Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/)
-   -   Post pictures of your Hybrid (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/573248-post-pictures-your-hybrid.html)

xoxoxoxoLive 02-03-11 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qmsdc15 (Post 12175709)
If you've seen his "other" bike, you know he is a roadie... ;)

Hope your arm is getting better. Best Regards, Richard

2005BadBoyUltra 02-03-11 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KtownScott (Post 12175631)
I love the bike..Blacked out is the way to go. What size tires are you running on that rig? I was going to go with a 700x25 on my hybrid but the guy at the LBS didn't recomend going smaller than 28.

Thanks, KtownScott...
I'm running Specialized Armadillo Elites 700x23 & LOVE them... literally go through PILES of glass without problem... as far as the 23 width: the Elites (lighter) only come in 700x23 (i think...) but have always served me well because 98% of my riding is pavement... if you wanted something a bit wider, but wanted the Armadillo security, I think they make a "Nimbus" (???) in 28... don't let the few extra grams fool you, these roll faster than any puncture-resistant tire I've ever tried... (at least with the Elites)...

Hope this helps! =)

oh &... I'm not trying to be a weight weenie... because believe me, if there's 10lbs to be lost, it's on ME, not the bike... but even I was surprised to weigh in at 30lbs without water... I ride with "B Groups" on a regular basis who consider 19lbs a heavy bike, but consistently hold my own with this bike... but I have to believe as I try to trim some of MY excess weight, shaving just a few of the Bad Boy's 30lbs couldn't hurt! ;)

Giantcfr1...
I'm running the 2005 Stock Cannondale Fire Brakelevers & SRAM X-7 Trigger Shift Levers... I'll see about a "stripped" weight next time I give her a good cleaning =)

meric1968 02-03-11 10:53 PM

My 06' 7500 with a few upgrades. Only thing that isn't shown in this photo is my dual sided / front & back LED light system. My first pedal bike in almost 30 years and lovin' every minute of it.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1148244_n.jpg

giantcfr1 02-04-11 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qmsdc15 (Post 12175709)
If you've seen his "other" bike, you know he is a roadie... ;)

Bugger. Freekin' photobucket has exposed me?
Don't tell anyone else, ok? I feel warm and fuzy on the hybrid threads.

giantcfr1 02-04-11 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2005BadBoyUltra (Post 12176761)
...I'm running the 2005 Stock Cannondale Fire Brakelevers & SRAM X-7 Trigger Shift Levers...

You are doing well with the levers. The pin holding one of my levers together fell apart a month ago. I was lucky, in that, I heard a rattle sound and stopped before it actually fell out.
How do you get the sram shifter to work with the rear ultegra deraileur? The actuation ratio is diff. Shimano 2:1, Sram 1:1 I wanted to use my Sram shifter for my ultegra but had to change to Shimano.

xoxoxoxoLive 02-04-11 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meric1968 (Post 12176894)
My 06' 7500 with a few upgrades. Only thing that isn't shown in this photo is my dual sided / front & back LED light system. My first pedal bike in almost 30 years and lovin' every minute of it.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1148244_n.jpg



Nice Bike...Richard

xoxoxoxoLive 02-04-11 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by giantcfr1 (Post 12177304)
Bugger. Freekin' photobucket has exposed me?
Don't tell anyone else, ok? I feel warm and fuzy on the hybrid threads.

qmsdc15 does not miss much ! ( Laugh ) ! I enjoy all your post, and you are most welcome here ! Richard

xoxoxoxoLive 02-04-11 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive (Post 12177398)
qmsdc15 does not miss much ! ( Laugh ) ! I enjoy all your post, and you are most welcome here ! Richard

And to top it off, I think that there are only a few of us, really riding our bikes through the winter ! ( Laugh )

giantcfr1 02-04-11 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive (Post 12177398)
qmsdc15 does not miss much ! ( Laugh ) ! I enjoy all your post, and you are most welcome here ! Richard

Daijobu (Japanese for it's ok) everyone is welcome to visit my photobuckets. I have two (BUT don't tell photobucket) although they are messy.
http://s49.photobucket.com/home/orbeamitis2
http://s6.photobucket.com/home/giantcfr1

qmsdc15 02-04-11 08:47 AM

I saw a picture of your road bike in a thread about saddles, not Photobucket, but I'm watching a slideshow of your pictures now. Very nice photos! :thumb:

Two questions:
1) Are you a professional photographer? (The photo of you on the bike captioned "me at work" makes me wonder...)

2) How did you empty the orange peel that's filled with jelly?

qmsdc15 02-04-11 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive (Post 12177402)
And to top it off, I think that there are only a few of us, really riding our bikes through the winter ! ( Laugh )

Not me. The first doctor I saw gave me the green light to ride one handed, but the one who ended up doing the surgery said no way. I've run a few short errands but mostly sitting at home going crazy and going broke. First ride with a trailer (to the laundromat) yesterday. The small single wheeled B.O.B. trailer, not the big rig. Old pictures:

Marin Mill Valley (original frame) with B.O.B. trailer
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/IMG_3488.jpg

Bikes at Work trailer behind my Marin Bobcat Trail
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/DSC06705.jpg

Recent picture of my wannabe hybrid (Bobcat Trail MTB)
http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/DSC08465.jpg

AdelaaR 02-04-11 01:07 PM

That trailer is awesome, qmsdc :)

qmsdc15 02-04-11 02:24 PM

Yes it is. It's a medium (64 inch bed). The large is 96 inches. See the large model (old style) hauling a refrigerator here.
http://www.bikesatwork.com/hauling-cargo-by-bike/

See a train of three hauling 1000lbs here.
http://www.bikesatwork.com/hauling-c...-capacity.html

From Bikes at Work website: "Theoretically, a human being can haul a load of almost unlimited size given unlimited time and unlimited equipment. Practically, however, equipment, geography, and time puts limits upon what is physically possible."

renegaderider 02-04-11 08:20 PM

pretty sure you're not supposed to do that to a refrigerator....

xoxoxoxoLive 02-04-11 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegaderider (Post 12180836)
pretty sure you're not supposed to do that to a refrigerator....

qsmdc15 Awesome website, I added it to my favorites list. You can move a refrigerator on it's side, ( this is just
for your information ) in the case you were not joking. The #1 problem with a fridge on it's side is the oil comes out of the compressor and runs up the cooling lines. If at all possible lay the fridge down on the opposite side of where these tubes come out of the compressor. Oil can run up the return line and discharge line, oil in the process tube will not hurt the fridge or operation, but be sure to let it stand
for at least 24 hours before turning back on, so the oil has time to drain back down. Richard

giantcfr1 02-05-11 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qmsdc15 (Post 12177907)
I saw a picture of your road bike in a thread about saddles, not Photobucket, but I'm watching a slideshow of your pictures now. Very nice photos! :thumb:

Two questions:
1) Are you a professional photographer? (The photo of you on the bike captioned "me at work" makes me wonder...)

2) How did you empty the orange peel that's filled with jelly?

Thankyou for your kind comments about my pics. I love taking pics around Kyoto and it makes me happy that I can show this wonderful city off to others.

1) No not at all. Everyone of those photos are taken by my 5 year old mobile phone. casio w41ca http://k-tai.impress.co.jp/cda/artic...top/27729.html Sadly I don't own a real camera.

2) Ahhhhh, you did have a good look. lol

qmsdc15 02-05-11 10:58 AM

Wow, it's hard to believe you took those pictures with a cell phone camera! I don't think I could get those close up pictures of flowers as sharp with my $300 point and shot.

I carried a (mini) fridge once to The State Department building. I may be the only human powered delivery person to use the loading dock there. Generally contact persons must come outside the building to give or receive deiiveries from messengers.

These boxes picked up from State, for example, were carried out of the building by State Department employees through a side entrance. The boxes were already kinda beat up looking when I picked them up, I didn't do that. (Well maybe I crunched them a little more than they already were. :p) About 350lbs, the largest load by volume I've hauled, but not the heaviest. Old photo.

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...L-IMG_1658.jpg

killerRabbit 02-05-11 12:37 PM

This is my first bike ever, and so far I'm hooked :). It's stock except for Look Easy pedals, and a PB Superflash. This picture is in front of the Homestead Miami Speedway.
I'm always eager to learn, so any tips are welcome :D

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/...i/IMAG0016.jpg

Doohickie 02-05-11 12:44 PM

I will have some new pics soon. Converting my flat bar with twist grip shifters to drop bar with Tektro aero brake levers and Suntour barcon shifters. Stay tuned.

qmsdc15 02-05-11 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killerRabbit (Post 12182933)
This is my first bike ever, and so far I'm hooked :). It's stock except for Look Easy pedals, and a PB Superflash. This picture is in front of the Homestead Miami Speedway.
I'm always eager to learn, so any tips are welcome :D

http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/...i/IMAG0016.jpg

Your quick releases are in the open position. Dangerous!

qmsdc15 02-05-11 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doohickie (Post 12182949)
I will have some new pics soon. Converting my flat bar with twist grip shifters to drop bar with Tektro aero brake levers and Suntour barcon shifters. Stay tuned.

Et tu, Brute? :(

Doohickie 02-05-11 01:43 PM

I've been thinking about it for a while and got a great deal on some barcons at a recent swap meet. If I decide it isn't quite what I'm looking for on the hybrid, I may move the setup over to my '83 Raleigh Super Course.

Don't worry, it'll always be a hybrid. Its tires are too wide (35 mm) to be considered a roadie. Also, this shifting setup will give me a shot at putting on a 9-speed cassette (which I happen to have) on the commuter without a major investment. If any bike style should be a frankenbike/test-bed, a hybrid is the best choice, don't you agree?

qmsdc15 02-05-11 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doohickie (Post 12183183)
I've been thinking about it for a while and got a great deal on some barcons at a recent swap meet. If I decide it isn't quite what I'm looking for on the hybrid, I may move the setup over to my '83 Raleigh Super Course.

Don't worry, it'll always be a hybrid. Its tires are too wide (35 mm) to be considered a roadie. Also, this shifting setup will give me a shot at putting on a 9-speed cassette (which I happen to have) on the commuter without a major investment. If any bike style should be a frankenbike/test-bed, a hybrid is the best choice, don't you agree?

Sure. The first time I bought a bike with flat bars (1985 Ross Mt. Hood MTB), I had the shop swap out the bars/stem/levers for drops/goose neck/barcon,aero before it rolled out the door. Since then I've become a big fan of flat bars and haven't used drops for over twenty years but lately I've been yearning for a road bike (or a drop bar hybrid, like the sadly discontinued Kona Dew Drop)...

Doohickie 02-05-11 01:57 PM

I haven't really been happy with the straight bar on the hybrid. I put an Origin8 Space Bar on it for a while, that didn't really do it either. I tried extensions, still not what I wanted. Just another data point.

The funny thing is my single speed has flat bars and it feels just right.

Doohickie 02-05-11 11:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The conversion is done except for cosmetics- trimming cables, handlebar tape, etc. Here's a teaser showing the new handlebar setup- Tektro brake levers and Suntour barcon shifters.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=188881


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:36 AM.