Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/)
-   -   Post pictures of your Hybrid (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/573248-post-pictures-your-hybrid.html)

ColonelSanders 04-06-14 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenhog (Post 16647136)

Very nice looking setup.

Those fenders look awesome, what brand/model are they?

Nordo 04-06-14 05:22 PM

This is my Specialized Crossroads Elite. It's all stock except for the stem, seat post, and Topeak rack/bag. Well, and the tires.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m..._3004_crop.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m..._3013_crop.jpg

Ravenhog 04-06-14 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders (Post 16647156)
Very nice looking setup.

Those fenders look awesome, what brand/model are they?

Thanks, they are the Planet Bike Full Hybrid. They come with no mud flaps so I added the mud flaps from the Cascadias to add a little bit more coverage.(Dirt cheap from PlanetBike.com) They are much sleeker looking compared to the Cascadias due to the single curved over stay.


https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...41849553_n.jpghttps://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...43927276_n.jpg

dhunley1 04-07-14 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordo (Post 16647450)
This is my Specialized Crossroads Elite. It's all stock except for the stem, seat post, and Topeak rack/bag. Well, and the tires.



http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m..._3013_crop.jpg

Looks good. What bag do you have on your rack?

Nordo 04-07-14 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhunley1 (Post 16650820)
Looks good. What bag do you have on your rack?

Thanks. The bag is an RX TrunkBag EX. Here is a link:

TopeakŪ Cycling Accessories ? Products - RX TrunkBag EX

retroroadie 04-08-14 12:33 AM

Giant Cypress-R Rebuild
 
2 Attachment(s)
A very basic Giant Cypress-R frame built up with a Kona Karbon Kross CX fork, a Truvativ Touro compact crank, 105 8-speed STI, and Tektro CX cantis. I switch between Specialized Nimbus EX (700 x 28) touring tires and old IRC Cross Country (700 x 35) knobbies. The only changes made since the pic were to replace the rear brake with a Tektro Mini-V for better heel clearance and to replace the Wellgo clipless pedals with Time ATACs. A great cheap and dirty pocket rocket.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=373436 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=373435

retroroadie 04-08-14 12:45 AM

"Colonel Mustard"
 
2 Attachment(s)
"Colonel Mustard" - a short distance commuter rebuild using a Kona Muni-Mula frame, a rigid Ishiwata fork, single 42T chainring, 8-Speed Grip Shift adapted to a road bar, Specialized Fat Boy (26" x 1.25") slicks, cantis & older Shimano 105 SLR standard (non-aero) brake levers with cables set up Scott-Mathauser style (but better ha ha). For more, see: Roly Q's Bike Project Blog: Project Bike: "COLONEL MUSTARD" (2014-04-05)

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=373439 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=373440

hillcrawler 04-08-14 02:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am the only one who has Shimano 105 chainset on a hybrid bike.

DowneasTTer 04-08-14 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillcrawler (Post 16651604)
I am the only one who has Shimano 105 chainset on a hybrid bike.

No, both my wife's and my Giant Escape RX Composites have been upgraded to complete 105 drivetrains. You can read about it here:http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bic...e-owner-s.html

giantcfr1 04-08-14 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillcrawler (Post 16651604)
I am the only one who has Shimano 105 chainset on a hybrid bike.

You are joking aren't you?

hillcrawler 04-08-14 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 16651735)
You are joking aren't you?

I wasn't actually but I think there are many people who upgraded their chainset to an originally road component like me.

themishmosh 04-08-14 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillcrawler (Post 16651897)
I wasn't actually but I think there are many people who upgraded their chainset to an originally road component like me.

A lot of performance hybrids use mostly road components. But you're right, people like to upgrade and if DIY, the parts aren't much more expensive.

dhunley1 04-08-14 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordo (Post 16651102)
Thanks. The bag is an RX TrunkBag EX. Here is a link:

TopeakŪ Cycling Accessories ? Products - RX TrunkBag EX

Cool, thanks. That's what I thought. I was under the impression that the RX track bags weren't compatible with the MTX track racks, but it looks like that's what you have...? The size of your bag looks like it would work well for my needs.

Nordo 04-08-14 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhunley1 (Post 16653022)
Cool, thanks. That's what I thought. I was under the impression that the RX track bags weren't compatible with the MTX track racks, but it looks like that's what you have...? The size of your bag looks like it would work well for my needs.


I think all the track racks have the same width track and the same latch bar. The difference is the length and how they attach to the bike. My bag is not as long as my rack but it works fine.

This is the rack I have, I got rid of the flat steel attachment hardware and made my own from aluminum tubing:

TopeakŪ Cycling Accessories ? Products - Explorer Tubular Rack (w/o Spring)

DowneasTTer 04-08-14 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordo (Post 16653129)

This is the rack I have, I got rid of the flat steel attachment hardware and made my own from aluminum tubing:

TopeakŪ Cycling Accessories ? Products - Explorer Tubular Rack (w/o Spring)

Or you can just use Bontrager large strut kit #427332 (black) for around $5.00 bucks from a local Trek dealer. That has two black alum posts that will attach to the rack mounts and the topeak rack via a couple of c clips. You can follow the discussion here: http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bic...-question.html

Nordo 04-08-14 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DowneasTTer (Post 16653169)
Or you can just use Bontrager large strut kit #427332 (black) for around $5.00 bucks from a local Trek dealer. That has two black alum posts that will attach to the rack mounts and the topeak rack via a couple of c clips. You can follow the discussion here: http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bic...-question.html

Making your own is more fun, easy, and if you're a scrounger, almost free! :)

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/m.../IMG_3004a.jpg

DowneasTTer 04-08-14 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordo (Post 16653614)
Making your own is more fun, easy, and if you're a scrounger, almost free! :)

Looks great. Here's mine:http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/gal...?imageid=18329

giantcfr1 04-08-14 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillcrawler (Post 16651897)
I wasn't actually but I think there are many people who upgraded their chainset to an originally road component like me.

Yes that's right,many people have. I myself had a 105 and ultegra mix on mine before it was destroyed after I was hit by a motorbike. Many hybrids have road parts these days, so in my view, it's the norm now, rather than the exception.
I read your original post as if it was something you thought was unique.

ColonelSanders 04-09-14 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenhog (Post 16648113)
Thanks, they are the Planet Bike Full Hybrid. They come with no mud flaps so I added the mud flaps from the Cascadias to add a little bit more coverage.(Dirt cheap from PlanetBike.com) They are much sleeker looking compared to the Cascadias due to the single curved over stay.


https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/...41849553_n.jpg


Looks impressive alright.


If I am reading Planet Bike's Fender information correctly, it would appear that I have no choice but to use their Cascadia 29er Fenders as it is the only fender they sell that is designed for tyres larger than 38mm.


What size tyres are you running?

Ravenhog 04-09-14 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders (Post 16655003)
Looks impressive alright.


If I am reading Planet Bike's Fender information correctly, it would appear that I have no choice but to use their Cascadia 29er Fenders as it is the only fender they sell that is designed for tyres larger than 38mm.


What size tyres are you running?



I'm running Bontrager H2's in 38mm width which are fairly true to size.

ColonelSanders 04-09-14 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravenhog (Post 16655137)
I'm running Bontrager H2's in 38mm width which are fairly true to size.

I think 38mm is the largest size they recommend for your fenders.

Do you have a view on how well your fenders would likely work on say a 40mm wide tyre?

themishmosh 04-09-14 03:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My 2010 Trek Valencia
Recently upgraded the disc brakes to Avid BB7, changed the 3x8 drivetrain to 1x9, and today, got new grips and bar ends.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=373700http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=373701http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=373702

giantcfr1 04-09-14 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themishmosh (Post 16656672)
My 2010 Trek Valencia
Recently upgraded the disc brakes to Avid BB7, changed the 3x8 drivetrain to 1x9, and today, got new grips and bar ends.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=373700http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=373701http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=373702

I love it. Makes me happy to see members' bikes evolving.

Ravenhog 04-09-14 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColonelSanders (Post 16655775)
I think 38mm is the largest size they recommend for your fenders.

Do you have a view on how well your fenders would likely work on say a 40mm wide tyre?

So I measured the fender with a caliper. The overall outside width is 45.72mm. The edge lip is 1.9mm thick meaning the the inner width of the fender is about 41.91mm. If you tire truly measures 40mm wide at its widest you should be fine. What tire are you running?

giantcfr1 04-10-14 02:59 AM

Bought a little "Bling" today...Anodized KCNC chain-ring bolts. :love:
So this is my "Hybrid" as of now...
Bolts: (:eek: whoops didn't wipe the grease off)
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...pskvptghfs.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ps3xediey4.jpg

Daytime:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...pskaoy9gbe.jpg
Night time:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...psnsv4sky0.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...ps3g6olz1b.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:23 AM.