Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    OCP
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MILWAUKEE
    My Bikes
    The kind with two wheels
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Nooooooo.....snow!!!

    CRAP!

    I just took the Klein off the trainer this week. I'm taking it in to my LBS for some tweaking for the season, all geeked up because the snow melted and I rode my backup bike twice this week when it was in the 40's. Got 52 miles in on the clear roads.

    Now we've got a chance at up to a foot of SNOW on Sunday.

    I hate freakin' winter with a passion.

    Anyway, the Klein is staying off the trainer now for good.
    Getting a new stem....new riding position this season (more agressive)....new wheels....new tires...new shoes.

    If it ever stops snowing I'll get to try it all in a month or so.

    Christ....
    Hip, "Halffast Celebrity Fashionista"

  2. #2
    It is what it is Sage23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Shaw (SE WI)
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500 and Trek 950
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Come on Hip, this is Wisconsin . . . we've got at least one good snow coming yet in March too . . . oh yeah, and that freak storm in late-April to early-May. Snow isn't the problem, its the temp. As long as it stays near or above freezing I'll be going out after work (heck, we change the clocks in three weeks).

  3. #3
    OCP
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MILWAUKEE
    My Bikes
    The kind with two wheels
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage23
    Come on Hip, this is Wisconsin . . . we've got at least one good snow coming yet in March too . . . oh yeah, and that freak storm in late-April to early-May. Snow isn't the problem, its the temp. As long as it stays near or above freezing I'll be going out after work (heck, we change the clocks in three weeks).
    You're a glass half-full kinda guy.

    Me....3/4 empty.
    Hip, "Halffast Celebrity Fashionista"

  4. #4
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,289
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been waiting all day for it to start. Nothing here yet. If I wasn' busy Parenting (typing 1-handed...not for a good reason) then I would consider riding....

  5. #5
    OCP
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MILWAUKEE
    My Bikes
    The kind with two wheels
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psimet2001
    I've been waiting all day for it to start. Nothing here yet. If I wasn' busy Parenting (typing 1-handed...not for a good reason) then I would consider riding....
    ...blowin' like crazy here. Once it starts snowing, this is gonna be a bad one.
    Hip, "Halffast Celebrity Fashionista"

  6. #6
    OCP
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MILWAUKEE
    My Bikes
    The kind with two wheels
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...oh well....just finished 45 minutes on the trainer and now it's time to relax in front of hte tube for the ToC coverage on Versus this afternoon at 4:00.
    Hip, "Halffast Celebrity Fashionista"

  7. #7
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,289
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just started here. Super nasty. I think I'll curl up with a couple of beers, some ToC, Dirty Jobs, How its made, and Mythbusters Tivo.....

  8. #8
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    My Bikes
    '05 Felt F65, '97 GT Karakoram
    Posts
    6,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psimet2001
    Just started here. Super nasty. I think I'll curl up with a couple of beers, some ToC, Dirty Jobs, How its made, and Mythbusters Tivo.....
    You have Parenting duty all day Sunday, too?

    Might be a good time for me to drop by w/ the Felt. The poor thing's been all cooped up and lonely in the basement as I've opted for the treadmill in recent months.

    Didn't the weather in Cali look incredible? I'm thinking we seriously need to consider a BFNIC trip out there. Anybody?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kokomo, IN
    My Bikes
    2006 Cervelo Soloist Team, 2012 Windsor Kensington 8
    Posts
    534
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give us your snow, and take our Ice Storm. I'm seeing blue flashes alot now so I won't have power for long.
    2006 Cervelo Soloist Team

  10. #10
    It is what it is Sage23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Shaw (SE WI)
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500 and Trek 950
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyLowe97
    I'm thinking we seriously need to consider a BFNIC trip out there. Anybody?

    Me and one of the guys in the neighborhood were just talking about that. Or maybe to Georgia. Alas, he's going down to Carolina in a few weeks with his team for some spring miles -- another trip is out of the cards this year.

  11. #11
    59'er Mariner Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Alexandria, IN
    My Bikes
    LeMond Maillot Jaune, Vintage Trek 520 (1985), 1976 Schwinn Voyageur 2, Miyata 1000 (1985)
    Posts
    3,301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No snow here but we are getting an Ice Storm....

  12. #12
    Senior Member John Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is WHITE GOLD, man. I LOVE IT!!.

    A long winter of XC skiing will bring your fitness to new levels. There's nothing
    like hitting the bike in spring with a solid base of training and a fresh outlook
    at starting the cycling season. Many of the top cyclists from this area have
    used XC skiing to good advantage. Tom Schueler, Greg Demgen, Jeff Bradley,
    and some guy named Lemond.

    If it was 33F and raining, would you be out riding??

    Life is too short to gripe. Learn to enjoy what natural beauty you have around you.

    jw

  13. #13
    OCP
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MILWAUKEE
    My Bikes
    The kind with two wheels
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wilke
    This is WHITE GOLD, man. I LOVE IT!!.

    A long winter of XC skiing will bring your fitness to new levels. There's nothing
    like hitting the bike in spring with a solid base of training and a fresh outlook
    at starting the cycling season. Many of the top cyclists from this area have
    used XC skiing to good advantage. Tom Schueler, Greg Demgen, Jeff Bradley,
    and some guy named Lemond.

    If it was 33F and raining, would you be out riding??

    Life is too short to gripe. Learn to enjoy what natural beauty you have around you.

    jw
    Enjoy THIS!

    Hip, "Halffast Celebrity Fashionista"

  14. #14
    OCP
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MILWAUKEE
    My Bikes
    The kind with two wheels
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyLowe97
    You have Parenting duty all day Sunday, too?

    Might be a good time for me to drop by w/ the Felt. The poor thing's been all cooped up and lonely in the basement as I've opted for the treadmill in recent months.

    Didn't the weather in Cali look incredible? I'm thinking we seriously need to consider a BFNIC trip out there. Anybody?
    YES!

    I just said to Mrs. Hip that we need to be there one year from now for the Santa Clarita stage. Her sister LIVES there....heck...we'd have a place to stay.

    We meet with bikes and ride in the Angeles National Forest one day....massive out to dinner party afterward....then the next day spend all day camped out on the ToC route coming into town.
    Hip, "Halffast Celebrity Fashionista"

  15. #15
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    My Bikes
    '05 Felt F65, '97 GT Karakoram
    Posts
    6,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipcycler
    YES!

    I just said to Mrs. Hip that we need to be there one year from now for the Santa Clarita stage. Her sister LIVES there....heck...we'd have a place to stay.

    We meet with bikes and ride in the Angeles National Forest one day....massive out to dinner party afterward....then the next day spend all day camped out on the ToC route coming into town.
    I have the green light on this one. It's never too early to make plans, is it? We should head out and ride with some of the So.Cal folks, who always seem to have a ride arranged.

    Seriously!

  16. #16
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,289
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind going to see the ToC and/or just riding in SoCal. I'm always down. As long as I have a couple of weeks notice.

  17. #17
    It is what it is Sage23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Shaw (SE WI)
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500 and Trek 950
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wilke
    This is WHITE GOLD, man. I LOVE IT!!.
    That reminds me of the movie Better Off Dead. "This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"

  18. #18
    Senior Member John Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do snowmen travel around ? By iceicle !


  19. #19
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    My Bikes
    '05 Felt F65, '97 GT Karakoram
    Posts
    6,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psimet2001
    I wouldn't mind going to see the ToC and/or just riding in SoCal. I'm always down. As long as I have a couple of weeks notice.
    52 weeks enough notice for you? It's time to start working logistics. Do we find a VW minibus to drive/breakdown/fix along the way, or get a giant motorhome to house the bikes in comfort? Or is the WTMJ Boeing 777 available for use that week?

  20. #20
    OCP
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MILWAUKEE
    My Bikes
    The kind with two wheels
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...hmmm, now you've got me thinking about this.
    The Team BF rental support van!

    Oh this could be good stuff!
    Hip, "Halffast Celebrity Fashionista"

  21. #21
    Member Michael H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Redline 925
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, there was a decent amount of snow, but all said and done it really wasn't the End of the World that it was predicted to be. I had the roads to myself Sat. night and it was a lot of fun.

  22. #22
    OCP
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MILWAUKEE
    My Bikes
    The kind with two wheels
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael H
    Yes, there was a decent amount of snow, but all said and done it really wasn't the End of the World that it was predicted to be. I had the roads to myself Sat. night and it was a lot of fun.
    Elm Grove?
    I'm right down the road from you!

    It's melting nice and fast too....although another storm is possible by Thursday....
    Hip, "Halffast Celebrity Fashionista"

  23. #23
    Senior Member John Wilke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a thread on the road cycling forum about how to get ready for spring ... one of the replies was do lots of back extensions. NOT! Just come help me shovel my driveway.

    Going skiing this afternoon!

    jw


  24. #24
    Member Michael H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Redline 925
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipcycler
    Elm Grove?
    I'm right down the road from you!

    It's melting nice and fast too....although another storm is possible by Thursday....
    Cool! I live right off of Bluemound road right now and will be commuting to Harley at 124th & Capitol starting this spring.

  25. #25
    OCP
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MILWAUKEE
    My Bikes
    The kind with two wheels
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael H
    Cool! I live right off of Bluemound road right now and will be commuting to Harley at 124th & Capitol starting this spring.
    ....my 'daily driver' workout ride in season crosses Bluemound at the parkway...just east of the UPS HQ there....where you can jump onto the Oak Leaf MUP.

    Schedules allowing, we'll have to hook up and ride this summer at some point.
    Hip, "Halffast Celebrity Fashionista"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •