Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,296
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    350 Stolen Bikes recovered

    http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.p...a4_stolenbikes

    This is an incredible story in the Tuscan Citizen. The police must have found an organized gang that was stealing tens of thousands in bikes. This is not even New York City so I suspect we probably have quite of few of them on the east coast.

  2. #2
    Radfahrer Rincewind8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    653
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The police should check if the suspects had e-bay accounts...
    TH 1.81 (133kg*62)

  3. #3
    Toyota Racing Dev. PWRDbyTRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knoxville, TN baby!
    My Bikes
    2004 Kona Hoss Dee-Lux
    Posts
    3,336
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 thousand dollar bike? Ain't thatta biatch, I bet whoever lost it will be glad to get it back.
    Linkage...My 2004 Kona Hoss Dee-Lux My Mindless Banter
    Disclaimer: I'm 425lb...I put unnormal loads on my bike. This should help you in answering any of my questions.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,296
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind8
    The police should check if the suspects had e-bay accounts...
    Good one...

    I didn't think of that one.. I figure if they could auction the bikes and get around $200.00 dollars for each one, that's and easy 70K! Crime does pay!

    I somehow find it funny they don't know who stole those bikes. How about checking the mail box please!

  5. #5
    Senior Member DieselDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Beaufort, South Carolina, USA and surrounding islands.
    My Bikes
    Cannondale R500, Motobecane Messenger
    Posts
    8,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A constant problem on Hilton Head Island, home of 12,000 rental beach crusiers, is theft of said crusiers. Then they are sold for $20 in outlaying small towns and commities to working poor with no cars. Quite sad. I lost 10 bikes last year. The Beaufort, Jasper, and Hampton Counties' Sheriff's Departments recovered about 200. Roughly 60-100 get stolen a week in peak season. Only if these overprivdledged, gated community dwelling, White Yankees would understand that tourist areas are TARGETS for CRIME. Just take the time and use the lock provided.
    Bikes use brakes to stop.

    If your bike has breaks, don't ride it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDan
    A constant problem on Hilton Head Island, home of 12,000 rental beach crusiers, is theft of said crusiers. Then they are sold for $20 in outlaying small towns and commities to working poor with no cars. Quite sad. I lost 10 bikes last year. The Beaufort, Jasper, and Hampton Counties' Sheriff's Departments recovered about 200. Roughly 60-100 get stolen a week in peak season. Only if these overprivdledged, gated community dwelling, White Yankees would understand that tourist areas are TARGETS for CRIME. Just take the time and use the lock provided.
    How about painting the rental bikes bright yellow, and painting on the frame in big red letters: "This Bike is the Property of A Mafia Owned Hotel". On the other side of the bike print, "If off the property of the Mafia owned hotel, call 911". That ought to both deter the crooks, and make it easy for the police to locate bikes that have been stolen.
    Last edited by alanbikehouston; 04-10-05 at 08:59 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7,460
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    holy lameass gang


    "So, how long you been bangin'?"

    "Six years now"

    "What outfit are you with, I'm a crip"

    "I'm with the Velo-Kleptos, southside"

    "Word. What kinda operations do you guys pull?"

    "Uhh, we steal bikes"
    Last edited by Serpico; 04-10-05 at 07:41 PM.

  8. #8
    Out of breath again. suntreader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Posts
    645
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanbikehouston
    How about painting the rental bikes bright yellow, and painting on the frame in big red letters: "This Bike is the Property of A Mafia Owned Hotel".
    There's no Mafia in South Carolina! (heh, heh, heh)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •