Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/)
-   -   Post pictures of your Hybrid (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/573248-post-pictures-your-hybrid.html)

Sixty Fiver 08-31-09 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WCoastPeddler (Post 9585299)
Why yes, there was -- and you won! Nice bike. :thumb: :)

What did I win ?

The folder was actually to illustrate the fact real men can ride anything... I have no need to compensate.

:lol:

TamaraEden 08-31-09 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver (Post 9591434)
What did I win ?

The folder was actually to illustrate the fact real men can ride anything... I have no need to compensate.

:lol:

I have folding headphones...that must count for a prize too...right?

KungPaoSchwinn 08-31-09 07:53 PM

Hey Eden, u know where Tamarind street is,right off hollywood freeway,i used to live there for 3 yrs, i am going to visit my mom in China town in the fall,,u wanna show me around?
BTW u know the temple in my avatar i am sure, it was in a movie, the usual suspects.

TamaraEden 08-31-09 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KungPaoSchwinn (Post 9591659)
Hey Eden, u know where Tamarind street is,right off hollywood freeway,i used to live there for 3 yrs, i am going to visit my mom in China town in the fall,,u wanna show me around?
BTW u know the temple in my avatar i am sure, it was in a movie, the usual suspects.

If you lived here three years you should know your way around :)

When you come in the fall, email, perhaps my husband and I can meet up for a ride around town to see sites. :)

RiverCityCyclis 08-31-09 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorganRaider (Post 9590651)
Is that a Terriercam or bark collar around her neck. Come to think of it, if you borrowed RiverCity Cycler's camera and strapped it to her, could make for a good video. Have River City do the editing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KShep (Post 9590780)
Maggie & i apologize for hijacking this thread.

I covet RiverCities cycle cam.

The device around her neck is a reciever for the invisible fence...terriercam would be a hoot.

Get her on the way via UPS and we'll make it happen :-)

qmsdc15 09-01-09 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver (Post 9591434)
What did I win ?

The folder was actually to illustrate the fact real men can ride anything... I have no need to compensate.

:lol:

What's with the extra long seatpost and giant chainring then?

KShep 09-01-09 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorganRaider (Post 9568980)

The GC3s arrived from Amazon yesterday. I ordered the 'Small Race' version. According to Amazon dot com this ^ is the small race version 'cause this is what I got. The box denotes these are "small, for a woman". I can only imagine what the 'Large' bar ends look like.

In any event they will take some getting used to as they are ~25% larger than the previous set.

I do like the grips that are included with the bar ends. They are touted to provide an excellent support position to help relieve that pesky ulnar wrist/elbow/thumb bone going dead syndrome. :thumb: I have mine positioned nearly horizontal...in parallel with the seat angle.

sh00k 09-01-09 07:26 AM

^ thanks for the info kshep. im going to be ordering these too... but on universalcycles, i saw the 'small' version of these and the bar ends are literally like 2" long... maybe yours just came in the wrong box? i dunno.... i'll try to get more info before ordering... i want the same ones you have - they look really comfortable.

FXjohn 09-01-09 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh00k (Post 9593413)
^ thanks for the info kshep. im going to be ordering these too... but on universalcycles, i saw the 'small' version of these and the bar ends are literally like 2" long... maybe yours just came in the wrong box? i dunno.... i'll try to get more info before ordering... i want the same ones you have - they look really comfortable.

Here's mine...

It's an older 7700 FX

KungPaoSchwinn 09-01-09 07:47 AM

Nice set up KShep, i been thinking to get one but i am using a mirrior which goes inside the handbar,looks like the bar you have will not acommodate my mirror, BTW, how the barend keep up in place? Is the whole thing screw on over the handlebar like a regular grip?.

This is what i have now
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...2/DSC_3904.jpg

sh00k 09-01-09 07:50 AM

pics from my 1st long ride.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3499/...fbb0c02d_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3552/...a77a964a_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2459/...bb01eddd_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2461/...0cfef863_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2437/...738ab7f2_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2669/...f93b46ed_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2668/...8951d957_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2663/...d8d3db06_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2469/...1cc24ca2_o.jpg

KungPaoSchwinn 09-01-09 07:56 AM

That is some awesome scenary,you could use some exposure lock on you camera to make them even better,nice bike as well,,but where are you in those pics?

KShep 09-01-09 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KungPaoSchwinn (Post 9593551)
Nice set up KShep, i been thinking to get one but i am using a mirrior which goes inside the handbar,looks like the bar you have will not acommodate my mirror, BTW, how the barend keep up in place? Is the whole thing screw on over the handlebar like a regular grip?.

This is what i have now
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...2/DSC_3904.jpg

If I needed a mirror your set up would fit the bill.

The pic I posted earlier (blue 7.6 FX) is MorganRaiders bike....not mine. The GC3s I recieved from Amazon are the same as in that pic. I thought i was gonna get the smaller ones like WCoast or Sixty Fiver (sorry, I cannot locate the post/thread) installed.

KShep 09-01-09 08:45 AM

Ergon bar ends and grips available at Amazon. Sold via BikeSomeWhere dot com. Mine order was delivered within a week. Others have beeen less fortunate with this online vendor.

http://www.amazon.com/s.html/ref=bl_...01&brand=Ergon

I entered a search for Ergon GC3 but did not look at all available Ergon products or I might have selected a less bulky version.

KungPaoSchwinn 09-01-09 09:06 AM

Okay, if i use the grip with barend as shown in the pics, i won't be able to use my mirror bcz the barend will take up the space in the handbar where the mirror goes into...hope i am right on this.

sh00k 09-01-09 09:30 AM

kungpao - I believe you are right but there has to be another way to make this work.... hmmmm......

MorganRaider 09-01-09 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KShep (Post 9593246)
The GC3s arrived from Amazon yesterday. I ordered the 'Small Race' version. According to Amazon dot com this ^ is the small race version 'cause this is what I got. The box denotes these are "small, for a woman". I can only imagine what the 'Large' bar ends look like.

In any event they will take some getting used to as they are ~25% larger than the previous set.

I do like the grips that are included with the bar ends. They are touted to provide an excellent support position to help relieve that pesky ulnar wrist/elbow/thumb bone going dead syndrome. :thumb: I have mine positioned nearly horizontal...in parallel with the seat angle.


Mine are the Large size - It has do with the PAD for palm.
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...g?t=1251821014

I also like having the bar ends more vertical so I can rest my hands on the end of palm pad and the bar end as if you are shaking someone's hand. This position simulates what a road biker might do "resting on the hoods". Another good hand position for me to wrap fingers totally around vertical part of bar-end. I will post some pics later on to show what I am talking about.

MorganRaider 09-01-09 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KShep (Post 9593915)
Ergon bar ends and grips available at Amazon. Sold via BikeSomeWhere dot com. Mine order was delivered within a week. Others have beeen less fortunate with this online vendor.

http://www.amazon.com/s.html/ref=bl_...01&brand=Ergon

I entered a search for Ergon GC3 but did not look at all available Ergon products or I might have selected a less bulky version.


Here is where I purchased them. They have an online chat for tech support (upper left corner of web page) These guys are very helpful.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/mo...640.460.1.html

Wanderer 09-01-09 10:33 AM

Here's how I did mine - using regular bar ends. Just slide the handgrips in a little tighter, mount the bar ends, and then mount the mirror. (mirror turned around for picture clarity)http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...e/100_1637.jpg

I don't know how I would mount the mirror with that new style.

I use my mirror A LOT!

KShep 09-01-09 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorganRaider (Post 9594450)
Mine are the Large size - It has do with the PAD for palm.

Ah HAH!! The case is solve -ed. (Inspector Clouseau voice) Thank you.

KShep 09-01-09 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanderer (Post 9594595)

..the Taz doesn't care how much you use it. He doesn't appear too comfy with all those thingys pointing right at him.:)

sh00k 09-01-09 11:36 AM

wanderer - that setup looks bada$$! i love it! reminds me of the top of a semi-truck, in a good way!

KShep 09-01-09 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorganRaider (Post 9594470)
Here is where I purchased them. They have an online chat for tech support (upper left corner of web page) These guys are very helpful.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/mo...640.460.1.html


...the GX3s would have suited my purpose better.

LesMcLuffAlot 09-01-09 11:49 AM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2465/...caf0a74656.jpg

Here she is with some 23mm tires ready for some intervals around Boulevard Lake this afternoon. On holidays!!!

KShep 09-01-09 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesMcLuffAlot (Post 9595101)
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2465/...caf0a74656.jpg

Here she is with some 23mm tires ready for some intervals around Boulevard Lake this afternoon. On holidays!!!

Enjoy your time away from the grind. Sharp looking bike. :thumb::thumb:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:06 PM.