Best $350 Bike from Bike Direct.com (Which Bike Is Best)
I am having trouble deciding which bike has better components since I am not a expert on bikes. I cannot buy something over $350 because its a gift and I am not paying for it. The problem is there are quite a few bikes between $300-$350 and I am not capable of knowing which is better without someone else who knows more about bikes than I do.
There are more bikes on the website but these the main 4 I was looking at. I would like for someone who is more experienced in knowing which parts/bikes are better to tell me which bike would be best for me and which bike beats the others from the list below. (If there is a better bike on the website in the same price range please let me know.)
Here are 4 bikes in order from most expensive.
#1 2015 Motobecane Elite Trail
COST = $350 - Save up to 60% off new Hybrid Bicycles | Adventure Hybrid 29er Bikes Elite Adventure Sport Trail
#2 2014 Windsor Cliff 2750
COST = $330 - http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...cliff-2750.htm
#3 2014 Dawes Haymaker 1000
COST = $310 - Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Dawes Haymaker 1000
#4 2014 Gravity BaseCamp 1.0
COST = $300 - Save up to 60% off new Mountain Bikes - MTB - Front Suspension Gravity Basecamp 1.0
What I will use the bike for
* Half of the time I will probably be riding it on trails, the type of trails that look like fine sandy gravel that go on for hours.
* Riding around town, not just the road but the side walk and off of some very small curbs, no big jumps but I may go over a small obstacle
* Up/down hills (Regular hills or hills that have small obstacles, I am not in the forest riding on crazy terrain with huge obstacles)
- I am mainly using this bike to go on trails and ride around town, both on the road/trails/side walks
What I am NOT using the bike for
* Jumping off of huge drops
* going through super thick mud and dragging it through water, ect
* Riding over huge logs, or a gazzilion rocks the size of king kong
- I am not riding in crazy conditions like thick mud/or riding in annoying places with obstacles everywhere to slow me down and lose my fun
What I want
I simply want the best value and best bike for the money based on what I am using it for, I want to know which bike has better parts because I want the bike that is simply "Better" than the other bikes. I want the best out of the those bikes. Which is why I am asking which bike has the best components.
Last edited by ICEN; 12-04-14 at 06:50 AM.