Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/)
-   -   Post pictures of your Hybrid (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/573248-post-pictures-your-hybrid.html)

irclean 06-29-11 09:07 AM

Make the bike look "ghetto" when locking it up by wrapping a plastic shopping bag around your new saddle! :D

giantcfr1 06-29-11 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irclean (Post 12855809)
Make the bike look "ghetto" when locking it up by wrapping a plastic shopping bag around your new saddle! :D

:roflmao2: :thumb: brilliant idea.

There could be a major "handbrake" yet :eek:. I just read on the net that many seat posts don't fit the fizik braided rail saddles.
Tomorrow morning when I check my post there could be some swearing going on. :twitchy:

qmsdc15 06-29-11 04:23 PM

Level your saddle, ADogg.

LarDasse74 06-29-11 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qmsdc15 (Post 12857984)
Level your saddle, ADogg.

ScottTn should do this, too. That is carpel tunnel syndrome waiting to happen!

giantcfr1 06-29-11 09:07 PM

Chose to ignore my friends, and put the new saddle on my Hybrid.
The concerns about rail size were zero in my seat post's case. It fit perfectly.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CA331305-1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CA331304-1.jpg

the cyclops 06-29-11 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 12855548)
Ok, I got the new saddle but I have a small problem. Two friends tell me I should most definitly not put it on my Hybrid. They believe it's a sure-fire way of getting my bike stolen. Yes it does happen sometimes here, but rarely. I think they are being paranoid just quitely, but now they have me worried. I didn't even consider it a risk.

Anyway, they say I should swap my road bike saddle onto my Hybrid, and use the new one on my Road Bike.

I still want to use the new one on the Hybrid. Yes it's a billboard I know.

The new one
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CA331301-1.jpg

The one currently on my Road Bike.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CA331302-1.jpg

That san marco saddle looks like a phallic symbol of some sort...a very large,black phallic symbol...

AlphaDogg 06-29-11 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qmsdc15 (Post 12857984)
Level your saddle, ADogg.

Level as in it's not parallel with the ground? It rides just fine.... Do I really need to level it?

AlphaDogg 06-29-11 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 12859321)
Chose to ignore my friends, and put the new saddle on my Hybrid.
The concerns about rail size were zero in my seat post's case. It fit perfectly.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CA331305-1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CA331304-1.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. How much does it retail for?

LesterOfPuppets 06-29-11 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDogg (Post 12859577)
Level as in it's not parallel with the ground? It rides just fine.... Do I really need to level it?

I have a feeling it looks more extremely angled in the pic than it is in real life. Notice the tires aren't level with the bottom of the picture frame.

Scott_TN's has a pretty drastic slope for sure!

AlphaDogg 06-29-11 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 12859591)
I have a feeling it looks more extremely angled in the pic than it is in real life. Notice the tires aren't level with the bottom of the picture frame.

That's because of the angle of the picture. In real life, it is perfectly aligned... Wait, nevermind... That's probably what you were saying.

giantcfr1 06-30-11 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDogg (Post 12859583)
Absolutely beautiful. How much does it retail for?



Here in Japan it is 22000 yen ($273 US) but I see you guys can get it for around $229 US online. It's called a Fizik Antares Braided saddle.

I didn't actually have to pay for it this time round as I swapped a pair of 15-year-old race wheels I haven't used for a while. A friend wanted my wheels, I said I wanted a new saddle, and he went and got me this one. I'm very freekin happy.

giantcfr1 06-30-11 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the cyclops (Post 12859554)
That san marco saddle looks like a phallic symbol of some sort...a very large,black phallic symbol...

:eek:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, You've scarred my brain now. How can I ride it now with that in my mind.
:eek: :cry:

sincityrider 06-30-11 02:10 AM

looks good giant. im looking for a new saddle myself, but id have to hide that price tag from my wife lol

giantcfr1 06-30-11 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sincityrider (Post 12859932)
looks good giant. im looking for a new saddle myself, but id have to hide that price tag from my wife lol

Thankyou and good luck. Just save your lunch money over the next few months and your wife'll never know. ;)

qmsdc15 06-30-11 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sincityrider (Post 12859932)
looks good giant. im looking for a new saddle myself, but id have to hide that price tag from my wife lol

Without the carbon rails on sale for $120 at Performance.

KShep 06-30-11 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo604 (Post 12817745)
Just picked up my 2011 Kona Dew Deluxe in matte black :) I thought I share a few pics.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...e/IMG_1596.jpg
]

Very nice bike. The understated matte black finish is a favorite of mine.

Relocate the chair to the patio and bring the Kona inside. The recycled materials from your security apparatus can be made into another bicycle or maybe a VW.

KShep 06-30-11 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 12855548)
I still want to use the new one on the Hybrid. Yes it's a billboard I know.

The new one
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CA331301-1.jpg

How do you like it? The saddle looks great on your bike. :thumbsup:

giantcfr1 06-30-11 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KShep (Post 12860125)
How do you like it? The saddle looks great on your bike. :thumbsup:

So far so good. I've only used it for one day, but realize already I was living in denial with my Tioga. Not that weight makes much difference on the BadBoy, the only difference between the Tioga and this is 10g.

giantcfr1 06-30-11 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qmsdc15 (Post 12860074)
Without the carbon rails on sale for $120 at Performance.

Last night I did some reasearch regarding fitting to posts. Some purchasers of the carbon have had trouble with the extra thickness of the carbon rails. I noted most of the complaints were from Trek owners, so I have to guess the Bontrager posts may be a problem. My easton (as mentioned above) was fine.

There are no such concerns with the alloy rails.

AdelaaR 06-30-11 02:59 PM

Shouldn't rails be titanium? ;)

Expensive saddle that is ... looks nice though ... hope you like it.

nismo604 06-30-11 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 12859321)
Chose to ignore my friends, and put the new saddle on my Hybrid.
The concerns about rail size were zero in my seat post's case. It fit perfectly.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CA331305-1.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...CA331304-1.jpg

That looks nice, although the other seats color goes better with the matte black pj of your bike. I'm new to biking, how comfy are these seats with minimal padding?

qmsdc15 06-30-11 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDogg (Post 12859641)
That's because of the angle of the picture. In real life, it is perfectly aligned... Wait, nevermind... That's probably what you were saying.

No, you're nose down.

AlphaDogg 06-30-11 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qmsdc15 (Post 12863842)
No, you're nose down.

I adjusted it today.. it's now level.

the cyclops 06-30-11 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 12859906)
:eek:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, You've scarred my brain now. How can I ride it now with that in my mind.
:eek: :cry:

LOL!!! Maybe I should buy my girlfriend a seat like that...No wait,nevermind o.O

giantcfr1 06-30-11 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdelaaR (Post 12862694)
Shouldn't rails be titanium? ;)...

I have one of each. The Selle San Marco is ti. :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:33 PM.