Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Great Lakes (http://www.bikeforums.net/great-lakes/)
-   -   Did you ride today? (http://www.bikeforums.net/great-lakes/292492-did-you-ride-today.html)

Mirysien 06-26-07 06:11 PM

[6/25/07] yep - this biking thing is working out :) 16.5 miles (my personal best to date)

wrafl 06-26-07 07:53 PM

6/26 - 51 miles.

CyLowe97 06-26-07 07:57 PM

6/26 - yes

29 mile group ride. Always fun trying to hang on to the wheels of the faster riders!

James H Haury 06-26-07 09:09 PM

I rode saturday La Grange park to college of Dupage in Glen Ellyn and back.suburban riding on biketrails and streets and slow with a stop at Cici's Pizza to refuel.I left at 5 and was home by 10.

aham23 06-27-07 01:33 PM

6-27 = YES

on the tenth day he rides. finally, my first ride since the HHH. ten days off the bike with six spent in Mexico. man it felt good to ride again. the vaca really came at a bad time for me riding wise. i was really feeling like i was hitting my stride. lots of walking and a couple of short runs around the Mexico resort seems to have the legs feeling fresh. ride was 26 miles @ 17.5 mph. time to start to focus on some long slow rides for RAIN prep. later.

Psimet2001 06-27-07 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aham23
6-27 = YES

on the tenth day he rides. finally, my first ride since the HHH. ten days off the bike with six spent in Mexico. man it felt good to ride again. the vaca really came at a bad time for me riding wise. i was really feeling like i was hitting my stride. lots of walking and a couple of short runs around the Mexico resort seems to have the legs feeling fresh. ride was 26 miles @ 17.5 mph. time to start to focus on some long slow rides for RAIN prep. later.

Correct. I'm on vacation this week and it is definitely messing up my form. Hopefully you'll be slow enough to let me hang with you on the RAIN.

BTW - I've been running 2 miles a day each day on vacation. Not a lot, but helps keep the beer and shrimp effect to a minimum.

aham23 06-27-07 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psimet2001
Correct. I'm on vacation this week and it is definitely messing up my form. Hopefully you'll be slow enough to let me hang with you on the RAIN.

BTW - I've been running 2 miles a day each day on vacation. Not a lot, but helps keep the beer and shrimp effect to a minimum.

awesome. now i know i have someone to hang back with at RAIN. seriously, i think i ingested more sugar in those 6 days then i did in all of 2006. why do i have to love me some pina coladas???? oh yeah, and cervasa too. :)

keep up the running. it will help. i know this much. later.

Shemp 06-27-07 10:27 PM

Still nothing great to many of you, but I knocked out my third 27 minute 10 mile TT this year without all the aero goodies. All three were a full minute faster than my best time last year, granted I have a faster bike this year, but it's also still early in the summer.

mediamst 06-28-07 05:26 AM

6/27 - Did 16 Miles on my mountain bike.

CyLowe97 06-28-07 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shemp
Still nothing great to many of you, but I knocked out my third 27 minute 10 mile TT this year without all the aero goodies.

Umm... I think you'd be surprised how many of us would struggle to hold 20 mph over even a 10 mile course.

Great job!

ColinClout 06-28-07 05:50 PM

I have this theory that Chicago is the only place in the world where the wind can actually be blowing in all directions SIMULTANEOUSLY. I swear I have experienced this phenomenon. That said, today's steady 20mph from the North-northeast was at least consistent. Made the 16mile commute to Hyde Park in about 45 min. The trip back took over twice as long. But what fantastic air and temps! Felt like I was riding in Scotland (minus hills).

Psimet2001 06-28-07 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColinClout
I have this theory that Chicago is the only place in the world where the wind can actually be blowing in all directions SIMULTANEOUSLY...

+1000 - Keep your head down, find a wheel to suck, or just wallow in the pain. Beautiful isn't it?

Shemp 06-28-07 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyLowe97
Umm... I think you'd be surprised how many of us would struggle to hold 20 mph over even a 10 mile course.

Great job!

Fastest time on the same course... 21'29", of course the guy who rode that does ride for Jelly Belly. :) No less, he and a couple of the hard core triathlete guys make me feel so slow.

I hope I get to ride with the BFNIC group some time yet this year, it just seems like there's always something else between my autocross schedule, rides more this direction and vacation etc.

CyLowe97 06-30-07 09:41 AM

6-29 - Yes. Lunchtime quicky ride.

6-30 - YES. 71.4 miles. Started at sunrise in chilly 54 degree temps, but it warmed up into the low 70's by 10:00 when I was home. I wound my way north up to some of the BFNIC Spring Classic roads near Union, Woodstock, and Bull Valley, then rode the bike path back down toward Elgin.

I had a wheel sucker from Rt 14 in Crystal Lake all the way to Rt 31 in Algonquin. The guy never said hi, never took a pull, and was wearing a local club jersey that might have had a Pocket Full of Kryptonite (if you get what I mean). Then the guy blows the stoplight at Rt 31 and I don't see him again. Nice talkin' to you, Jimmy Olsen. :rolleyes:

iab 06-30-07 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyLowe97
6-30 - YES. 71.4 miles. Started at sunrise in chilly 54 degree temps, but it warmed up into the low 70's by 10:00 when I was home. I wound my way north up to some of the BFNIC Spring Classic roads near Union, Woodstock, and Bull Valley, then rode the bike path back down toward Elgin.

I had a wheel sucker from Rt 14 in Crystal Lake all the way to Rt 31 in Algonquin. The guy never said hi, never took a pull, and was wearing a local club jersey that might have had a Pocket Full of Kryptonite (if you get what I mean). Then the guy blows the stoplight at Rt 31 and I don't see him again. Nice talkin' to you, Jimmy Olsen. :rolleyes:

Funny, I didn't see you ;) . I did my usual 40 mile loop through Bull Valley, Woodstock, Crystal Lake. I was out at 5:30 and home by 8:00 - you have to get on the road at 4:30 and we could meet up :p .

aham23 06-30-07 12:05 PM

6/30 = YES

The Edge

35 miles. legs were dead, stupid running! :) got out at 7am when it was a bit chilly, but great weather non the less. hopefully tomorrow afternoon's ride is better.

crossed paths with an older dude riding an white and orange Waterford. he was doing 120 miles today as prep for and upcoming 24 hour ride :eek: . we talked a bit and come to find out he was up in Wisconsin doing one of those Brevet (sp?) the weekend of the HHH. if you recall there were markings with "P" and arrows on the ground and this were the ones he was following on his 300K route!!!

later.

wrafl 06-30-07 08:06 PM

6/30 - 37 miles to end the month.

billwatson58 06-30-07 08:51 PM

I'm downstate this weekend in Springfield, just off Toronto Rd., and rode the Interurban Trail down to Chatham, then to Auburn, up to Loami, back to Chatham, and the trail back up to Toronto Rd. I'm not big on trails but must admit that's a nice one. Ended up riding 46 miles.

Psimet2001 07-01-07 11:53 AM

07/01 - 52 miles.

Rode the BFNIC Century route - parts of loop 1 and 2. Felt OK for being off the bike for a week on vacation. Wind destroyed me coming back in to the Hampshire forest preserve. Dropped a whole 1 mph off my average during that suffering. Still ended up at 17mph for the ride though.

First ride in the Assos...mixed reviews. Jury still out. I think I would have prefered the thinner chamois of the FI.13 bibs instead of the Mille, but didn't feel like putting up the extra dough. That said I was very comfortable for 90% of the ride.

aham23 07-01-07 06:38 PM

^^^^ did you get them locally? where?

7/1 = 36 miles.

legs were better today. that wind was a bit of a surprise as i headed back east to home. i kept thinking; it's july, two weeks from RAIN, shouldn't the wind be blowing West to East!! later.

voldemort 07-01-07 07:40 PM

An early morning 45 up to Mchenry County and back , half road/half trail. Most I've gotten in for awhile. At least the morning 20 or so before work help keep the legs somewhat functional. Can anybody tell me a SAFE way to ride from St. Charles to Palatine. I can't quite figure out an entire route that doesn't take me onto a heavy traffic road during rush hour.

group105 07-01-07 08:37 PM

6/30 -21 miles
7/1 17.6 miles on the Greenway (MUP) which has intersections every mile or so and gates you have to go around. 16.7mph avg, if this was on a normal road wihout all the stops I would say it would've been an 18.5-19mph avg.

laryanshabaz 07-01-07 09:50 PM

6/28 - 44.7 miles from Pleasant Prairie to Northern Racine r/t
6/30 - 14 miles from Great Lakes to Ft. Sheridan (metra stops for reference) r/t
7/1 - 54.5 miles: Des Plaines River Trail from Russell Road all the way to Half-Day (RT22). ALL LIMESTONE. Urgh!

CyLowe97 07-02-07 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voldemort
Can anybody tell me a SAFE way to ride from St. Charles to Palatine. I can't quite figure out an entire route that doesn't take me onto a heavy traffic road during rush hour.

That's a tricky one. A long way to go would be up the Fox River path to Carpentersville/Algonquin and then cut over through Barrington Hills toward Palatine.

I'm not familiar enough with Palatine to know which roads are reliable for riding with traffic. Anyone?

Psimet2001 07-02-07 08:20 AM

07/02 - Commute.

Felt like poo. Vacation was rough on me. Don't think I totaly lost my form, but these first few rides will be rough.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:30 AM.