(If there's a more appropriate place to post this, please feel free to move it there Mods!)
I realize that a lot of the folks posting to Craigslist aren't very knowledgeable about bikes, but it blows my mind that they:
- Don't include the size of the bike a lot of the time
- Don't include the name of the model of the bike a lot of the time, and somehow manage to take their pictures just so that the model name isn't visible
- Sometimes don't even include pictures of the bike so that you could determine some of this for yourself
- Often if there are pictures, they're blurry or otherwise nearly useless other than to show that there is indeed a bike in the picture
- Post four different photos of the bike, all from a distance, so you can't make out any of the components, condition, model name or anything.
- Include key words that have absolutely nothing to do with the bike in question, causing their junk to turn up in totally unrelated searches, wasting my time clicking on a link that has nothing I'm interested in. Why?
I imagine some folks are purposely doing some of this to hide condition issues or something, but I think most of them are just clueless or don't care.
What really blows my mind is the people who post the really blurry pictures. Who uploads that and looks at it and thinks it's okay?
Perhaps my last rant on the subject (at the moment, there may be more!) is that there are some items that I am so sick of seeing month after month, some of them apparently re-listed every day*, that if I was ridiculously wealthy, I think I'd buy them just so I'd never have to look at them again!
* Often at the same price, and no improvement in the posting, although sometimes they change the wording of the title to trick people into clicking on it again...
Anyone else have a Craigslist rant?
Thanks for letting me rant, feels good to vent about it a bit. I'm on a quest for a couple of very specific frames, so I'm checking CL every few days, if not more often, and that's been the case for months, so I'm sure I'm a lot more sensitive to these things right now.