette including me.

TiBikeGuy 04-10-13 06:30 PM


rekmeyata 04-10-13 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afdica (Post 15493856)
Maybe this thread should have been placed in 50+:lol:

Probably so!

dynodonn 04-10-13 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fietsbob (Post 15494765)
Technically, it can only be an O 69.. the numbers are as follows [ref: wikipedia]



Sunday night, here, through the wet months, a local Bar has a Meat Bingo game ..
prizes are, yes, Packages of Meat ..
and the Cash pot accrued from the $0.25 cost for each of the cards, per round, to play..

Game leader is quite an entertaining person..


"O"my, thanks for the correction, but I like my version better.

Dahon.Steve 04-11-13 08:42 PM

I remember when they brought the show in sidication very briefly in the 70s. That was the first time I saw her. I just watched Bikini Beach on Netflix tonight. If you want to see a rated G movie, that's the one to watch.

dynodonn 04-11-13 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahon.Steve (Post 15500844)
I remember when they brought the show in sidication very briefly in the 70s. That was the first time I saw her. I just watched Bikini Beach on Netflix tonight. If you want to see a rated G movie, that's the one to watch.

By the time that I had my own personal TV, MM Club and Annette were not even on my radar, same goes for her movies.

R.I.P. Annette Funicello.

siclmn 04-12-13 08:57 PM

A dear sweet example of a female with class that I grew up with watching on TV.
Not the trash that this society must put up with now.

rekmeyata 04-12-13 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siclmn (Post 15504887)
A dear sweet example of a female with class that I grew up with watching on TV.
Not the trash that this society must put up with now.

This is sooooooo true.

wahoonc 04-13-13 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siclmn (Post 15504887)
A dear sweet example of a female with class that I grew up with watching on TV.
Not the trash that this society must put up with now.

Amen!

She maybe gone, but never forgotten. The world has lost something special.

Aaron :)

rydabent 04-13-13 06:26 PM

Back in the late 50s when the MMC was on I was in the Navy going to tech school. We would double time to get back to the barracks to see the MMC. Few admited it, but it was the fact that Annette was there. To her credit she made it big in Hollywood, and never resorted to the low life that people there do now. She will be missed!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:18 PM.