I'm a list maker. At 46, my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be, so I make lists in Google Docs. I recently started a pre-ride checklist of things to do before my rides. List is below, please feel free to add your ideas/comments.
* proper clothing for ride
* check weather/temp
* check tires
* check lights
* fill water bottle
* transfer front bag from other bike if needed (carries my FAK, sunscreen, gloves, glasses, spare batteries, lock keys, etc)
* transfer lock from other bike
* fitness app- set to record ride (I use Map My Ride)
* music/headphones (I listen to the news or podcasts, as well as music, but only in 1 ear)
* am I hauling anything? Don’t forget it. I try to put these items by my bike.