Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Fool on a bike Cycling Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dundee, Illinois
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    LBS in Belvidere, Illinois

    Does anyone know of local bike shop and local club rides in Belvidere?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Time & Space
    My Bikes
    3 good used ones
    Posts
    1,114
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking that you may want to try Rockford. I've ridden on several MUP's in that town. One runs N-S along the river, another runs North, up to the big state park, connecting to a nice long E-W trail -- by far the best ride. I think there is even a third path that runs south of town to another park on a river (Kishwaukee?).

    I do not remember there being anything bike related in Belvidere.

  3. #3
    Fool on a bike Cycling Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dundee, Illinois
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baron von trail View Post
    I'm thinking that you may want to try Rockford. I've ridden on several MUP's in that town. One runs N-S along the river, another runs North, up to the big state park, connecting to a nice long E-W trail -- by far the best ride. I think there is even a third path that runs south of town to another park on a river (Kishwaukee?).

    I do not remember there being anything bike related in Belvidere.
    Thanks for the info.

  4. #4
    Hooray! I'm useful! darrenshu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicago area
    My Bikes
    2003 K2 Mach 1.0 Road Bike, 1998 Trek 700 Multi Track Hybrid
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't been to Belvidere, but this may help?

    http://www.lepirtle.com/lib/data/sho...ilter=7&sort=7

  5. #5
    Pedal turner hyunelan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix Pro (Carbon), Specialized Langster, Specialized Sequoia, No-name MTB
    Posts
    300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is from Belvidere, and we still have friends there. Most of the people I know all go to a dealer (Trek maybe) that is right off an MUP - I think it's on Perryville?

  6. #6
    Fool on a bike Cycling Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dundee, Illinois
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hyunelan2 View Post
    My wife is from Belvidere, and we still have friends there. Most of the people I know all go to a dealer (Trek maybe) that is right off an MUP - I think it's on Perryville?
    Thank you. I was on this site looking for LBS in Belvidere. I probably should of worded my question different.
    I am looking for anyone who has had any experiences with the LBS in that area. Which are good, bad or don't even go in there.

    Thanks again

  7. #7
    Digging in the pain cave. midschool22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    698
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hyunelan2 View Post
    My wife is from Belvidere, and we still have friends there. Most of the people I know all go to a dealer (Trek maybe) that is right off an MUP - I think it's on Perryville?
    That's my LBS. Rockford Bicycle Co. Yes, it is on Perryville.

    As for Belvidere, the only one I have been to is Bluege's Bike at 122 W Lincoln Ave. I have gotten some bmx stuff there and that's about it. I don't remember if they have a whole lot of road or mtn bikes. I think it is a family run store, nice people.

  8. #8
    Senior Member shider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cherry Valley, IL
    My Bikes
    Cervelo R3, Trek 2300, Trek Portland, Schwinn Homegrown, Cannondale Road Tandem, Schwinn Le Tour Commuter, Gary Fisher Paragon 29er
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Belvidere there is "Activity Sports and Cycle", Dave at 815-544-6350. It's a very small place but he is a Marin, Kestrel, Litespeed, and Air Borne dealer. I've only dealt with him on a few occasions but he is highly thought of as a wheel builder and has always been very helpful with very personalized service.

    Rockford Bicycle Company is sort of the opposite as it is a Trek store with a very impressive show room and inventory. The other two big stores in Rockford are Kegels (not to be confused with the motorcycle dealership) and Shosies. I have purchased bikes from all three and they each have a different feel and have their own strengths.

    One club in Rockford but that frequently rides through Belvidere is www.blackhawkbicycleclub.org. I ride with them as they are friendly but not so much racing oriented.

  9. #9
    Senior Member RDW3261's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    My Bikes
    Trek 1000, Trek Pilot 5.2 and Trek 7100
    Posts
    224
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have purchased a bike from Rockford Bicycle Company and have had some work done on my bike there. They are a little high price, but if you look at there location, the show room and building they are in you know why they are a little higher price.

  10. #10
    Fool on a bike Cycling Jester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dundee, Illinois
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR
    Posts
    233
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shider View Post
    In Belvidere there is "Activity Sports and Cycle", Dave at 815-544-6350. It's a very small place but he is a Marin, Kestrel, Litespeed, and Air Borne dealer. I've only dealt with him on a few occasions but he is highly thought of as a wheel builder and has always been very helpful with very personalized service.

    Rockford Bicycle Company is sort of the opposite as it is a Trek store with a very impressive show room and inventory. The other two big stores in Rockford are Kegels (not to be confused with the motorcycle dealership) and Shosies. I have purchased bikes from all three and they each have a different feel and have their own strengths.

    One club in Rockford but that frequently rides through Belvidere is www.blackhawkbicycleclub.org. I ride with them as they are friendly but not so much racing oriented.

    Thanks to all for the information.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •