Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 226
  1. #26
    grilled cheesus aham23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    8675309
    My Bikes
    2010 CAAD9 Custom, 06 Giant TCR C2 & 05 Specialized Hardrock Sport
    Posts
    6,933
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madopal
    Wow, I'd love to meet some of the local BF folk. I'm doing the North Shore Century this weekend, so we'll see what I'm up to for a long ride. I'd love to do the metric at least.

    I have to check my schedule when I get home from work, but I'm pretty sure I can make it!
    Don't forget, the BFNIC will have a strong showing at the North Shore too. Later.

  2. #27
    Senior Member Shemp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    My Bikes
    Cannondale T2000, Gary Fisher Sugar2, Trek Madone 5.2SL
    Posts
    858
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw cripes, I'm out. I have an autocross that day. I knew there was another reason I voted for the other weekend.

  3. #28
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,290
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemp
    Aw cripes, I'm out. I have an autocross that day. I knew there was another reason I voted for the other weekend.
    Sorry to hear you won't be joining us. There will be other rides for sure.


    Looks like CyLowe just might have the opposite kind of news though....

  4. #29
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. Gotta bump this thread. We need to slowly start building some enthusiasm.

    Good news (or bad, depending on your personal view) is that I'll be there for the ride.

    Hopefully PBK gets me my new pedals so I can learn how to clip in after stop signs/lights.

  5. #30
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,290
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously I can't wait 'till you ditch those blocks that came off of Benard Hinault's rig....


    Come over when they come in and I'll help you set them up(and take my Hinault blocks back ).

    I am starting to get excited. I may end up with some people from work going. As I said before this is an open invite...bring whomever you want.

  6. #31
    Senior Member Kimbercop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Cannondale H500, Pinarello Surprise
    Posts
    923
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna try to get a few guys from my work, we'll see if they do better at getting there than they did at the North Shore

    I called my guy later that night and he decided not to come in that morning, good thing I didnt wait for him.
    and the road becomes my bride
    I have stripped of all but pride
    So in her I do confide
    And she keeps me satisfied
    Gives me all I need

  7. #32
    Cardiac Case Drag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dropped... about 5 miles back...
    My Bikes
    Trek, Cannondale, Litespeed, Lynskey
    Posts
    2,886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I'm only showing up for the last leg, I can bring refreshments for everybody.

    I could just stop by Sam's and get a multi-pack of Gatorade and water or something.

    TITANIUMDIVISION
    BF Great Lakes Forum

  8. #33
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drag
    Since I'm only showing up for the last leg, I can bring refreshments for everybody.

    I could just stop by Sam's and get a multi-pack of Gatorade and water or something.


    Ooh!! It'll be like little league. Make sure to bake cupcakes. I like when they have those multi-colored sprinkles on top of them.



    Drag, that's a great thought, but don't feel the need to bring supplies for everyone else. For those doing more than one loop, I think we'll each have a cooler with extras to load up each time back in Hampshire. As well, I know the first two loops have convenience stores around the halfway mark to let folks stretch or grab a slurpee.

    Hmmm.... Hey Kenal0, just how many of those Shot Bloks did you nick at the North Shore ride, anyway?

  9. #34
    It is fantastic. voltman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The OC
    My Bikes
    05 Specialized Allez Elite; 06 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    7,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a fun ride.

  10. #35
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! Voltman! Slumming it the Great Lakes this morning, eh?

    You're welcome to join us. It ain't the PCH, but there will be lots of corn. And soybeans.

    BTW, this ride has been heavily influenced by all of the SoCal forum rides. You all seem to have a great time out there. We can't miss out on such homemade fun.

  11. #36
    Senior Member Kimbercop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Cannondale H500, Pinarello Surprise
    Posts
    923
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am getting really excited about this ride. Hey Psimet, do you have a map of the route you can send me. I'm thinking about doing the first 38, just so I can ride and get on with other stuff that day.
    and the road becomes my bride
    I have stripped of all but pride
    So in her I do confide
    And she keeps me satisfied
    Gives me all I need

  12. #37
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,290
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbercop
    I am getting really excited about this ride. Hey Psimet, do you have a map of the route you can send me. I'm thinking about doing the first 38, just so I can ride and get on with other stuff that day.
    Yeah I'll have to send out the final links. Trying to get the whole thing on one map.

    I've been thinking about trying to hook up the Forest Preserve shelter to have a cookout at the end...if you do the first leg, you'll have to come back for some brats (if we end up doing that....)

  13. #38
    It is fantastic. voltman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The OC
    My Bikes
    05 Specialized Allez Elite; 06 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    7,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyLowe97
    Hey! Voltman! Slumming it the Great Lakes this morning, eh?

    You're welcome to join us. It ain't the PCH, but there will be lots of corn. And soybeans.

    BTW, this ride has been heavily influenced by all of the SoCal forum rides. You all seem to have a great time out there. We can't miss out on such homemade fun.
    Actually, it would be cool to traverse multiple states during one ride. Take lots of pictures. Especially if you have your own Sugar Shorts.

    Would we get free corn?

  14. #39
    Cardiac Case Drag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dropped... about 5 miles back...
    My Bikes
    Trek, Cannondale, Litespeed, Lynskey
    Posts
    2,886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psimet2001
    I've been thinking about trying to hook up the Forest Preserve shelter to have a cookout at the end...
    Funny. I was just thinking maybe to bring some pre-heated hot dogs and buns. And maybe some chips.

    TITANIUMDIVISION
    BF Great Lakes Forum

  15. #40
    grilled cheesus aham23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    8675309
    My Bikes
    2010 CAAD9 Custom, 06 Giant TCR C2 & 05 Specialized Hardrock Sport
    Posts
    6,933
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psimet, are you going to put out some road markings? I like the big Pink and Orange Arrows they had at the North Shore Seriously, are you going to do this?

    I think the cookout idea seems like a winner. Oh yeah, I plan on coming and doing at least two loops and maybe the 100 if I am allocated enough time. Later.

  16. #41
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voltman
    Actually, it would be cool to traverse multiple states during one ride. Take lots of pictures. Especially if you have your own Sugar Shorts.

    Would we get free corn?
    Psimet thinks he's a Sugar Shorts, but that hasn't been working out for the rest of us.


    Free corn? Yeah, there's tons of it, but it's that stuff they feed to cattle, so it will taste unlike the usual sweet corn. There are some farm stands along the way that will surely be selling some of the sweet stuff.

    Oh yeah, we'll be confined to Illinois, but will be traversing through more than one county. How continental of us! Last weekend we did ride from Evanston, IL, up to Kenosha, WI, and back.

    You know you're in another state when you can smell Wisconsin's derriere..... er.... Dairy Air....

  17. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to look forward to this ride again. I figured after my embarrassment at the NSC on Sunday, I would take a pass on this ride. You guys are actually making it sound like fun.

    I'm going to have to commit to the metric century for this one and maybe actually take some turns at the front other than for the photo ops!

    Let's hope for good weather. I've been sitting hear at work all day resigned to the fact that the bike will be going on the trainer in the basement for my ride tonight.

  18. #43
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,290
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aham23
    Psimet, are you going to put out some road markings? I like the big Pink and Orange Arrows they had at the North Shore Seriously, are you going to do this?

    I think the cookout idea seems like a winner. Oh yeah, I plan on coming and doing at least two loops and maybe the 100 if I am allocated enough time. Later.
    I wanted to do the markings, but I don't know if I end up getting arested....hey Kimbercop...could you tell me if I need any approval before doing that?

    Otherwise I was just going to hand out the cue sheets and maps (full maps, easy to follow) and links to routes that could be loaded into those darn Garmins. I'm dedicated sweep on this one so if you ride really slow you'll definitely know where to go...

  19. #44
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,290
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtm1631
    I'm starting to look forward to this ride again. I figured after my embarrassment at the NSC on Sunday, I would take a pass on this ride. You guys are actually making it sound like fun.

    I'm going to have to commit to the metric century for this one and maybe actually take some turns at the front other than for the photo ops!

    Let's hope for good weather. I've been sitting hear at work all day resigned to the fact that the bike will be going on the trainer in the basement for my ride tonight.
    Embarassment??!! Heck I'm embarrassed I didn't hang with you and talk you through the whole thing. It's tough when you bonk though. Nothing except solid, real food, brings me out of that...

    This time I'm riding sweep so feel free to take that pull. If you bonk you know I'll be right next to you...maybe directly in front of you to let you draft, but with you at the very least...

    (CyLowe and aham are probably getting a kick out of me throwing out all of this "I'll help you out stuff" because they know that even riding at the back I'll probably be struggling right along with whoever's with me....someone might have to sweep me....)

  20. #45
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtm1631
    I'm starting to look forward to this ride again. I figured after my embarrassment at the NSC on Sunday, I would take a pass on this ride. You guys are actually making it sound like fun.
    We're going to drop you like I was dropped on my head as a baby. The aftermath will not be pretty.








    (just kidding.... )

  21. #46
    Cardiac Case Drag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dropped... about 5 miles back...
    My Bikes
    Trek, Cannondale, Litespeed, Lynskey
    Posts
    2,886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psimet2001
    I'm dedicated sweep on this one so if you ride really slow you'll definitely know where to go...
    So you're saying you're gonna mount a baby trailer for me for when I pass out?
    TITANIUMDIVISION
    BF Great Lakes Forum

  22. #47
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drag
    So you're saying you're gonna mount a baby trailer for me for when I pass out?
    You're thinking of SAG. Sweep only means he'll call you a cab.

    Don't worry, Psimet has mad roadside wrenching skills. Just ask Hipcycler and his detached nipple.

  23. #48
    Senior Member Kimbercop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Cannondale H500, Pinarello Surprise
    Posts
    923
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psimet, you probably would need some type of permission "technically" (wink, wink, say no more, know what I mean)? If your'e determined to follow the letter, call the county highway department. Odds are since its not some type of "official" sanctioned event, they will say no. You could always use Kimbercop's credo, "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

    Gotta go school now, gotta git smert.
    and the road becomes my bride
    I have stripped of all but pride
    So in her I do confide
    And she keeps me satisfied
    Gives me all I need

  24. #49
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,290
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimbercop
    Psimet, you probably would need some type of permission "technically" (wink, wink, say no more, know what I mean)? If your'e determined to follow the letter, call the county highway department. Odds are since its not some type of "official" sanctioned event, they will say no. You could always use Kimbercop's credo, "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

    Gotta go school now, gotta git smert.
    In light of this information...the route might be marked...but I will maintain plausible deniability.

  25. #50
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,290
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drag
    So you're saying you're gonna mount a baby trailer for me for when I pass out?
    I was thinking something more like this...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •