Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   General Cycling Discussion (http://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/)
-   -   Looking for a new seat bag (http://www.bikeforums.net/general-cycling-discussion/964253-looking-new-seat-bag.html)

gforeman 08-05-14 08:31 PM

Looking for a new seat bag
 
1 Attachment(s)
I can't seem to find the Specialized "Dirt Bag" anywhere. I love the capacity. I have one on my crux. I want another for the Roubaix.

It has a capacity of 128 cu in expandable to 181 cu in.

Looking for something close to this.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=397638

Hopslam 08-06-14 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gforeman (Post 17010439)
I can't seem to find the Specialized "Dirt Bag" anywhere. I love the capacity. I have one on my crux. I want another for the Roubaix.

It has a capacity of 128 cu in expandable to 181 cu in.

Looking for something close to this.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=397638

i personally like carradice bags , they have many sizes
Some need seat eyelets or an adapter . They also have some seat mounted racks that work well just make sure you have enough clearance seat to wheel . I have a Nelson with bagman mount . At 18 liter it's bigger than you probably need . They make them smaller & larger

cheers

gforeman 08-06-14 01:57 PM

Whoah! That's way bigger than I need :-) DirtBag is 128 cu in expandable to 181 cu in. That's about 2 - 3 Liter.

jimc101 08-06-14 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gforeman (Post 17010439)
I can't seem to find the Specialized "Dirt Bag" anywhere.

This is on the Specialized website so is a current item, have you tried going to a Specialized dealer? Even if they don't have it in stock, they should be able to order it in for you.

fietsbob 08-06-14 02:06 PM

Cant you transfer that one between Bikes?

how about one of these? ORTLIEB - Produkte / Products /Produits

jimc101 08-06-14 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fietsbob (Post 17012712)
Cant you transfer that one between Bikes?

Good point, I used to run several different seat bags, but last year consolidated down to one, and just swap between bikes as needed, only takes a few seconds of prop time per ride,

Hopslam 08-06-14 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gforeman (Post 17012684)
Whoah! That's way bigger than I need :-) DirtBag is 128 cu in expandable to 181 cu in. That's about 2 - 3 Liter.

Yes it's more than you ask for ; ) but they got smaller ones . The Nelson is a fav of Randonnering & comuters and they carry well on race bikes not made for larger bags . They all expand well . And are quality made by people making a living wage in England .
I passed on these bags the first two times I ask for bag advice.
Cheers

gforeman 08-06-14 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimc101 (Post 17012699)
This is on the Specialized website so is a current item, have you tried going to a Specialized dealer? Even if they don't have it in stock, they should be able to order it in for you.

It's not available. Even Specialized told me they discontinued it.

gforeman 08-06-14 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fietsbob (Post 17012712)
Cant you transfer that one between Bikes?

Different tubes for each, so I'd rather have one packed correct for each bike. Just much easier to have one on each.

fietsbob 08-06-14 07:32 PM

happy shopping ..

GP 08-06-14 08:01 PM

Mountain Wedge Expandable

gforeman 08-06-14 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 17013563)

Perfect!

the sci guy 08-07-14 11:09 AM

i have the Serfas Speed Bag (Medium): Amazon.com : Serfas Speed Bag : Bike Wedges : Sports & Outdoors

My favorite so far in terms of inside space to size of bag ratio. Expandable, and has a inner sleeve on the side, a key clip and a mesh pocket.
It's the 4th saddle bag I've tried and like I said so far it's perfect.

It fits 2 CO2 cartidges plus adapter, 700x32 tube, large multitool, 2 pedros tire levers, small phone - and that's without being expanded.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:36 PM.