Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-13, 06:51 PM   #26
fietsbob 
coprolite
 
fietsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Bikes: 7
Posts: 18,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
people seem to like them Kindle things.
fietsbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-13, 10:04 PM   #27
vol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: east coast
Bikes:
Posts: 3,227
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good quality bike lights (front/tail/wheel/spoke--some people like the expensive Monkey Light), bike camera, reflective tape/bands...
vol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-13, 12:07 AM   #28
Dang
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Highlands, Ca.
Bikes:
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGocka View Post
Speaking of blenders. I have this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Kitchen-...keywords=ninja

Works great. Makes awesome protein shakes. The Wife and I use it all the time.
Ha ha! Already own one! Use it all the too! It's a great blender and I also recomend it...
Small world.
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-13, 12:09 AM   #29
Dang
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Highlands, Ca.
Bikes:
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodgers View Post
I am the exact opposite. I don't have a single cycling specific item other than a bike, a helmet, and a bike rack on the car. I have no clothing, no accessories, nothing.

I only have a $25 Amazon card to spend. Getting a helmet mount mirror even though I don't ride on the roads and only am on a very sparsely populated bike path in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the woods. If I'm listening to earbuds, I still occasionally get someone faster than me coming by and they startle me (not a problem because I am always riding on the right side as opposed to a lot of walkers I see who spread across the entire path blocking it.) I can grab 1 other item and don't know what to get because I plan to pick up a new bike in the spring. I know I want bar end grips for a flat bar, but I think I'm going to pick up Ergon grips when I buy the new bike. I'd like to have toe clips (not clipless) but I'd also need new better pedals to mount them (mine are cheap plastic on a cheap junk bike) but again, I probably won't ride this bike again other than the rare nice day before spring comes when I get a new one.

I don't know if I could get padded shorts or even undershorts for roughly $25+ on Amazon. Perhaps I should just hold onto the gift card until I get the bike, but then, I do know I want the helmet mirror.

Don't have much to add to my $25 since I spend way too much money elsewhere having off work for about 2 and a half weeks over the Christmas holiday.
Dont leave home without a multi tool or a water bottle.
Hey a water bottle!
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-13, 12:13 AM   #30
Dang
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Highlands, Ca.
Bikes:
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeth82 View Post
I had enough gift cards to make the Velo Orange Mod 3 saddle + saddle cream affordable, so I went for it! Final cost after gift cards was $40, which was covered by Christmas money. Gonna finally see what all this fuss is about regarding leather saddles.
I didn't even know about this saddle...another 400 mile break in period I suppose.
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-13, 12:14 AM   #31
Dang
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Highlands, Ca.
Bikes:
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeth82 View Post
Actual Aussie cowhide, with a rail system almost identical to a Brooks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also, here are some pics:



Edit: It does have some sort of laminated fabric underneath, but no foam or any other "rigid" material, that I can tell. One more pic for clarification:

Nise looking saddle
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-13, 12:15 AM   #32
Dang
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Highlands, Ca.
Bikes:
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay guys lots of cool ideas and thanks...
Now go ride!!
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-13, 10:02 AM   #33
wahoonc
Senior Member
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On the road-USA
Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG
Posts: 16,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No riding today... wife decided I need to clean out the shop

Amazon... I got a nice windfall of Amazon certificates to spend too. So far: 2 liter pressure cooker, shower head, music and some books (Kindle and hard copy). Still have some left to spend. That blender is sweet!

Velo-Orange saddles seem to be pretty decent. I put one on my son's city bike when I could not source a Brooks at the time. So far so good.

Aaron
__________________
Webshots is bailing out, if you find any of my posts with corrupt picture files and want to see them corrected please let me know. :(

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-13, 10:02 PM   #34
steve0257
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rochester MN
Bikes: Raleigh Port Townsend, Schwinn World Traveler converted to a frankenbike three speed, Bianci Roadmaster,
Posts: 860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want them to quit e-mailing me. Once, Just once, six months ago I ordered one thing fro them and I am now getting multiple e-mails every days about great deals on stuff I am not interested in.
steve0257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 02:14 AM   #35
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles
 
the sci guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston TX
Bikes:
Posts: 1,977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve0257 View Post
I want them to quit e-mailing me. Once, Just once, six months ago I ordered one thing fro them and I am now getting multiple e-mails every days about great deals on stuff I am not interested in.
this might help: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=unsubscribe+from+amazon+emails
__________________
Twitter@theSurlyBiker
Instagram@theSurlyBiker
the sci guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 02:22 AM   #36
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles
 
the sci guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston TX
Bikes:
Posts: 1,977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i searched our amazon order history, here is everything we've ordered from amazon for biking in 2013:

bar tape: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
lezyne frame pump: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
a different lezyne frame pump: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
bottle cages (black and silver): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
yakima 2-bike trunk rack: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
topeak explorer rack (x2): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PDW set of lights: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
POE pannier: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mirrycle bar end mirror (best investment ever): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
zoic riding shorts w/liner: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
bellweather jersey: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
topeak top-tube bag (hated it, it was too giant, returned it): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PDW radbot 1000 rear light (i use this instead of the other one above): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ergon grips for commuter bike: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
new bike means new pretty bottle cages: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
gloves: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
my wife got a seat pad: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
co2 inflator: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
topeak trunk bag + panniers: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
new pedals: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

keep in mind this doesn't include stuff purchased at LBS or other websites either.

i'm sure there will be plenty more in 2014!
__________________
Twitter@theSurlyBiker
Instagram@theSurlyBiker
the sci guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 08:46 PM   #37
GeneO 
Senior Member
 
GeneO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicagoland
Bikes: Felt F55X
Posts: 854
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
On my wishlist are BB30 tool, Extra battery for my Lezyne Mega headlight, Showers Pass helmet cover, 32 oz pro link gold, Nikwax spray-on.
__________________
2012 Felt F55X
GeneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-13, 09:18 PM   #38
rumrunn6
Senior Member
 
rumrunn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 25 miles northwest of Boston
Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint
Posts: 13,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P0O12I/...=IZJ1SE0MIUJJP

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0070Q2IS4/...I1486F1HYT2BCW

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00487O7NM/...I1CE54MS44X9U1

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UUEF7E/...I3TEU5YNWIXYBL

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003CSP9YO/...I1L372U4LTE08E
rumrunn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-13, 02:18 AM   #39
Dang
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Highlands, Ca.
Bikes:
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looigi View Post
$100.00 gift card...not $1000.00 LOL
What a card..
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-13, 02:22 AM   #40
Dang
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Dang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Highlands, Ca.
Bikes:
Posts: 326
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well today I ordered a Presto 6qt stainless steel pressure cooker and I still have 50 bucks for bike accessories...
Unless I get some books debunking Global Warming and or about the coming mini ice age..."Not by Fire but by ICE..."
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-13, 08:27 AM   #41
deeth82
Dirty Schwinn-Lover
 
deeth82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lexington, SC
Bikes: '11 & '13 Schwinn Racers, Takara (Kent) Kabuto, '11 Gary Fisher (Trek) Marlin SS 29er, Schwinn Sanctuary Cruiser, '11 Schwinn Sid
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sci guy View Post
i searched our amazon order history, here is everything we've ordered from amazon for biking in 2013:

bar tape: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
lezyne frame pump: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
a different lezyne frame pump: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
bottle cages (black and silver): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
yakima 2-bike trunk rack: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
topeak explorer rack (x2): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PDW set of lights: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
POE pannier: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mirrycle bar end mirror (best investment ever): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
zoic riding shorts w/liner: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
bellweather jersey: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
topeak top-tube bag (hated it, it was too giant, returned it): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
PDW radbot 1000 rear light (i use this instead of the other one above): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ergon grips for commuter bike: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
new bike means new pretty bottle cages: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
gloves: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
my wife got a seat pad: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
co2 inflator: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
topeak trunk bag + panniers: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
new pedals: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

keep in mind this doesn't include stuff purchased at LBS or other websites either.

i'm sure there will be plenty more in 2014!
I am in awe. Still trying to get my wife into cycling, but I don't think it's going to happen until after she has surgery and certain pressures on her lower back are relieved.
deeth82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-13, 08:34 AM   #42
deeth82
Dirty Schwinn-Lover
 
deeth82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lexington, SC
Bikes: '11 & '13 Schwinn Racers, Takara (Kent) Kabuto, '11 Gary Fisher (Trek) Marlin SS 29er, Schwinn Sanctuary Cruiser, '11 Schwinn Sid
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
No riding today... wife decided I need to clean out the shop

Amazon... I got a nice windfall of Amazon certificates to spend too. So far: 2 liter pressure cooker, shower head, music and some books (Kindle and hard copy). Still have some left to spend. That blender is sweet!

Velo-Orange saddles seem to be pretty decent. I put one on my son's city bike when I could not source a Brooks at the time. So far so good.

Aaron
I'm glad to hear more positive experiences from riders who have owned (or at least purchased) them! I'm looking forward to it...the saddle arrives just after New Year's Day, so I'll be getting my Blue Slate + Brown color combo Schwinn Racer out and about with the VO just in time to start the year fresh. If it turns out I like this saddle, I'll end up getting one for my other Racer, plus the Sid I'm currently building.

I just got my wife a Kindle (4th Gen) for Christmas, along with two hard-copy books that I thought she'd love. She already had a Kindle Fire, but said that it held so many opportunities for distraction (internet, Facebook, games) that she never could find the focus necessary to read on it. After this coming month, we'll have almost ten full-sized bookshelves chock-full, and though I love hard copies (no charging required), it's just so much easier to get the digital copies and have them ALL in one place! Kudos to you for your mixed book purchases!
deeth82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-13, 11:33 AM   #43
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles
 
the sci guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston TX
Bikes:
Posts: 1,977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeth82 View Post
I am in awe. Still trying to get my wife into cycling, but I don't think it's going to happen until after she has surgery and certain pressures on her lower back are relieved.
it all started in December of 2012 when her car finally died. I was dropping her off at work on my way to work for about 2 months, then she got a bike off craigslist so she could ride to work - it was only 7 miles. So we got her some stuff, then I realized I missed biking so I also got a bike from craigslist and started commuting to work. So, basically we bought so much in 2013 because we were starting up and needed everything. Now we both have nice road bikes, so 2014 should be less active. I think we almost have everything we'd need.
__________________
Twitter@theSurlyBiker
Instagram@theSurlyBiker
the sci guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-13, 12:45 PM   #44
deeth82
Dirty Schwinn-Lover
 
deeth82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lexington, SC
Bikes: '11 & '13 Schwinn Racers, Takara (Kent) Kabuto, '11 Gary Fisher (Trek) Marlin SS 29er, Schwinn Sanctuary Cruiser, '11 Schwinn Sid
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sci guy View Post
it all started in December of 2012 when her car finally died. I was dropping her off at work on my way to work for about 2 months, then she got a bike off craigslist so she could ride to work - it was only 7 miles. So we got her some stuff, then I realized I missed biking so I also got a bike from craigslist and started commuting to work. So, basically we bought so much in 2013 because we were starting up and needed everything. Now we both have nice road bikes, so 2014 should be less active. I think we almost have everything we'd need.
So...I must break her car, then??

Hehehe...I'm glad you're both so into it! I've made Amazon quite a small fortune (in my terms of "fortune") by buying almost everything I could from them. I hope 2014 is safe and enjoyable for you both!
deeth82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-13, 04:01 PM   #45
wahoonc
Senior Member
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On the road-USA
Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG
Posts: 16,687
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeth82 View Post
I just got my wife a Kindle (4th Gen) for Christmas, along with two hard-copy books that I thought she'd love. She already had a Kindle Fire, but said that it held so many opportunities for distraction (internet, Facebook, games) that she never could find the focus necessary to read on it. After this coming month, we'll have almost ten full-sized bookshelves chock-full, and though I love hard copies (no charging required), it's just so much easier to get the digital copies and have them ALL in one place! Kudos to you for your mixed book purchases!
I have the Kindle Touch that I use for reading, I also have a Nexus 7 tab with the Kindle app. I keep them synchronized so I can read from either one. I agree with your wife that it is easy to get side tracked using the Nexus rather than the basic Kindle. The one thing I do like about it is the lighted screen and color pictures.

I have a core collection of hardback books that I will probably never part with. I have several first edition sets and a few signed copies of others. Some are classics others that just caught my fancy. My newest acquisition was a book about the Raleigh bicycle company. I grew up with a massive number of books in the family, many handed down through the generations. I seem to recall complete sets of The Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew and several hundred Reader's Digest Condensed from one side of the family.

Aaron
__________________
Webshots is bailing out, if you find any of my posts with corrupt picture files and want to see them corrected please let me know. :(

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 12:51 PM   #46
BeginnerCycling 
Senior Member
 
BeginnerCycling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 93
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll put in a good word for the Velo Orange Model 3 saddle mentioned above -- I have a Brooks B17 also, and like the VO just as well. I have mine on my SS 29er.
__________________
My Blog: CyclingForBeginners.com
Like on Facebook: Beginner Cycling
BeginnerCycling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 07:07 PM   #47
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles
 
the sci guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston TX
Bikes:
Posts: 1,977
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeth82 View Post
So...I must break her car, then??

Hehehe...I'm glad you're both so into it! I've made Amazon quite a small fortune (in my terms of "fortune") by buying almost everything I could from them. I hope 2014 is safe and enjoyable for you both!

Log in to your Amazon and check how many orders you had for 2013, and you can also download order reports than will download as an excel spreadsheet and then add up all your purchases to see your grand total. I did it, and made a thread for it, and for other site purchases like Nashbar, etc.
here: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...otals-for-2013
__________________
Twitter@theSurlyBiker
Instagram@theSurlyBiker
the sci guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 07:52 AM   #48
deeth82
Dirty Schwinn-Lover
 
deeth82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Lexington, SC
Bikes: '11 & '13 Schwinn Racers, Takara (Kent) Kabuto, '11 Gary Fisher (Trek) Marlin SS 29er, Schwinn Sanctuary Cruiser, '11 Schwinn Sid
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sci guy View Post

Log in to your Amazon and check how many orders you had for 2013, and you can also download order reports than will download as an excel spreadsheet and then add up all your purchases to see your grand total. I did it, and made a thread for it, and for other site purchases like Nashbar, etc.
here: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...otals-for-2013
Mind = Blown. I'll need to go through the 327 Amazon orders from 2013 and cut out the non-bike-related and work-related purchases. :-o
deeth82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 08:28 AM   #49
Cougrrcj 
Over forty victim of Fate
 
Cougrrcj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE Ohio / Phoenix AZ
Bikes: A few...
Posts: 1,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In addition to the work stand you said you already have, here are some of the items I bought this past year --

If you don't already have one, a large ultrasonic cleaner is a nice thing to have.
I like the VO road pedals since I'm a toe-clip and strap kind of guy.
Seat or handlebar bag - the larger kind instead of a wedge seat bag.
Frame pump
Bar tape
Cables/housing
Tires/tubes
Freewheel/cassette
Brake pads
Fenders
Chain
Chain cleaner
Chain lube
Lights/reflectors
Helmet
Touring shoes
__________________
'75 Fuji S-10S bought new, 45k+ miles and still going!
'84 Univega Gran Tourismo
'84 Univega Viva Sport
'86 Miyata 710
'90 Schwinn Woodlands
Huffy MTB - for trips to corner store
MTB of questionable lineage aka 'Mutt Trail Bike'
Cougrrcj is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:15 PM.