Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-05, 11:10 AM   #26
suntreader
Out of breath again.
 
suntreader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Myrtle Beach SC
Bikes:
Posts: 645
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosody
Find someone who wears long, flowing, flowered skirts, who has changed her name to Willow (doesn't work if her parents named her Willow), and who owns an assortment of crystals to which she attributes some kind of power. Maybe she can take care of your bike.

Even better... find a space queen named Willow with a LARGE trust fund.
suntreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 01:11 PM   #27
Doctor Morbius
Interocitor Command
 
Doctor Morbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The adult video section
Bikes: Endurance Road, Road, Hybrid, Sport MTB
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberry
Ever been to France?
Yes. I would never go back. Give me Germany, Austria, Switzerland or Italy any day. I especially liked Garmisch-Partenkirchen. I loved Bavaria. Rothenburg was georgeous too. I even saw the Glockenspiel in Munich.
Doctor Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 01:40 PM   #28
Blackberry
In Memory of One Cool Cat
 
Blackberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Bikes: Lemond Victoire, Cannondale.Mountain Bike, two 1980s lugged steel Treks, ancient 1980-something Giant mountain bike converted into a slick tired commuter with mustache handlebars, 1960-something Raleigh Sports
Posts: 2,722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
. I even saw the Glockenspiel in Munich.
I wouldn't say that too loudly or Haagen Das will want to to show you his Glockenspiel.
__________________
Dead last finish is better than did not finish and infinitely better than did not start.
Blackberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 05:11 PM   #29
Doctor Morbius
Interocitor Command
 
Doctor Morbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The adult video section
Bikes: Endurance Road, Road, Hybrid, Sport MTB
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackberry
I wouldn't say that too loudly or Haagen Das will want to to show you his Glockenspiel.
Oh no! Can't have that. He's already describing his turds.
Doctor Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 07:38 PM   #30
Black Bud
One Tough Cookie.
 
Black Bud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Hartford, CT
Bikes: Too many and not ENOUGH!
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DON'T GET ME STARTED ABOUT MY ALL-TIME WORST BIKE PURCHASE!!!!

The "guilty" bike: A Mongoose "Pro" "Crossway 350" (2000).

To put it mildly: This flaming piece of cycling GUANO is the WORST piece of cycle s*it the planet has EVER SEEN!!

Even HUFFY couldn't do worse!!!

The thing began by handling like flaming dog dung with the original POS suspension fork !!
I replaced it with a rigid fork: It STILL handles like pony plop!! (P-U!!) It weighs a TON...the components are about as bottom- of-the- barrel as would ever darken a LBS's door...the original Cheng Sh*t...excuse me, Cheng SHIN... tires failed early (The front one had a defective bead. It slipped, causing a blowout after only 107 miles!! The tire was so damaged, it could not be re-used!!) The stock saddle is cheaply-made BUTT-TORTURE...I could go on-and-on...

It's SO BAD, in fact , I wouldn't give it away to my worst enemy!! MY LBS DOESN'T CARRY THIS BRAND ANYMORE, EVEN!!

Wonder why???
__________________
A bad day on the bike is better than a good day at work!!

My discussion board, another resource for the "utility" and commuter cyclist: "Two Wheeled Commuter: The Everyday Cyclist"
Black Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 07:50 PM   #31
Moonshot
Now with racer-boy font!
 
Moonshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: East Alabama
Bikes: 2004 Litespeed Tuscany, Trek 5500, Breezer Storm, Bianchi road bike (fixed)
Posts: 1,272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
__________________

www.eastalabamacycling.org
Moonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 07:59 PM   #32
Doctor Morbius
Interocitor Command
 
Doctor Morbius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The adult video section
Bikes: Endurance Road, Road, Hybrid, Sport MTB
Posts: 1,884
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black BudThe "guilty" bike: A Mongoose "Pro" [color=blue
"Crossway 350" (2000)[/color].

To put it mildly: This flaming piece of cycling GUANO is the WORST piece of cycle s*it the planet has EVER SEEN!!
Any bike under the umbrella of Pacific Cycle is not worth owning. It's Walmart stuff. That's why I stated in a previous post "pre-Pacific Cycle buyout of GT" as GT bikes were once a very innovative companay. Then the founder died and they were bought by Schwinn and blah blah blah.

The moral of the story is don't buy anything from Pacific Cycles as it will be a peice of scheiße.
Doctor Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 08:31 PM   #33
jim-bob
hateful little monkey
 
jim-bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: oakland, ca
Bikes:
Posts: 5,274
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bud
DON'T GET ME STARTED ABOUT MY ALL-TIME WORST BIKE PURCHASE!!!!

The "guilty" bike: A Mongoose "Pro" "Crossway 350" (2000).

To put it mildly: This flaming piece of cycling GUANO is the WORST piece of cycle s*it the planet has EVER SEEN!!

Even HUFFY couldn't do worse!!!

The thing began by handling like flaming dog dung with the original POS suspension fork !!
I replaced it with a rigid fork: It STILL handles like pony plop!! (P-U!!) It weighs a TON...the components are about as bottom- of-the- barrel as would ever darken a LBS's door...the original Cheng Sh*t...excuse me, Cheng SHIN... tires failed early (The front one had a defective bead. It slipped, causing a blowout after only 107 miles!! The tire was so damaged, it could not be re-used!!) The stock saddle is cheaply-made BUTT-TORTURE...I could go on-and-on...

It's SO BAD, in fact , I wouldn't give it away to my worst enemy!! MY LBS DOESN'T CARRY THIS BRAND ANYMORE, EVEN!!

Wonder why???
"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"
jim-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 08:33 PM   #34
recursive
Geosynchronous Falconeer
 
recursive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sacramento, CA
Bikes: 2006 Raleigh Rush Hour, Campy Habanero Team Ti, Soma Double Cross
Posts: 6,312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius
Any bike under the umbrella of Pacific Cycle is not worth owning. It's Walmart stuff. That's why I stated in a previous post "pre-Pacific Cycle buyout of GT" as GT bikes were once a very innovative companay. Then the founder died and they were bought by Schwinn and blah blah blah.

The moral of the story is don't buy anything from Pacific Cycles as it will be a peice of scheiße.
Their world headquarters is about 2 miles from my house.
__________________
Bring the pain.
recursive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-05, 08:57 PM   #35
bassplayinbiker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kansas City
Bikes: Diamondback centurion. Home built tandem
Posts: 658
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No, you must come to terms with your bike and break it in.

right now it dosent respect you, it sees you as weak, and powerless.

Take it on a long hard ride, and make some adjustments. You must break the will of your bike, and then it will then respect you. Once there is respect, then it will comply.

There must be trust, with out trust it will just push you away.

kinda like teenagers......


cough cough*/
bassplayinbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:21 PM.