Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-14, 08:39 AM   #1
jmrsp
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Bikes:
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
chanji korean bike shorts

anyone know about chanji bike shorts? made in korea. i discovered them on the internet. i wanted to order some shorts but the sizing chart is bizarre. i would like to know how their sizing (medium, large, etc) correlates to waist size. i don't trust their sizing chart which is based on height and weight, which indicates that i should be a "large", when usually i take a small/medium.
jmrsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 09:04 AM   #2
Phil_gretz
Bike Commuter in training
 
Phil_gretz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA
Bikes: '88 Fuji Saratoga, '12 Jamis Sputnik, '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '16 Motobecane Gran Premio Elite
Posts: 3,779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
JMRSP - Do you realize what a strange request you're making? Why buy Asian internet bike shorts for which you have no size comparison? This makes little sense...

How much money are you saving by simply walking into a bike shop or sporting goods store, where you can actually TRY ON the shorts before buying? You can also check fabric type, quality of stitching, and other details. You'd also have recourse if there were any quality problems post-sale.

Just...[sigh]
Phil_gretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 10:00 AM   #3
IndianaRecRider 
LET'S RIDE!!
 
IndianaRecRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Hoosier State
Bikes: 2013 Fuji Absolute 1.4
Posts: 1,025
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrsp View Post
anyone know about chanji bike shorts? made in korea. i discovered them on the internet. i wanted to order some shorts but the sizing chart is bizarre. i would like to know how their sizing (medium, large, etc) correlates to waist size. i don't trust their sizing chart which is based on height and weight, which indicates that i should be a "large", when usually i take a small/medium.
I did that once, bought shorts off the internet from some Asian country. Ordered XL and when they arrived they were more like a small. Never did that again.

Phil gave great advice. Check out a LBS or two. You may pay a little more, but it will be well worth it in the long run. They will be of better quality and last a lot longer.

__________________
Cycling....if you're not having fun, you're definitely doing it wrong!!
Please visit my ride video page at.... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrH...W_KbTZTJFZE5QA
Go Red Riders!!


IndianaRecRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 11:57 AM   #4
fietsbob 
coprolite
 
fietsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Bikes: 7
Posts: 18,880
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
You in Korea? try them on .
fietsbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 04:17 PM   #5
Looigi
Senior Member
 
Looigi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Bikes:
Posts: 8,942
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They make some pretty good cell phones, TVs, appliances and cars in Korea, why not cycling apparel?
Looigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 04:58 PM   #6
jmrsp
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Bikes:
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_gretz View Post
JMRSP - Do you realize what a strange request you're making? Why buy Asian internet bike shorts for which you have no size comparison? This makes little sense...

How much money are you saving by simply walking into a bike shop or sporting goods store, where you can actually TRY ON the shorts before buying? You can also check fabric type, quality of stitching, and other details. You'd also have recourse if there were any quality problems post-sale.

Just...[sigh]
not a strange request. i posed the question to the biking community with the hope that someone had experience with this company. its true that the cost is lower. however, the primary attractions are the designs and colors. instead of basic black…or blue, etc, their designs actually put "life" into biking shorts. none of the "western-made" lycra shorts come close to the brilliant asian designs.
jmrsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 07:14 PM   #7
J.C. Koto
apocryphal sobriquet
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Star City, NE
Bikes: 2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker "The Truckerino"
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrsp View Post
not a strange request. i posed the question to the biking community with the hope that someone had experience with this company. its true that the cost is lower. however, the primary attractions are the designs and colors. instead of basic black…or blue, etc, their designs actually put "life" into biking shorts. none of the "western-made" lycra shorts come close to the brilliant asian designs.
Sorry, but I beg to differ that it is indeed a strange request: searching the US version of google for "chanji bike shorts" without quotes, your post is the top result and there are literally NO other relevant results. Searching the US google for "chanji bike shorts" with quotes, yours is the ONLY result.

You might have better luck with your question if you put your geographical region in your profile, but good luck either way

Incidentally, I'd really dig some lycra bike shorts if I could get plaid or some outrageous '80s jams designs...
J.C. Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-14, 07:25 PM   #8
Elvo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Orange County, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Typical cookie cutter shill thread
Elvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-14, 12:28 AM   #9
jmrsp
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Bikes:
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. Koto View Post
Sorry, but I beg to differ that it is indeed a strange request: searching the US version of google for "chanji bike shorts" without quotes, your post is the top result and there are literally NO other relevant results. Searching the US google for "chanji bike shorts" with quotes, yours is the ONLY result.

You might have better luck with your question if you put your geographical region in your profile, but good luck either way

Incidentally, I'd really dig some lycra bike shorts if I could get plaid or some outrageous '80s jams designs...
try ebay. peruse biking shorts for the asian shorts. didn't see any plaids or "80's jams" though.

Last edited by jmrsp; 04-13-14 at 12:32 AM.
jmrsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-14, 01:03 AM   #10
J.C. Koto
apocryphal sobriquet
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Star City, NE
Bikes: 2008 Surly Long Haul Trucker "The Truckerino"
Posts: 1,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrsp View Post
try ebay. peruse biking shorts for the asian shorts. didn't see any plaids or "80's jams" though.
Nope. Still nothing relevant to "chanji". In which geographical region are you located?
J.C. Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-14, 09:24 AM   #11
jmrsp
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Bikes:
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. Koto View Post
Nope. Still nothing relevant to "chanji". In which geographical region are you located?
if you are in nebraska, i'm not that far from you. don't include chanji, just look through bike shorts.
jmrsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-14, 09:32 AM   #12
Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels
 
Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Aurora, IL
Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp
Posts: 7,552
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A link would have been nice - can't find them anywhere...... methinks it is a sell thread...........................
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-14, 10:27 AM   #13
yote223
Senior Member
 
yote223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: MN.
Bikes: A MTB and something else with 2 pedals.
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If everybody would just lose the spandex then these silly discussions would be pointless.
yote223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:25 AM.