Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54
  1. #26
    Snakebite gritface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Bothell, WA
    My Bikes
    Gary Fisher HT, Trek 5200
    Posts
    92
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaagenDas
    Very well, not down a mine shaft, perhaps you went over the safety rails on Mount Kilimanjaro?? Well done for surviving the trip down. I was watching the news and I did hear someone mention how impressed they were, that you overtook the school bus 7 times.
    HaagenDas, you really would do well as a television talk show host. Even if the only guests were yourself.

  2. #27
    Site ***** HaagenDas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    My Bikes
    1960 Malvern Star
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why I'm trying to convince BlackBerry to come over to Kenya. It could be a great show. You won't see much of BB, he'll be mostly carrying my bags, clubs. He could also prove usefull in flagging down other cyclists when Whoodie goes for another spin down Mount Kilaminjaro.

    They may well make an epic doco out of it.
    School years were the best days of my life. I used to get caned by middle aged women wearing high heels, stocking and glasses. Now I have to pay for it.

    1967-2005 Speargun Blue Malvern Star Boy's Bike - March 2005 Giant Upland

    Haagens Home Page

  3. #28
    "Word Bond" Whoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nbi, Ken
    My Bikes
    MTB
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaagenDas
    That's why I'm trying to convince BlackBerry to come over to Kenya. It could be a great show. You won't see much of BB, he'll be mostly carrying my bags, clubs. He could also prove usefull in flagging down other cyclists when Whoodie goes for another spin down Mount Kilaminjaro.

    They may well make an epic doco out of it.
    BB, I accept your challenge, Infact I was holding back, I could have easily hit 450RPM were it not for that Yellow School Bus obstructing my passage.

    We will sip coffee/tea together at the top of Mt Kilimanjaro but won't it be nice too if I tried a trip down Mt Kenya.

  4. #29
    "Word Bond" Whoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nbi, Ken
    My Bikes
    MTB
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaagenDas
    Whoodie, you don't have an issue picking up to blokes being tipped out of a jet at the airport do you?
    Nay, my name says it all.

  5. #30
    Old School Rad mtnbiker66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The old Mountains
    My Bikes
    Blur LT
    Posts
    8,212
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gritface
    HaagenDas, you really would do well as a television talk show host. Even if the only guests were yourself.
    I would tune in!!!!
    Like a circus monkey on a stolen Harley......

  6. #31
    In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gritface
    HaagenDas, you really would do well as a television talk show host. Even if the only guests were yourself.
    Truer words were never tapped out on a message board. And, no, HD, I'm not carrying your bloody golf bags.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

  7. #32
    cycles per second Gonzo Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    My Bikes
    Vitus Aluminum, DiamondBack Apex, Softride Powerwing 700, "Generic" Ishiwata 022, Trek OCLV 110
    Posts
    1,790
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhhh... let's see. If I build up my fixie with a 29/19, head over to a steep hill, take my feet off the pedals and let 'er rip down the hill, I only need to hit about 46mph to beat that

  8. #33
    "Word Bond" Whoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nbi, Ken
    My Bikes
    MTB
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Bob
    Uhhh... let's see. If I build up my fixie with a 29/19, head over to a steep hill, take my feet off the pedals and let 'er rip down the hill, I only need to hit about 46mph to beat that
    Good luck. To make it more fun, meet BlackBerry and HaagenDas (I believe they are headed to Mt Kilimanjaro) at the airport if you want to be in the mix. And if guys are coming make sure you use the same flight. The trip to the airport is a dangerous one so I do it once.

  9. #34
    In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoodie
    Good luck. To make it more fun, meet BlackBerry and HaagenDas (I believe they are headed to Mt Kilimanjaro) at the airport if you want to be in the mix. And if guys are coming make sure you use the same flight. The trip to the airport is a dangerous one so I do it once.
    The more the merrier. Don't let HD talk you into carrying his golf clubs or inflating his girlfriend.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

  10. #35
    Site ***** HaagenDas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    My Bikes
    1960 Malvern Star
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I say you were carrying my golf balls? Perhaps you misunderstand The more I read this, the more I think Whoodie is trying to lure us into a trap.

    BB, that pun about the inflatable girlfriend is a bit below the belt. So not everyone takes a blow sheep with them everywhere they go. Does that mean it's open slather on making fun of it?? huh??

    Whoodie do I take it that you mean the landing is dangerous? I bet those stupid bastard civil engineers over there built the damned runway running up and down the mountain instead of across it.

    Fair suck of the sav, I reckon I'm getting the rough end of the pineapple on this deal so far. I want to see a photo of the speed boat and sheilas before I pack one sock for this trip.
    School years were the best days of my life. I used to get caned by middle aged women wearing high heels, stocking and glasses. Now I have to pay for it.

    1967-2005 Speargun Blue Malvern Star Boy's Bike - March 2005 Giant Upland

    Haagens Home Page

  11. #36
    "Word Bond" Whoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nbi, Ken
    My Bikes
    MTB
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaagenDas

    Whoodie do I take it that you mean the landing is dangerous? I bet those stupid bastard civil engineers over there built the damned runway running up and down the mountain instead of across it.
    The runway is good, just a few pot holes here and there, but thats not a prob, the holes infact act as external brakes. The runway is short you know. Anyway the big worry is the trip to and from the airport, you have to go through four game reserves, Nairobi, Amboseli, Serengeti and Mara. Of there are Man Eaters (beat you to that ), hostile tribes and many other worries.

    It's by grace I survive in this hole.

  12. #37
    Site ***** HaagenDas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    My Bikes
    1960 Malvern Star
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man eaters eh?? well, we understand you'll fix us up with those at the doss houses as well then. You didn't mention beer and biltong so far. The hostile tribes might be a bit of a worry but I'm sure you'll get us through with your local knowledge.
    School years were the best days of my life. I used to get caned by middle aged women wearing high heels, stocking and glasses. Now I have to pay for it.

    1967-2005 Speargun Blue Malvern Star Boy's Bike - March 2005 Giant Upland

    Haagens Home Page

  13. #38
    Site ***** HaagenDas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    My Bikes
    1960 Malvern Star
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS Whoodie, I think you mean James Bond, not Word Bond, doesn't have the same ring to it.
    School years were the best days of my life. I used to get caned by middle aged women wearing high heels, stocking and glasses. Now I have to pay for it.

    1967-2005 Speargun Blue Malvern Star Boy's Bike - March 2005 Giant Upland

    Haagens Home Page

  14. #39
    "Word Bond" Whoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nbi, Ken
    My Bikes
    MTB
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaagenDas
    Man eaters eh?? well, we understand you'll fix us up with those at the doss houses as well then. You didn't mention beer and biltong so far. The hostile tribes might be a bit of a worry but I'm sure you'll get us through with your local knowledge.
    Yes, I will do everything to win. Even if I have to deliver you to the man eaters or the chief of this tribe myself (oops, i didn't mean to disclose this).

  15. #40
    Senior Member swifferman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoodie
    Well I had a cadence of 377RPM today, so does my computer say. It makes me think about the 159.9km/h I had two weeks ago, I think it was for real. Do you people pedal this fast or its just me.

    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

    Made me laugh...

    lolol

  16. #41
    In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does doss house and biltong mean? I'm an American, so I don't understand the English language very well.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

  17. #42
    "Word Bond" Whoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nbi, Ken
    My Bikes
    MTB
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Results from Mt. Kilimanjaro

    It is now official that Whoodie is the forum's high pedaling champ.
    After beating BlackBerry in the race of Cadence by forfeit. BB has only his Trainer (HaagenDas) to blame for the loss, after he advertently ill adviced him against showing up.

  18. #43
    Site ***** HaagenDas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    My Bikes
    1960 Malvern Star
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I turned up. It's just that those cold tiles felt so good on my forehead, I just wanted to enjoy them a little longer.
    School years were the best days of my life. I used to get caned by middle aged women wearing high heels, stocking and glasses. Now I have to pay for it.

    1967-2005 Speargun Blue Malvern Star Boy's Bike - March 2005 Giant Upland

    Haagens Home Page

  19. #44
    "Word Bond" Whoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nbi, Ken
    My Bikes
    MTB
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaagenDas
    I turned up. It's just that those cold tiles felt so good on my forehead, I just wanted to enjoy them a little longer.
    Of course you did. What about the worthy opponent? Do you know the hell you guys made me go through to and from the "airport"? I lost my laptop and the water bottle to the monkeys in the jungle (trying to find a short cut), I too rusty, can't swing on branches like I used to. Anyway I forgive you.

  20. #45
    In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoodie
    Results from Mt. Kilimanjaro

    It is now official that Whoodie is the forum's high pedaling champ.
    After beating BlackBerry in the race of Cadence by forfeit. BB has only his Trainer (HaagenDas) to blame for the loss, after he advertently ill adviced him against showing up.
    I guess I should have known not to trust a trainer named after a frozen dessert.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

  21. #46
    "Word Bond" Whoodie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nbi, Ken
    My Bikes
    MTB
    Posts
    132
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry
    I guess I should have known not to trust a trainer named after a frozen dessert.
    I guess you are not the only one he's messed up. I reackon he's ruined many potential athletes before.

    My suggestion: "Fire him"

  22. #47
    In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoodie
    I guess you are not the only one he's messed up. I reackon he's ruined many potential athletes before.

    My suggestion: "Fire him"
    No doubt you're right. I can't fire him yet. He still owes me money.
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

  23. #48
    Site ***** HaagenDas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    My Bikes
    1960 Malvern Star
    Posts
    503
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had enough of this. I quit Find yourself another coach... good luck.
    School years were the best days of my life. I used to get caned by middle aged women wearing high heels, stocking and glasses. Now I have to pay for it.

    1967-2005 Speargun Blue Malvern Star Boy's Bike - March 2005 Giant Upland

    Haagens Home Page

  24. #49
    Name's Ash ...housewares Doctor Morbius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The adult video section
    My Bikes
    Too many to list
    Posts
    798
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will you guys be doing your interview stint ontop Mt. Kilaminjaro wearing pith helmets and smoking ivory pipes and the like?

    I kind of fancy that as being more like Commander McBragg on the old cartoons. You'll need to interject a few phrases such as "bully bully" and "balderdash" and "the natives were restless" and all of that big game hunter type lingo. Look forward to watching.
    I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk leave my cheese out in the wind. - Ed Rooney


    It's not that I'm lazy. I'm just highly motivated to RELAX!!

  25. #50
    In Memory of One Cool Cat Blackberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    My Bikes
    Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
    Posts
    2,722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
    Will you guys be doing your interview stint ontop Mt. Kilaminjaro wearing pith helmets and smoking ivory pipes and the like?

    I kind of fancy that as being more like Commander McBragg on the old cartoons. You'll need to interject a few phrases such as "bully bully" and "balderdash" and "the natives were restless" and all of that big game hunter type lingo. Look forward to watching.
    Check out OLN next Sunday. The show is called: "Idiots on Wheels: The Charge of the Not-So-Bright Brigade." We were hoping to get the real Haagen Das to sponsor, but their ad man said, "I wouldn't touch any of you with a long stick."
    Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •