Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/)
-   -   Post pictures of your Hybrid (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/573248-post-pictures-your-hybrid.html)

mechanicmatt 04-28-14 05:40 PM

Just finished this for my wife. I wanted to make her something speedy and nice. Yes I did get it powder coated by Groody Bros in KC...


https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2931/...92401c50_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7385/...898d41b3_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7370/...2e344af0_c.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2931/...06e28dc0_c.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5251/...d5890912_c.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5007/...31ea68b4_c.jpg

alexaschwanden 04-28-14 05:42 PM

Nice bike.

mechanicmatt 04-28-14 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexaschwanden (Post 16710321)
Nice bike.

Thanks, I was trying real hard for her this time.

jskash 04-28-14 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Giant Cypress hybrid.
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=377308

Fudgeurpizzy 04-30-14 12:43 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psbrwdk9ao.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pslx405bks.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...pspgry9jo8.jpg

My 2014 7.7fx is fast and fun. I can't believe I bought it but glad I did.

giantcfr1 04-30-14 10:27 PM

Today in Gion
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...psepkpq4dp.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...pscrqezy4l.jpg

themishmosh 05-01-14 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 16717475)
Today in Gion

Wow. Beautiful bike in beautiful surroundings. Those pics should be used for Cannondale promotional ads!

giantcfr1 05-01-14 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themishmosh (Post 16717794)
Wow. Beautiful bike in beautiful surroundings. Those pics should be used for Cannondale promotional ads!

Thank you very much, you are very kind.

Hauptmann6 05-01-14 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 16717475)
Today in Gion

Wow! I'm really freakin jealous! It's been 15 years since I've been there. I wanna go back for a visit!!!!

giantcfr1 05-01-14 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hauptmann6 (Post 16718178)
Wow! I'm really freakin jealous! It's been 15 years since I've been there. I wanna go back for a visit!!!!

Yes I'm pretty lucky to be living here with incredible roads in the mountains to cruise around, both easy and technical trails and pretty urban areas to discover.

side_FX 05-02-14 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudgeurpizzy (Post 16716051)


Wow! that looks real nice. May. I ask what size it is and how tall are you? Did you try sitting on a Madone 3.1 and seeing how that felt vs. the 7.7? I keep going back and forth between flat bar or drop. Did you have any discussions at your lbs around max tire width? I might like some extra cushioning with a 28 tire. Would it fit?

giantcfr1 05-02-14 11:08 PM

N
Quote:

Originally Posted by side_FX (Post 16723572)
... Did you have any discussions at your lbs around max tire width? I might like some extra cushioning with a 28 tire. Would it fit?

I would hazard a guess that the height could be an issue for the road calipers.

Fudgeurpizzy 05-03-14 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by side_FX (Post 16723572)
Wow! that looks real nice. May. I ask what size it is and how tall are you? Did you try sitting on a Madone 3.1 and seeing how that felt vs. the 7.7? I keep going back and forth between flat bar or drop. Did you have any discussions at your lbs around max tire width? I might like some extra cushioning with a 28 tire. Would it fit?

Hmmm I took the sticker off that had the size information on it... I think it is a 52 or 54. On sizing I was never sized for any bike. I bought my old 7.3fx used for 350 and just rode the turkey out of it for 3yrs. I surf and kind of ride the bike the way I surf. Love jamming on the peddles standing for max speed and just carve and slalom all over the place. I'm 5'8 160 and when I took my 7.3fx into my local Lbs for a broken spoke I asked if they had a 7.7fx? Guy was like right over there and it's the same size as your 7.3fx. I didn't even take it for a test ride because I knew I just wanted it. Been working a lot and had 6k burning a hole in my pocket. Just bought a sattilite elite carbon trekking handlebar for it which I'm stoked about. Next upgrade will be some low resistance tires for max speed hehe. It's a cool bike and I just love the lines of it.
When I had my 7.3fx I was always looking at the 7.9 with dreamy eyes. 7.7fx is a great bike and I might upgrade the crank and the rest to really rock it out.
Already have over 300mi on it riding 25 every other day unless it rains or blowing 25mi an hour. Summer in Florida rules it's hot and usually always calm in the am.

On tire size I'll ask my Lbs Thursday when they put on my new handlebar and tweak my cables. I had 32's on my 7.3fx and now the 25's are pretty sweet. Did I ride a drop bar madone nah just not my style. I'm practical and know the hybrid gives me more options to have fun and stay fit when there is no surf.
Cheers

TamaraEden 05-03-14 10:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Nothing fancy about my 2009 Tred WSD 7000 but I am riding regularly again and thought I'd post. I'm terribly slow but can do a decent distance for a city bike that is far from light. I think my longest ride so far is 26 slow miles :) Really need to cover that brown seat! Why TREK throws brown seats on black bikes is beyond me :) Now about the pics, I need to practice my bike shooting better. Oh, and the Beverly Hills thing is ironic. We live a block from Beverly Hills and I can't stand being that close. I'm so not a BH person. So, while on a meandering ride I thought it would be "fun" to do the total tourist thing with my bike in front of the infamous sign. The honey bear came home with me on a Trader Joe's trip. I think it's cute, so I'm sharing :)

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378187http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378186http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378188

Dirt Road 05-03-14 10:21 PM

Nice looking step-through. The lines are pleasing to the eye.

Fudgeurpizzy 05-03-14 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamaraEden (Post 16726176)
Nothing fancy about my 2009 Tred WSD 7000 but I am riding regularly again and thought I'd post. I'm terribly slow but can do a decent distance for a city bike that is far from light. I think my longest ride so far is 26 slow miles :) Really need to cover that brown seat! Why TREK throws brown seats on black bikes is beyond me :) Now about the pics, I need to practice my bike shooting better. Oh, and the Beverly Hills thing is ironic. We live a block from Beverly Hills and I can't stand being that close. I'm so not a BH person. So, while on a meandering ride I thought it would be "fun" to do the total tourist thing with my bike in front of the infamous sign. The honey bear came home with me on a Trader Joe's trip. I think it's cute, so I'm sharing :)

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378187http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378186http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378188

I think deep down you are proud of where you live and who your neighbors are and nothing wrong with that. 26mi on that bike is twice the work out than the same distance on mine. Imo it's not a distance thing it's the joy of riding. I would rather go slow looking at everything than going balls out looking straight ahead. Your saddle bags rock. The recycled sticker shows you care about more than yourself.

Keep cycling and keep caring about what we leave for future generations. Recycle, reuse and respect all life.

Fudgeurpizzy

TamaraEden 05-03-14 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirt Road (Post 16726199)
Nice looking step-through. The lines are pleasing to the eye.

Thanks. I don't know bikes and lines and all that, but I think it's groovy. Having a few technical fitting issues that I'm working out now that I'm riding it often.

TamaraEden 05-03-14 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudgeurpizzy (Post 16726229)
I think deep down you are proud of where you live and who your neighbors are and nothing wrong with that. 26mi on that bike is twice the work out than the same distance on mine. Imo it's not a distance thing it's the joy of riding. I would rather go slow looking at everything than going balls out looking straight ahead. Your saddle bags rock. The recycled sticker shows you care about more than yourself.

Keep cycling and keep caring about what we leave for future generations. Recycle, reuse and respect all life.

Fudgeurpizzy

Everything you said is spot on, except for the BH part. I really don't like the glitz, the over materialism of it. The houses are gorgeous, the streets are pretty to ride, but what it all stands for...no thanks. That part you have wrong. :)

Regarding the distance on my bike, since I've never really seriously rode anything else, I have no idea what a different bike feels like in regards to ease and speed. I had a bike as a kid but not for long and in my twenties which I hardly rode. Someday I'll upgrade to something lighter but I need to ride this one enough to warrant the money spent.

Thanks for all the thoughts :)

Jaeger99 05-04-14 07:57 AM

Beautiful morning for a ride to the marina:

http://www.fototime.com/DA34B2422C6DBF6/orig.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/A1ABDB184AF7136/orig.jpg

giantcfr1 05-04-14 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaeger99 (Post 16726781)
Beautiful morning for a ride to the marina:

...

Lovely spot

Hauptmann6 05-05-14 04:06 PM

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...T/CAM00014.jpg

On the local bike trail.

DorkDisk 05-06-14 02:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Adding my flat bar road bike to this list
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378665http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378666http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378667

Its an 86 Shogun Kaze funny bike with 24" and 700c tubulars. Ive been riding this bike less and less as time went on because Im not as flexible as I was before.

The stem is a 72 degree Nitto Dynamic, with a generic carbon fiber flatbar and generic brake levers. I might swap the stem to a Nitto Dirtdrop when I get even older. Maybe riser bars too.

Gruppo is Shimano 600 with the Biopace rings swapped out for round 48/39. The shifters are new Sunrace 6sp to replace the dead 600 shifters. I debated putting on my Arabesque shifters but these click and aside from overall ugliness and lack of refinement - work better than the old 600s. Also considering adding XT thumbshifters, but digging the clean look ATM

The carbon bars turned this from my most uncomfortable bike into a very smooth riding bike. It also handles better due to the more rearward position.

This is a before pic. I could only ride it for 1 hour before my body started complaining. Now I can do three hours without issues. Note the negative rise stem, which is parallel to the top tube
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378668
This is next a modern hybrid.
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378669

Hauptmann6 05-06-14 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamaraEden (Post 16726176)
Nothing fancy about my 2009 Tred WSD 7000 but I am riding regularly again and thought I'd post. I'm terribly slow but can do a decent distance for a city bike that is far from light. I think my longest ride so far is 26 slow miles :) Really need to cover that brown seat! Why TREK throws brown seats on black bikes is beyond me :) Now about the pics, I need to practice my bike shooting better. Oh, and the Beverly Hills thing is ironic. We live a block from Beverly Hills and I can't stand being that close. I'm so not a BH person. So, while on a meandering ride I thought it would be "fun" to do the total tourist thing with my bike in front of the infamous sign. The honey bear came home with me on a Trader Joe's trip. I think it's cute, so I'm sharing :)

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378186

Your paniers are awesome. Did you make them yourself?

giantcfr1 05-06-14 05:48 PM

[QUOTlE=DorkDisk;16734329]Adding my flat bar road bike to this list
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378665http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378666http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=378667

Its an 86 Shogun Kaze funny bike...[/QUOTE]

Love the old Japanese TT bikes. It's not uncommon to see them around Kyoto. In fact you can still buy them. One shop I regular, has a beautiful Tange frame, purple-blue one with red lettering. It's a track bike but similar frame. BTW you may or may not know that Kaze means 'wind' in Japanese. BTW steel frames still are very popular here in Road, MTB and Hybrid forms.

giantcfr1 05-06-14 05:52 PM

[QUOTE=Hauptmann6;16731168...

On the local bike trail.[/QUOTE]

Lovely bike and setting.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:29 AM.