So finally I decided to buy a bike. For my first bike I am looking for a hybrid bike with mostly road usage but occasional off-road drive as well. With my limited (internet read) understanding here is the list of bikes I have studied and am considering. Mostly it is in priority order unless some dealer gives me a cracking deal All these bikes are in range of $400-500 and i don't want to exceed that.
1) Trek 7.2 fx ($425) - Overall looks a great bike with shimano acera gearing system on rear and puncture resistant belt
2) Giant Escape 2 ($420) - Again a good bike with shimano altus gearing system
3) Fuji Absolute 2.3 ($409) - Haven't checked this yet but will head to the store tomorrow for this.
4) Fuji Absolute 2.1 ($459) - Haven't checked this yet but will head to the store tomorrow for this.
5) Cannondale Quick 6 ($500) - This also looks a very good bike but little pricey for me, considering the accessories and extra stuff I will have to buy.
Yesterday I also happened to visit Dick's Sporting goods store and found out that they deal in originally Japanese make Nishiki bikes. The bike he showed me was Nishiki Anasazi ($400). On their website also I see a Nishiki Adult Manitoba bike which looks good overall and has shimano acera gearing system.
I tried to search the forums for this particular bike but haven't found any useful reviews. So my question is two fold
1. Have anyone used Nishiki bikes and how good/bad it is?
2. With your valuable experience if you can help me decide with above listed bikes. I am more leaning towards Trek 7.2 fx