I had so much fun, everyone. I biked from Champaign, IL to Canada, and I met so many friends and had great times along the way. The whole trip to Canada only took me 5 days, but I vacationed for over 2 weeks. Here's info and a ton of pictures! :3
- Champaign, IL to Lafayette, IN. 90+ miles, 12 hours. (I got lost a lot. x_x And Mapquest took me down a mud/dirt/gravel road for 2.5 miles)
- Lafayette, IN to Fort Wayne, IN. 115 miles (185 km!), 13.5 hours.
- Fort Wayne, IN to Findlay, OH. 85 miles, 11 hours (I took my time. xD)
- Findlay, OH to Sandusky, OH. Only ~65 miles, because my friend from Findlay biked with me. <3 It was amazing how much better shape I was in after biking for a few days... he was so exhausted by the end and I was all ready to go for another 60!
- I took the ferry across to Canada. ^_^ My Canadian friend picked me up. More fun ensued.
I was really ambitious with my mileage, and people kept telling me to take it slower, since I haven't been practicing biking and it was my first tour, but the more people that told me I couldn't do it the more I wanted to do it... so I did. ^_^
My baby, fully decked up. It did great, for a $115 bike! And I packed really, really light as you can see. I lived off the same 3 outfits for 2+ weeks and had to handwash quite a bit when there wasn't washing machines. D:
Northern Ohio is REALLY depressing to bike through. x_x Completely flat roads, which are awesome, but... there's nothing. Nothing. I was so depressed all day.
Ohio town... so representative.
I lived off these and Subway.
"After" picture, on Pelee Island, Canada.