Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    3 seconds ColorChange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, NW burbs
    Posts
    2,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    OK, So What's Our Next Ride?

    Now that the double is over ... what's everybody doing next?
    Last edited by ColorChange; 06-02-08 at 10:17 AM.

  2. #2
    samoots
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    nw suburbs, IL
    My Bikes
    Moots Vamoots
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the bicycle club of lake county's ramble ride is on June 8th

    http://www.bikebclc.com/ramble/about_ramble.htm

  3. #3
    Digging in the pain cave. midschool22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine for June.

    6/8 -- BCLC Ramble -- Wilmot WI
    6/14 -- Janesville Pie Ride -- Janesville, WI (pie.......)
    6/15 -- Swedish Days Ride --Burlington, IL

  4. #4
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,233
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to do the Ramble, but I am thinking that I need a weekend with the family. There's been a lot of riding and sacrificing for riding lately.

    After this weekend is HHH. If I only end up doing the 100K on the HHH I wouldn't mind doing the double metric option for Sweedish Days the following day.

    The 200K option would leave me in serious hurt for sure.

  5. #5
    It is what it is Sage23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Shaw (SE WI)
    My Bikes
    Trek 1500 and Trek 950
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm doing the TREK 100 in Pewaukee on Saturday. After that . . . who knows . . . pie sounds interesting . . .

  6. #6
    grilled cheesus aham23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    8675309
    My Bikes
    2010 CAAD9 Custom, 06 Giant TCR C2 & 05 Specialized Hardrock Sport
    Posts
    6,933
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorChange View Post
    Now that the double is over ... what's everybody doing next?
    its only over for those who did the deed.

    later.

  7. #7
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    My Bikes
    '05 Felt F65, '97 GT Karakoram
    Posts
    6,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorChange View Post
    Now that the double is over ... what's everybody doing next?
    If you build it, they will come.




    .
    Last edited by CyLowe97; 06-02-08 at 11:39 AM.

  8. #8
    Cheese State Poseur Jose Perez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Waukesha, WI
    My Bikes
    Cervelo R3-SL, Serotta Colorado II, Trek Equinox 9.0, Bianchi San Jose, Pake Urban 6-Speed (grocery getter)
    Posts
    515
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tour de Cure this weekend with the wife this weekend, HHH next weekend, then the start of my Tri season the weekend after that.

  9. #9
    Senior Member SmokinMiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    North Aurora, IL
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what my friend, Dawn, is wondering. From her email this morning ...

    "The hills of Blue Mound WI, are calling me .....I had so much fun....now I want to do it again...wish it weren't so far......"

    NO WAY I'm doing Swedish Days. I hate that ride.

    So, CC, why don't we just do our own rides wherever we want to go every couple of weeks. The price is right as well!

    I plan on riding here local next weekend after being gone both weekend days this past weekend.

    I just wish someone would take the reins and organize another BFNIC ride. They are the best! BTW, I'm done with school on Thursday and will have some extra time on my hands if anyone wants to PM me with another idea.

    CC...again, you're still sorry you missed it, arent' you

  10. #10
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    My Bikes
    '05 Felt F65, '97 GT Karakoram
    Posts
    6,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinMiles View Post
    I just wish someone would take the reins and organize another BFNIC ride. They are the best! BTW, I'm done with school on Thursday and will have some extra time on my hands if anyone wants to PM me with another idea.
    Once again...

    If you build it, they will come.

  11. #11
    3 seconds ColorChange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, NW burbs
    Posts
    2,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smokin ... yes I'm still bitter!

    I am thinking of setting up a Barrington Hills ride. Anyone interested? I might even be able to couple it with a cookout at my house afterward. Let me know.

  12. #12
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,233
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorChange View Post
    Smokin ... yes I'm still bitter!

    I am thinking of setting up a Barrington Hills ride. Anyone interested? I might even be able to couple it with a
    cookout at my house afterward. Let me know.
    You had me right here....

  13. #13
    grilled cheesus aham23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    8675309
    My Bikes
    2010 CAAD9 Custom, 06 Giant TCR C2 & 05 Specialized Hardrock Sport
    Posts
    6,933
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorChange View Post
    Smokin ... yes I'm still bitter!

    I am thinking of setting up a Barrington Hills ride. Anyone interested? I might even be able to couple it with a cookout at my house afterward. Let me know.
    yes. the last two weekend in june look good and open for me.

    later.

  14. #14
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,233
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    June get's dicey. HHH is in two weeks. 21st and 22nd have criteriums that are semi-local - can be skipped.

    The following weekend I am in the redneck riviera (Alabama - Gulf Shores) riding along the coast.

  15. #15
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    My Bikes
    '05 Felt F65, '97 GT Karakoram
    Posts
    6,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is like the jersey threads. Just organize it, advertise it, and folks will show up.

    It's summer. There are always folks who won't be able to make it. No worries. They'll make the next ride.

    As a fancy billboard we saw post ride yesterday said: Just Do It.

  16. #16
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,233
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyLowe97 View Post
    This is like the jersey threads. Just organize it, advertise it, and folks will show up.

    It's summer. There are always folks who won't be able to make it. No worries. They'll make the next ride.

    As a fancy billboard we saw post ride yesterday said: Just Do It.
    That billboard was on some very expensive real-estate.

    ...and furthermore I'll be the dissenting voice here...don't schedule this thing during another big ride weekend like the HHH. It's a garaunteed way of ensuring low turnout. So, against CyLowe's advice, I would advise taking some time to see when open weekends or open days in the ride season are before scheduling.

  17. #17
    grilled cheesus aham23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    8675309
    My Bikes
    2010 CAAD9 Custom, 06 Giant TCR C2 & 05 Specialized Hardrock Sport
    Posts
    6,933
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    green never looked so yum yum.

    later.

  18. #18
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    My Bikes
    '05 Felt F65, '97 GT Karakoram
    Posts
    6,325
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psimet2001 View Post
    ...and furthermore I'll be the dissenting voice here...don't schedule this thing during another big ride weekend like the HHH. It's a garaunteed way of ensuring low turnout. So, against CyLowe's advice, I would advise taking some time to see when open weekends or open days in the ride season are before scheduling.
    Meh. It's summer. There are rides every friggin' weekend, but, yeah, check Psimet's BFNIC Ride thread for the list of the big rides and schedule around that.

    FYI, I didn't just throw out a random date for this past weekend, but did a little off line investigation to see how the date would work. aham and I came up with the date based on knowing recursive's race schedule and knowing that Sunday was the Udder Century. Somehow there were 16 people showing up in Cross Plains. I was very satisfied with the turnout.

    And remember, ColorChange, the way to get folks to show up is to talk lots and lots of bravado and self-deprication in the ride announcement thread. People love a challenge. Well, at least when they don't have a big club ride the next day, that is....

  19. #19
    3 seconds ColorChange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, NW burbs
    Posts
    2,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyLowe97 View Post
    Meh. It's summer. There are rides every friggin' weekend, but, yeah, check Psimet's BFNIC Ride thread for the list of the big rides and schedule around that.

    FYI, I didn't just throw out a random date for this past weekend, but did a little off line investigation to see how the date would work. aham and I came up with the date based on knowing recursive's race schedule and knowing that Sunday was the Udder Century. Somehow there were 16 people showing up in Cross Plains. I was very satisfied with the turnout.

    And remember, ColorChange, the way to get folks to show up is to talk lots and lots of bravado and self-deprication in the ride announcement thread. People love a challenge. Well, at least when they don't have a big club ride the next day, that is....
    That was just plain mean spirited.

  20. #20
    I eat carbide. Psimet2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    My Bikes
    Lots. Current sponsors - Giant and Specialized
    Posts
    19,233
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyLowe97 View Post
    Meh. It's summer. There are rides every friggin' weekend, but, yeah, check Psimet's BFNIC Ride thread for the list of the big rides and schedule around that.

    FYI, I didn't just throw out a random date for this past weekend, but did a little off line investigation to see how the date would work. aham and I came up with the date based on knowing recursive's race schedule and knowing that Sunday was the Udder Century. Somehow there were 16 people showing up in Cross Plains. I was very satisfied with the turnout.

    And remember, ColorChange, the way to get folks to show up is to talk lots and lots of bravado and self-deprication in the ride announcement thread. People love a challenge.
    Well, at least when they don't have a big club ride the next day, that is....
    <sound of ricocheting bullet>

  21. #21
    OCP
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    MILWAUKEE
    My Bikes
    The kind with two wheels
    Posts
    6,289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tour of Wisconsin stage takes us to La Grange on Sat. 14th if anyone is interested in joining my sister and me for a little country ride. Again, she is visiting from PA and shipping her road bike here to use for the week she's here.

    Best guess...roll out somewhere about 10:00 a.m. for about a two-hour ride to be followed by lunch at the BackYard Bikes deli noon-ish.
    Last edited by Hipcycler; 06-02-08 at 04:19 PM.
    Hip, "Halffast Celebrity Fashionista"

  22. #22
    Sheik Yerbouti voldemort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    in the state of Confusion, formerly from state of Denial
    My Bikes
    2006 Trek Pilot 2.1, Jamis Sputnik 2009
    Posts
    706
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColorChange View Post
    Smokin ... yes I'm still bitter!

    I am thinking of setting up a Barrington Hills ride. Anyone interested? I might even be able to couple it with a cookout at my house afterward. Let me know.
    Cookout==. Yah, hey der, would dat include dem der brats?
    Suzy Creamcheese, what's got into you?

  23. #23
    Digging in the pain cave. midschool22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    686
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinMiles View Post
    NO WAY I'm doing Swedish Days. I hate that ride.
    Smokin...

    Why is this ride a downer? This year will be my first time riding it.

  24. #24
    Senior Member SmokinMiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    North Aurora, IL
    Posts
    677
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midschool22 View Post
    Smokin...

    Why is this ride a downer? This year will be my first time riding it.
    I should NOT have made that statement because it is completely a personal preference. This ride is really well organized with great rest stops and a very well marked and planned course. Most people really like it. They even serve Panera bagels before.

    However, I personally just find it to be very boring. You ride long sections that seem to be in big squares that are just very flat and long...I think there's one section that we went 8 miles on one straight country road past endless fields.

    I personally like a different sort of scenery and challenge and prefer hills.

    I was sorry I made that remark without qualifying it by saying that it's just really.just.me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •