The Americane' is coming! The Americane' is coming! Promising to be bigger and better with more vendors and more displays expected. If you have never experienced the thrill of riding an outdoor track, this is your chance. Low pressure, lots of room, and it only takes about 15mph to ride the banking comfortably.
The flyer is visible in PDF format via a banner link at the top of the Classic Rendezvous Main Page:
...or in JPG format, which isn't as crisp and cannot be copied line by line, but loads more quickly:
Click on the image for a larger view of Sue Novara pounding the boards in the 1970s.
And finally, for those that do not feel like clicking, text taken directly from the flyer is copied here below my sign off. If any more info or assistance is needed, feel free to email. Thanks...
Southfield, Michigan, USA
Americane' Vintage Track & Road Bike Festival - Saturday June 25th, 2011 - Rochester Hills, MI
The International Velodrome at Bloomer Park, Rochester Hills, Michigan is proud to announce the 3rd year of this rapidly growing event.
The Americane' is an annual show and swap meet, held on the grassy infield of the velodrome, bringing together vintage track and road cycling enthusiasts from around the country. Classic bicycles from any era are invited for display, with judging and awards given in the following categories: Best Original Road, Best Refinished Road, Best Original Track, Best Refinished Track, and People's Choice. The swap meet will feature retro and modern equipment, giving vendors, collectors, and enthusiasts an opportunity to connect
over cycling gear of every type. This one-day event coincides with the second day of the NASTrack
International 3 Day Series, some of the most exciting and skilled velodrome racing in the nation!
Schedule of Events:
* 9:30AM: Americane' setup begins
* 10:00AM: Velodrome opens – swap meet officially begins
* 10:00AM: “Track 101” class start. Mandatory for beginners, or as a refresher class for those who haven't recently ridden a steep-banked track. Depending on turnout, this class may be repeated. Loaner bikes are available.
* 12:00PM: Show bikes should be in place and tagged - judging begins
* 2:00PM: Americane' Show results & awards ceremony
* 3:00PM: Vintage track riding & events (by availability and skill of participants)
* 5:00-7:30PM: NAS-Track International 3 Day racers take over the track
* 7:30-10:00PM: NAS-Track International 3 Day races
* Swap meet and show are FREE for display, vendors and viewers. DONATIONS
ARE SUGGESTED! Funds will defray costs of the event, and go to the nonprofit
Velodrome Fund (responsible for track maintenance & operational expenses)
* Track riding is FREE (special for this annual event)
* Bike rental is $5 (˝ the normal price)
* Entry fee to Bloomer Park is $5 per car
Contact Mark Agree: email@example.com
Finding the Velodrome:
The International Velodrome at Bloomer Park (IVBP) is located at:
345 John R Road, Rochester Hills, Michigan, 48307
North of Avon Road, at the northern terminus of John R
Road. Take John R north from any cross-street, and
continue straight into the park.