The meeting will be held at the Caesar Creek’s - Day Lodge. We plan on providing soup and sandwiches at the meeting and the presentation will be limited to about an hour. If people want to ask questions after the meeting the board members will be available.
We want to improve future meetings and can do so if you complete the iContact survey that will arrive in a followup email this evening.
The Board members have been very busy in our first two months of existence; I have listed the following so that we do not need to go over these achievements at the meeting:
1. The Friends Group had it's first meeting on November 16th 2008. At that meeting of 80 people, we elected an interim Board of Directors.
2. The interim Board of Directors has written our Bylaws & Articles of Association. Both of these documents have been given to our Attorney for review and submission to the Secretary of State for Ohio. The Articles of Association were approved by the Secretary of State for Ohio on Dec 31, 2008, on which date we became a legal entity.
All memberships and contributions are now tax deductable for 2008 and future years.
3. We have obtained our Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and now have a bank account.
4. The Friends of the Little Miami State Park, Inc, has already accepted a small number of donations.
5. Our contact information database, of over 220 people, has been entered into a program that is designed for non profit groups such as ours. That database has also been reviewed for errors by an independent couple.
6. Our Membership application form has been designed and is available for download on our Membership web page.
7. We have now set up our own Web Site www.FLMSP.org
and E-Mail as opposed to our initial interim solution.
There are many other things that we have already achieved and we plan on sharing those with you at the meeting.
We want you to look over our web site and give us your constructive comments.
Please be aware that we need to recruit members and collect donations, we need to raise money so that we can start improving the Little Miami State Park.
Thank you for your interest and support for the Little Miami State Park.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
President - Friends of the Little Miami State Park, Inc
Web Site: www.FLMSP.org