Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/)
-   -   Post pictures of your Hybrid (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/573248-post-pictures-your-hybrid.html)

SHOFINE 04-24-12 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbchybridrider (Post 14133623)
That's a very stylish comfy looking bike SHOFINE :)

Thanks Mate! You got quite a fine collection yourself!

Igo 04-24-12 06:55 PM

I ride 70 or miles a week or more on a bike very much like it.

Otter 718 04-25-12 06:42 AM

Thanks, erg79! That was definitely on my mind while putting it together, if only as an optimistic "someday" use.

Evgeny 04-28-12 12:06 PM

Another one photo of my bike (taken today)http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22219703/Bik...oloseevo01.jpg

Igo 04-28-12 12:49 PM

There's an Escape. I told you I didn't have the only one.

fez_ 04-28-12 01:38 PM

Damn that bike looks good.

dizzydtrain 04-28-12 03:48 PM

Crappy pic. Just picked up a Cannondale quick 3

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/s...n/IMG_4297.jpg

Dunbar 04-28-12 05:28 PM

That Giant Escape frame looks a lot like the Trek FX.

Igo 04-28-12 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunbar (Post 14156471)
That Giant Escape frame looks a lot like the Trek FX.

Rumor has it that the Trek FX looks a lot like the Giant Escape. Giant is the largest frame builder in the world and has built many frames for Trek in the past and, as far as I know, may still do so.

badger1 04-28-12 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igo (Post 14156598)
Rumor has it that the Trek FX looks a lot like the Giant Escape. Giant is the largest frame builder in the world and has built many frames for Trek in the past and, as far as I know, may still do so.

Still does; with the exception of the very highest-grade carbon frames (road and mountain), all Treks are made either by Giant (mid/upper-mid level) or other off-shore (Taiwan; China; Vietnam) factories. In the case of Specialized ... everything. Their high-end facility (in Taiwan) is Merida. Cannondale, the same (off-shore production).
Further, the similarity should not be surprising; the Escape, like the FX, or the new (2012) Specialized Sirrus, for example, are all basically flat-bar versions of 'light touring' frames; the geometry/overall 'look' will necessarily be pretty much-of-a-muchness.

alexaschwanden 04-28-12 07:04 PM

Sweet Cannondale quick, tell us how you like it when you get a few hundred miles on it.

Igo 04-28-12 07:48 PM

Do you know of a quality aluminum frame still built here in the US?

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger1 (Post 14156661)
Still does; with the exception of the very highest-grade carbon frames (road and mountain), all Treks are made either by Giant (mid/upper-mid level) or other off-shore (Taiwan; China; Vietnam) factories. In the case of Specialized ... everything. Their high-end facility (in Taiwan) is Merida. Cannondale, the same (off-shore production).
Further, the similarity should not be surprising; the Escape, like the FX, or the new (2012) Specialized Sirrus, for example, are all basically flat-bar versions of 'light touring' frames; the geometry/overall 'look' will necessarily be pretty much-of-a-muchness.


Igo 04-28-12 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger1 (Post 14156661)
Still does; with the exception of the very highest-grade carbon frames (road and mountain), all Treks are made either by Giant (mid/upper-mid level) or other off-shore (Taiwan; China; Vietnam) factories. In the case of Specialized ... everything. Their high-end facility (in Taiwan) is Merida. Cannondale, the same (off-shore production).
Further, the similarity should not be surprising; the Escape, like the FX, or the new (2012) Specialized Sirrus, for example, are all basically flat-bar versions of 'light touring' frames; the geometry/overall 'look' will necessarily be pretty much-of-a-muchness.

I like SRAM 4X better than Shimano Altus and I like a 32C or even a 28C tire better for commuting than a 35C. So that nails it. At $450 the Escape is a better buy IMO than the 7.2 FX.

badger1 04-28-12 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igo (Post 14156881)
Do you know of a quality aluminum frame still built here in the US?

Certainly nothing relatively "affordable"; there are some custom frame builders in the States who work in aluminum, and I recall reading somewhere that there is a bit of comeback of sorts -- but of course those would cost! We (in Canada) used to have Devinci aluminum frames actually made in Quebec, but their domestic production ended several years ago as far as I know.

DAK 04-29-12 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my new bike that I just got yesterday :)


http://i48.tinypic.com/2mqloc6.jpg

dizzydtrain 04-29-12 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexaschwanden (Post 14156725)
Sweet Cannondale quick, tell us how you like it when you get a few hundred miles on it.

Will do, still waiting to be cleared to ride bikes again but that will hopefully be soon.

Igo 04-29-12 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAK (Post 14158679)
Here is my new bike that I just got yesterday :)

Beautiful, but what is it?

nrowensby 04-29-12 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igo (Post 14159305)
Beautiful, but what is it?

Looks like a 2011 Jamis Coda to me....

Igo 04-29-12 06:38 PM

I'm not very familiar with Jamis. I've got to look into them.

DAK 04-29-12 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Igo (Post 14159305)
Beautiful, but what is it?

It actually is a 2012 Jamis Coda Sport, it's a wonderful bike! :love:

I read around that 2011 might have better components or something though, but it's kind of hard to find used Coda's around my area.

a1penguin 04-29-12 08:04 PM

The black and silver is a nice combo! I like that Jamis doesn't display their brand name on every possible location on the frame. I want to look at the bikes, not the brand name.

alexaschwanden 04-29-12 08:41 PM

Sweet Jamis.

brandini 04-30-12 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evgeny (Post 14155747)
Another one photo of my bike (taken today)

Nice! I test rode an escape to get a feel for the Seek I ordered. Very similar but the seek has discs and is a bit more upright/mountain/curb bomber in feel and position. I do love the top tube shape on the Escape though!

erg79 04-30-12 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAK (Post 14158679)
Here is my new bike that I just got yesterday :)


http://i48.tinypic.com/2mqloc6.jpg

Dead sexy. Did you raise the stem, or is there normally that much space on it?

BarracksSi 04-30-12 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erg79 (Post 14161960)
Dead sexy. Did you raise the stem, or is there normally that much space on it?

A lot of Jamis bikes, his included, have a sleeve on the steerer tube that allows the stem to be adjusted up and down pretty easily for the rider's preference. No swapping spacers, no adjusting the tension on the top cap, no angled shims (like Specialized stems), no multi-piece stems with toothed hinges -- just loosen the pinch bolt, slide it up or down the sleeve, then tighten again. It's even got a ridge in front (visible in his pic) and a corresponding notch in the stem to keep it aligned forward.

I haven't seen it on any other brand, at least not yet. I think it's kinda cool. If you want the stem slammed to the headset, of course you'll have a lot of steerer tube that you can't get rid of without also ditching the stem and sleeve, but for most people on this kind of bike, that's not an issue.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:26 PM.