Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-13, 05:43 PM   #4851
dowlf
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Bikes:
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
That was a nice ride, have been waiting for some feed back on your new bike. Anything you would change on yours that you haven't already ? Took mine for a ride today, had a nasty head wind. Probably going to go again just before dark, and am thinking about trying some 32's on my other wheel set.
I'm really happy with everything else the way it is for now. Hopefully I don't start lusting after another bike for a long time, my bank account is suffering as it is!
dowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 05:44 PM   #4852
Joelpatrick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Bikes: Cannondale Quick 4
Posts: 137
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've looked at a few Nishikis at Dicks and they seem like nice bikes with good components for the price. Besides, if it rides nice and you like it who cares what brand it is.
Joelpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-13, 07:09 PM   #4853
xoxoxoxoLive
Senior Member
 
xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville FL
Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX
Posts: 2,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlf View Post
I'm really happy with everything else the way it is for now. Hopefully I don't start lusting after another bike for a long time, my bank account is suffering as it is!
I feel your pain. Have made all the changes that I'm planning on for now.
xoxoxoxoLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 09:05 AM   #4854
erg79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Bikes: 2012 Jamis Coda Comp; early 80s Univega Nuovo Sport
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelpatrick View Post
I've looked at a few Nishikis at Dicks and they seem like nice bikes with good components for the price. Besides, if it rides nice and you like it who cares what brand it is.
And when it comes down to it, most every bike on the market comes from the same two or three factories in China. It's just a matter of the mix of components, and branding.
erg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 10:17 AM   #4855
MaggieJayne
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Bikes:
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by erg79 View Post
And when it comes down to it, most every bike on the market comes from the same two or three factories in China. It's just a matter of the mix of components, and branding.

Thanks guys! I do love it, just had a moment of buyer's remorse. hahaha that's a lot of money to me. =]
MaggieJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 10:42 AM   #4856
EddNog
Senior Member
 
EddNog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Bikes: Road/Race: 2012 Breezer Venturi; Trail: 2016 Scott Scale 720 Plus
Posts: 204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieJayne View Post
Thanks guys! I do love it, just had a moment of buyer's remorse. hahaha that's a lot of money to me. =]
Doesnt matter what you ride, as long as you can ride the hell out of it and have fun doing so!
EddNog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 04:40 PM   #4857
OldRoadman
Senior Member
 
OldRoadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Menomonee Falls, Wi.
Bikes: 82 Trek 613 Sport Touring, 84 Lotus Classique
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Trek 613 Road to Hybrid

Converted road bars to 100mm risers. Kalloy riser stem. Suntour thumb shifters and Tektro brakes. All new cables. This is much easier on my neck and back.
I think my 85 Lotus Classique is up next for this type conversion. Perhaps not quite a Hybrid in the strictest sense, but this works for me!

OldRoadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 04:59 PM   #4858
giantcfr1
Ha ha ha ha ha
 
giantcfr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gold Coast; Australia
Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b
Posts: 4,542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRoadman View Post
... Perhaps not quite a Hybrid in the strictest sense, but this works for me!

Nice work. By the way there is no strict definition of a hybrid so your bike fits neatly in our sub-forum.
giantcfr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 05:29 PM   #4859
erg79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Bikes: 2012 Jamis Coda Comp; early 80s Univega Nuovo Sport
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great looking classic Trek!
erg79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 07:48 PM   #4860
xoxoxoxoLive
Senior Member
 
xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville FL
Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX
Posts: 2,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agree, well done. And looks great.
xoxoxoxoLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 03:35 AM   #4861
SHOFINE 
Senior Member
 
SHOFINE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Gulf Coast
Bikes:
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRoadman View Post
Converted road bars to 100mm risers. Kalloy riser stem. Suntour thumb shifters and Tektro brakes. All new cables. This is much easier on my neck and back.
I think my 85 Lotus Classique is up next for this type conversion. Perhaps not quite a Hybrid in the strictest sense, but this works for me!
Nice! been thinking of doing that to my World Sport...already got the riser stem.
__________________
2016 Trek Farley 9.6, 2015 616 Muenzie, 2013 On One Fatty, 2011 Trek Sawyer, 2011 Kona Dr. Fine, 1985 Schwinn Tempo, 1982 Schwinn World Sport

SHOFINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 02:25 AM   #4862
stockmover
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Bikes:
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Trek FX 7.2

My hybrid. Trek 7.2 FX
Upgrades: 700 x 32 Michelin City Pilot Tires
Ergon GC3 Handle Bar Grips







stockmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 07:52 AM   #4863
martinus
Senior Member
 
martinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Bikes:
Posts: 939
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinus View Post
Not mine, but cant belive I'm thinking about it ( adj stem, triple, 700x32 not 23 ) ...





Baught it ... Didnt waste any time, after the test fit of the 700x42's... ( pics above ) It went well, so I added my tosrv saddle and a riser bar with the same awesome grips that are on my MTB. ... ordered some black ops platforms. ( wellgo copies )




Last edited by martinus; 05-03-13 at 08:00 AM.
martinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 08:23 AM   #4864
giantcfr1
Ha ha ha ha ha
 
giantcfr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gold Coast; Australia
Bikes: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er Aldi Big Box (Polygon) 650b
Posts: 4,542
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinus View Post
Baught it ... Didnt waste any time, after the test fit of the 700x42's... ( pics above ) It went well, so I added my tosrv saddle and a riser bar with the same awesome grips that are on my MTB. ... ordered some black ops platforms. ( wellgo copies )


...
Very freeekin hot.
giantcfr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 04:12 AM   #4865
ejschultz
Senior Member
 
ejschultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Schererville, IN
Bikes:
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinus View Post
... ordered some black ops platforms. ( wellgo copies )
I'm pretty happy with my Black Ops platforms. I grew up riding with platform pedals and didn't like the "stock" pedals on my Utopia. The Black Ops are great for gripping your shoes. They're also great for banging the crap out of your shins.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 10:34 AM   #4866
dhunley1
Senior Member
 
dhunley1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Bikes:
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
From a couple weeks ago.





This past Saturday.

dhunley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 06:47 PM   #4867
TomCat_Ford
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Bikes:
Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I really like that color orange.
TomCat_Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 09:35 PM   #4868
martinus
Senior Member
 
martinus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Bikes:
Posts: 939
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejschultz View Post
I'm pretty happy with my Black Ops platforms. I grew up riding with platform pedals and didn't like the "stock" pedals on my Utopia. The Black Ops are great for gripping your shoes. They're also great for banging the crap out of your shins.
It looks like it should be a good replacment for my schwinn xs pedals. ( alloy, non sealed, screw in pins. )

I'll find out later this week... my horn came in, but the pedals are on another odrer... ( differnt wholesaler )
martinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 08:18 AM   #4869
romeplows
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Huntington, WV
Bikes: 2013 Trek 7.2fx, 2012 Trek 7100
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Picked this up off craiglist yesterday for $275:




I think it's a 2013 (haven't seen too many 7.2fx's with the white seat and red pedals). Never ridden and completely perfect - I feel quite lucky to have gotten such a deal.
I'm Jesse by the way, new to the forums and semi-new to cycling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130506_191018.jpg (49.1 KB, 145 views)
romeplows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 08:23 AM   #4870
Okiecardinal
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Bikes:
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeplows View Post
Picked this up off craiglist yesterday for $275:




I think it's a 2013 (haven't seen too many 7.2fx's with the white seat and red pedals). Never ridden and completely perfect - I feel quite lucky to have gotten such a deal.
I'm Jesse by the way, new to the forums and semi-new to cycling.

Barring major damage somewhere to that bike....you got an absolute STEAL for that bike at that price! Congrats.

P.S. Come to think of it, that price off Craigslist might be literally a steal.
Okiecardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 08:47 AM   #4871
romeplows
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Huntington, WV
Bikes: 2013 Trek 7.2fx, 2012 Trek 7100
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiecardinal View Post
Barring major damage somewhere to that bike....you got an absolute STEAL for that bike at that price! Congrats.

P.S. Come to think of it, that price off Craigslist might be literally a steal.

Haha! The seller had come cross two treks at an estate sale and picked them up for cheap - listing was at 300 bucks and we settled on 275.
romeplows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 10:12 AM   #4872
DocsDad
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SW Michigan
Bikes: 2016 Trek 520 Disc, 2013 Trek 7.2 FX, 2010 Trek 4300 Disc
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeplows View Post
Picked this up off craiglist yesterday for $275:




I think it's a 2013 (haven't seen too many 7.2fx's with the white seat and red pedals). Never ridden and completely perfect - I feel quite lucky to have gotten such a deal.
I'm Jesse by the way, new to the forums and semi-new to cycling.
That seat came on my 2013 7.2 FX. Red pedals were stock as well. That is a great deal.
DocsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 12:47 PM   #4873
PatrickGSR94
Senior Member
 
PatrickGSR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Memphis TN area
Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)
Posts: 6,183
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Holy crap man why can't I ever find such deals on my CL??
PatrickGSR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 05:40 PM   #4874
xoxoxoxoLive
Senior Member
 
xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville FL
Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX
Posts: 2,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
Holy crap man why can't I ever find such deals on my CL??
I've found many, but you have to check from your phone like every hour. The good deals are gone that quick, to many people flipping bikes now.. If you watch your local CL for about a month, you will start to spot the reseller's...
xoxoxoxoLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 05:44 PM   #4875
xoxoxoxoLive
Senior Member
 
xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Jacksonville FL
Bikes: 2013 TREK 7.6 FX
Posts: 2,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
I've found many, but you have to check from your phone like every hour. The good deals are gone that quick, to many people flipping bikes now.. If you watch your local CL for about a month, you will start to spot the reseller's...
You will see a bike listed for say, 200.00 dollars then a couple weeks later the same bike for 350.00 ...
xoxoxoxoLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:12 AM.