Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/)
-   -   Post pictures of your Hybrid (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/573248-post-pictures-your-hybrid.html)

jbchybridrider 03-03-14 02:56 AM

Arrr! next you'll tell me your hairy........ your in.

rise000 03-08-14 02:38 PM

after few months without cycling it was time to get back in the saddle ... ofcourse with few upgrades :D

Ritchey PRO wet black stem and handlebar, 1x10 setup with Race Face Narrow Wide chainring and Shimano ZEE rear der. and shifter... Very pleased both with simplicity of looks and how it rides ;)

http://www.zaslike.com/files/gahuq1qczmj454kb65t.jpg

giantcfr1 03-10-14 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rise000 (Post 16560480)
after few months without cycling it was time to get back in the saddle ... ofcourse with few upgrades :D

Ritchey PRO wet black stem and handlebar, 1x10 setup with Race Face Narrow Wide chainring and Shimano ZEE rear der. and shifter... Very pleased both with simplicity of looks and how it rides ;)

http://www.zaslike.com/files/gahuq1qczmj454kb65t.jpg

Still a hot looking bike :thumb:

jbchybridrider 03-11-14 08:43 AM

That's one of the finest bikes here. :thumb:

rise000 03-13-14 02:55 AM

Thnx guys :thumb:

new tires arrived today, hope to catch some time during the day to mount them on...

Farslider 03-13-14 10:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
2013 Norco Vermont with added fenders & pannier rack; accessories from Mountain Equipment Co-op-- the pannier bag easily converts to a messenger bag. Registered with Operation Hands-off, I use both a U-lock & a multi-link chain version as well, the bike isn't expensive I just want to discourage anyone who thinks it's a quick pick ;)

PatrickGSR94 03-13-14 12:14 PM

Why keep the U-lock on the frame when you have the bag? Doesn't it rattle like crazy hanging off the frame? For that matter I'd probably put all that other stuff like the pump etc. in the bag, too.

giantcfr1 03-13-14 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farslider (Post 16574320)
2013 Norco Vermont with added fenders & pannier rack; accessories from Mountain Equipment Co-op-- the pannier bag easily converts to a messenger bag. Registered with Operation Hands-off, I use both a U-lock & a multi-link chain version as well, the bike isn't expensive I just want to discourage anyone who thinks it's a quick pick ;)

Your local bike shop must have been happy the day you bought your bike and 'bits', but one question... You seem to be decked out for a day or two of touring, but don't seem to have bottle cage space. Cammel Back?

lopek77 03-13-14 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rise000 (Post 16560480)
after few months without cycling it was time to get back in the saddle ... ofcourse with few upgrades :D

Ritchey PRO wet black stem and handlebar, 1x10 setup with Race Face Narrow Wide chainring and Shimano ZEE rear der. and shifter... Very pleased both with simplicity of looks and how it rides ;)

http://www.zaslike.com/files/gahuq1qczmj454kb65t.jpg

That is strange...I don't like the color scheme of individual components /it definitely wouldnt be my choice/, but for some reason it looks really, really good! Can't explain it to myself lol Very nice bike...

rise000 03-14-14 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lopek77 (Post 16576376)
That is strange...I don't like the color scheme of individual components /it definitely wouldnt be my choice/, but for some reason it looks really, really good! Can't explain it to myself lol Very nice bike...

Hm...very good point, personaly I also do not prefer colors on the bike but looks realy good put together :D
As for updates, Schwalbe Sammy Slick tires 700x35 instaled yesterday, bike is now at 10.9kg.

Farslider 03-14-14 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 (Post 16574623)
Why keep the U-lock on the frame when you have the bag? Doesn't it rattle like crazy hanging off the frame? For that matter I'd probably put all that other stuff like the pump etc. in the bag, too.

The frame clip for the U-lock is actually pretty secure; the bag is both for my work clothes including shoes and also for a place to put my lights & pump when I lock my ride. Have a separate stash bag for the removable seat.

Farslider 03-14-14 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 16575708)
Your local bike shop must have been happy the day you bought your bike and 'bits', but one question... You seem to be decked out for a day or two of touring, but don't seem to have bottle cage space. Cammel Back?

Actually I just commute to work with it, but if I were to get the time for a trip I'd most certainly go with the spinaltap idea. For now the bag has room for a bottle, I'm not worried about losing a few minutes by finding somewhere to sit and cool down. The setup allows for room for my work clothes which includes dress shoes, as well when I lock up my ride I throw in my lights and pump, and have a separate bag for my seat.

giantcfr1 03-14-14 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farslider (Post 16578508)
...*and have a separate bag for my seat.

I respect your choice, but I would suggest a chain from your saddle rail to your chainstay if you need the quick release post clamp. Why do you need it? Do you constantly adjust your saddle height? In saying that, I do use one because I swap my posts and saddles between commuting and single track rides.

Farslider 03-15-14 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 16578767)
... I would suggest a chain from your saddle rail to your chainstay if you need the quick release post clamp. Why do you need it?

Thought of the chain, the seat post quick release came with the bike; but after thinking about it, a lot of bike theft in my area's just kids joy riding, and a bike without a seat isn't very fun :) ... Taking the seat with me tells whoever looking at it to go on to something more complete lol.

lopek77 03-15-14 11:27 PM

Is it just me or bikes with disc brakes just look better? Yes, I went through many, many pages lol

Brocko 03-17-14 06:57 PM

My hybrid
 
2 Attachment(s)
I have added new mks pedals since this photo was taken but this was the only photo I had

2012 Scott metrix 20

VicFlo 03-17-14 09:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=369471http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=369472My specialized crosstrail sport Disc. Love the bike and as you can see in the second pic I broke the derailleur first ride out. I'll admit no idea what I was doing but sure I cross shifted it and possibly didn't tune it right. So took it to a LBS and now it's all better and I've only put about 25miles on it but really enjoying it thus far.
Upcoming mods:
Rear Rack
Child Seat

Things Considering much further out:
Nashbar Carbon MTB fork
SPD pedals and shoes

giantcfr1 03-18-14 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicFlo (Post 16587522)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=369472... possibly didn't tune it right....

I think it was more than a tuning problem. It appear that possibly the bike has fallen, and bent the derailleur hanger. When you changed gears it may have got caught on your spokes and pulled the derailleur up over the cassette. Maybe the shop either replaced the hanger or just bent it back. If the later, keep your eye on it.

VicFlo 03-18-14 07:13 AM

I did it on the first ride after assembling it myself so straight out the box and has yet to be dropped. But it works great now and I'm extremely happy.

RichBeau 03-18-14 09:02 AM

http://richbeaubien.com/photos/stuff/DSC_2407.jpg
Picked this 2014 Verve 3 from the LBS on Saturday. I did get 5 or so miles on it but it's been way too cold for my old bones. Hopefully Thursday or Friday. The seat has to go. I'm waiting on a Sportourer to arrive.

PatrickGSR94 03-18-14 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VicFlo (Post 16587522)
My specialized crosstrail sport Disc. Love the bike and as you can see in the second pic I broke the derailleur first ride out. I'll admit no idea what I was doing but sure I cross shifted it and possibly didn't tune it right. So took it to a LBS and now it's all better and I've only put about 25miles on it but really enjoying it thus far.
Upcoming mods:
Rear Rack
Child Seat

Things Considering much further out:
Nashbar Carbon MTB fork
SPD pedals and shoes

Looks nice, glad you got the RD worked out. How do you plan on attaching the rack?

For pedals I highly recommend the Shimano PD-A530 double-sided pedals, which has SPD on one side and platform on the other. It's great for when you want to just have a leisurely ride around in regular shoes or flip flops, and then more spirited rides while clipped in, without changing pedals back and forth. I did that on last year's beach vacation (swapped pedals) and it was a real pain. I ordered my A530's shortly after returning from that trip.

VicFlo 03-19-14 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 (Post 16588725)
Looks nice, glad you got the RD worked out. How do you plan on attaching the rack?

For pedals I highly recommend the Shimano PD-A530 double-sided pedals, which has SPD on one side and platform on the other. It's great for when you want to just have a leisurely ride around in regular shoes or flip flops, and then more spirited rides while clipped in, without changing pedals back and forth. I did that on last year's beach vacation (swapped pedals) and it was a real pain. I ordered my A530's shortly after returning from that trip.

Thanks and I really appreciate the pedal recommendation they're in my amazon cart now. As for the rack the Crosstrail comes built with mounting holes (one reason I chose this bike).

lopek77 03-31-14 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yey! Snow is melting and it's 50F!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-u.../bikesmall.jpg

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=371954

Gus90 04-01-14 07:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is mine...

ColonelSanders 04-01-14 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lopek77 (Post 16581516)
Is it just me or bikes with disc brakes just look better? Yes, I went through many, many pages lol

Yep, I love the look and just the whole idea of disc brakes.

One of the reasons why I am so keen to get a new bike is so that I can try out disc brakes in all their glory. :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39 PM.