Jackrabbit Slim's and Big Kahuna Burger, in association with You'd Dig It The Most Productions are proud to present:
The Third Annual BFNIC Double or Nothing Metric
When: Saturday May 29th 8:00 am meet up, 8:30 roll out.
Where: Uphill Grind Coffee/Bikes in Cross Plains, WI. Map to start (park in back of building!).
What: 63 or so miles of very hilly roads in HHH territory
Why: Because they are there
The tentative route. MapMyRide version (subject to change slightly, but not by much)
The tentative route. Printable map version.
- The route is loosely based on the 100k Horribly Hilly Hundreds, with some variations here and there.
- Climbs up Sutcliffe, Pinnacle, Lake View, Mounds Park Rd, Garfoot, Braun, and Observatory are good for the soul.
- Optional challenge up Mounds Road to the top of Blue Mound midway through the ride.
- Optional challenge up Barlow Road near the end of the route.
- This is an arsekicker of a route. If you’re training for the HHH or DLD or other challenge ride, this is one for you.
Unlike other BFNIC rides, this one will NOT loop back to the start to refuel during the route. Plan for one rest stop / regroup in Blue Mounds at the General Store at the base of Mounds Road.
Note on speeds A groups/B Groups/Whatever: With the natural variation in climbing speeds among those who may attend, this ride will be much less social and more personally challenging. We will have contact information in case anyone is lost or broken down, but at this point we will NOT have anyone officially riding as a sweep on this ride and cell phone coverage can be sketchy out in the valleys. Following the route on rural roads and personal safety is ultimately up to the individual rider.
Note on supplies: Riders should be able to supply themselves for 30+ very hilly miles without a chance of refueling along the route until Blue Mounds.
The route follows the same as the 2008/2009 versions. We’re leaving it as is. Any route changes will be added here to the first post.
Hope to see you there!