I've got a real jones for a new bike. After a month of comparing, I even know the make and model I want.
Spouse says, quite reasonably, "Why don't you wait until next spring to buy it? If you get it now you'll just have to put it away for X months. Besides, you've only been back into riding for one season so far, so how do you know you're still going to be into it come spring?"
It's hard to argue with the logic, but as we all know, logic often has little to do with desire.
With other hobbies that I have there is a condition known as "GAS", or "Gear Acquisition Syndrome". It appears to affect males more than females (at least in most things), but it has been known to cause serious repercussions for those afflicted. Clearly, I have a chronic case.
In all honesty, my riding season will be cut short this year (mid Sept) due to some scheduled minor surgery, and the bike that I'm interested is not likely to be phased out of the lineup for next year. But I've still got this massive desire to run down to the bike shop, and if nothing else, put it on layaway or something -- they have my size in stock. Logic says no, emotion says, "Where's my wallet?"
How do you folks deal with this? Should I just relent and wait, or attempt to convince? What are your best tactics for convincing the SO?