Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 23 of 229 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 5701
  1. #551
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    25,924
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wish I could have gone on this ride... I would have taken my modded out hybrid since I still don't have my green Miyata 1000 touring bicycle.

  2. #552
    I Love My Dream
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,003
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Specialized CrossRoads Trail LX

    Last edited by Saddle Up; 09-27-09 at 08:28 PM.
    It's none of my business what other people think of me.

  3. #553
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    CA central coast
    My Bikes
    Time Edge Pulse
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right Riverside, Trike, the wife is balance disabled, its actually a pretty cool machine.

  4. #554
    aka Phil Jungels Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    North Aurora, IL
    My Bikes
    Road & Hybrid
    Posts
    5,467
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Your right Riverside, Trike, the wife is balance disabled, its actually a pretty cool machine.
    And, quite unique - I'd love to see more pictures of it!

  5. #555
    Velocommuter Commando Sirrus Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    My Bikes
    '88 Specialized Sirrus, '89 Alpine Monitor Pass, two '70 Raligh Twenties, '07 Schwinn Town & Country Trike, '07 Specialized Sirrus Hybrid
    Posts
    2,541
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Yeah, I think this might count...Attachment 119836

    Attachment 119837
    Where did you get the trike kit from??
    Riding 19 Years of Specialized Sirrus Tradition.
    Live in Houston? Come to http://bicyclecommutehouston.blogspot.com/
    1988 Specialized Sirrus, 1989 Alpine Monitor Pass MTB, 2007 Specialized Sirrus 700C hybrid, 2007 Schwinn Town & Country trike, 1970 "Resto-Improved" Raleigh 20, 1970 "WIP" Raleigh 20, and 1980 "WIP" Schwinn Town & Country trike

  6. #556
    Senior Member sh00k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Times Square
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Up View Post
    Specialized CrossRoads Trail LX

    Saddle - awesome ride! If I can find a trek fx for cheap enough, I will convert it to a fixed gear too.
    2009 Trek FX 7.2 (Blue) -- SOLD!
    2010 Trek FX 7.7 (White) -- SOLD!
    2011 Trek FX 7.3 (White) -- Haven't sold it yet! haha

  7. #557
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    25,924
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sh00k View Post
    Saddle - awesome ride! If I can find a trek fx for cheap enough, I will convert it to a fixed gear too.
    That bike is an SS... converting a bike with vertical dropouts into a fixed gear is possible but it is an expensive proposition as you need an eccentric hub.

  8. #558
    hi YoKev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I have a couple:

    A 1993 Bridgestone XO-4. Too small for me, but it's pretty to look at


    A 2008 Kona Smoke 2-9 in a few pictures:




    Last edited by YoKev; 09-28-09 at 03:46 PM.

  9. #559
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    36
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just added the Trek 730(1993) to our stable yesterday. The 700 was bought new in 1990 and was just handed down to our ten year old daughter.....she loves it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #560
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My Bikes
    dawes, schwinn, kona
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my 2006 Kona Dew Deluxe...love it.



    Now back to lurking...Pete

  11. #561
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    My Bikes
    rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley
    Posts
    5,155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kevinsubaru, didn't you know flat bars are only suitable for short rides? Haha. Nice bikes.

  12. #562
    aka Phil Jungels Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    North Aurora, IL
    My Bikes
    Road & Hybrid
    Posts
    5,467
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dawes56 View Post
    Here's my 2006 Kona Dew Deluxe...love it.



    Now back to lurking...Pete
    Nice looking bike -----

  13. #563
    Great State of Varmint Panthers007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dante's Third Ring
    Posts
    7,481
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it is. The yellow water-bottle sets it off very nicely, too. Yellow & blue are very complimentary colors.
    How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

  14. #564
    hi YoKev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Kingston, NY
    Posts
    2,520
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qmsdc15 View Post
    kevinsubaru, didn't you know flat bars are only suitable for short rides? Haha. Nice bikes.
    As I found out on my 4 day tour last summer, yes, but they did the trick

    The top picture of the Kona has a On One Mary Bar installed, and it is MUCH better on my arms!

  15. #565
    Senior Member mikeybikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Edgewater, CO
    My Bikes
    Tons
    Posts
    2,887
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qmsdc15 View Post
    kevinsubaru, didn't you know flat bars are only suitable for short rides? Haha. Nice bikes.
    My Bikes: 2009 Breezer Uptown EX | 1980 Miyata Six Ten | 1970 Hercules Three-Two-Speed
    Wife's Bike: 2008 Globe City 7

  16. #566
    Senior Member AiredaleII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lakes Region of NH
    My Bikes
    2008 Specialized Hardrock Sport
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers007 View Post
    Yes it is. The yellow water-bottle sets it off very nicely, too. Yellow & blue are very complimentary colors.
    I love yellow and blue too. It was my high school's colors. This is my friend's bike. I love the colors. If it fit me I would buy it from him. Too small though.


  17. #567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    My Bikes
    rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley
    Posts
    5,155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinsubaru View Post
    As I found out on my 4 day tour last summer, yes, but they did the trick

    The top picture of the Kona has a On One Mary Bar installed, and it is MUCH better on my arms!
    I'm a bit of a stubborn cuss, Mike's rolleyes reply alludes to that, but I'm starting to think something like a On One Mary handlebar would be a user friendly component. A few weeks ago I changed my grips, and no longer have room on my bars for bar ends. It was killing me at first, but I'm getting used to it. I'm definitely feeling grips angled back would be nicer than straight bars without bar ends.

  18. #568
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    My Bikes
    rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley
    Posts
    5,155
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AiredaleII View Post
    I love yellow and blue too. It was my high school's colors. This is my friend's bike. I love the colors. If it fit me I would buy it from him. Too small though.

    That is one ugly bike.

  19. #569
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My Bikes
    dawes, schwinn, kona
    Posts
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qmsdc15 View Post
    I'm a bit of a stubborn cuss, Mike's rolleyes reply alludes to that, but I'm starting to think something like a On One Mary handlebar would be a user friendly component. A few weeks ago I changed my grips, and no longer have room on my bars for bar ends. It was killing me at first, but I'm getting used to it. I'm definitely feeling grips angled back would be nicer than straight bars without bar ends.
    That pic of my Kona doesn't show the bars very well...here is a front view...



    Velo Orange Milan bars, similar to Mary bars I think, just much cheaper lol. I have since added different grips (RAV-X ergonomic grips). For a brief time I also tried a Soma Sparrow bar, but it seemed too narrow. At any rate I no longer even think about making any changes to the bars and grips..it is very comfortable.

    Mary bars would be good too, especially if you want them in black. I taped mine up to hide the silver.

    Pete

  20. #570
    I Love My Dream
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,003
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qmsdc15 View Post
    That is one ugly bike.
    Does it say what model of Specialized bike it is anywhere on the bike?
    It's none of my business what other people think of me.

  21. #571
    Senior Member Loose Chain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    My Bikes
    84 Pinarello Trevisio, 86 Guerciotti SLX, 96 Specialized Stumpjumper, 2010 Surly Cross Check, 86 Centurion Ironman, 88 Centurion Prestige
    Posts
    1,177
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My "hybrid" or maybe not. It is a Stumpjumper with fenders and rack. I did not do anything to it that keeps it from going back to full MTB duty. I have two sets of wheels, these are Specialized Nimbus 1.5. The others are MTB treaded.


  22. #572
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice!

    You must have an awfully long extension cord to ride with that light.

  23. #573
    Senior Member sh00k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Times Square
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver View Post
    That bike is an SS... converting a bike with vertical dropouts into a fixed gear is possible but it is an expensive proposition as you need an eccentric hub.

    oops - i meant single speed - not fixed gear. is this also an expensive conversion? can i just remove the 9 or 10 speed cassette and replace it with a single cog?

    i appreciate the help. it'll be the future fad. instead of turning 70s/80s road bikes into fixies and single speeds, ppl are going to start doing it with hybrids! =P
    2009 Trek FX 7.2 (Blue) -- SOLD!
    2010 Trek FX 7.7 (White) -- SOLD!
    2011 Trek FX 7.3 (White) -- Haven't sold it yet! haha

  24. #574
    I Love My Dream
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,003
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sh00k View Post
    oops - i meant single speed - not fixed gear. is this also an expensive conversion? can i just remove the 9 or 10 speed cassette and replace it with a single cog?

    i appreciate the help. it'll be the future fad. instead of turning 70s/80s road bikes into fixies and single speeds, ppl are going to start doing it with hybrids! =P
    Really easy to convert. You need a cog and spacer kit and a chain tensioner. Done. My other hybrid is a 2 speed.
    It's none of my business what other people think of me.

  25. #575
    Senior Member Riverside_Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NYC-UWS
    My Bikes
    Trek 750
    Posts
    377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sh00k View Post
    oops - i meant single speed - not fixed gear.
    Hmmm, I thought a single speed was a fixed gear... what might the distinction be?
    1991 Trek 750 Multitrack Hybrid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •