Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 53 of 111 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2765
  1. #1301
    ^ JBC. jbchybridrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    adelaide, australia
    Posts
    1,995
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    If your mocking me that's all good. Just that I took around 350 at Christmas, and sitting and going through them took forever.
    Sorry it may have bothered you enough you had to comment. Richard
    No mocking, where just lucky to capture so much of our lives in picture's.
    2010 Custom Carbon JBC, 1990 Ricardo Pinnacle, 1988 Ricardo Elite, 1983 Ricardo Varsity, 1990 Peugeot Hurricane, 1977 Dawes Galaxy GT, 2007 Pinarello F3-13, Custom aussie made 1980 Columbus SL racer, 1975 Calton Rapide, 1995 Olympia Fusari, 1993 Basso Viper.

  2. #1302
    Ha ha ha ha ha giantcfr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kyoto;JAPAN
    My Bikes
    2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er
    Posts
    4,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bjjoondo View Post
    Rode the Coda Sport 7.5 miles to the LBS to put it in for a "tune up", then rode the 2011 Jamis Allegro 1 (leftover), I'd purchased 7.5 miles back home! There was snow coming down the foothills so headed home.
    So now you have to ride back to pick up the Coda Sport from the shop with the Jamis Allegro. We need pictures of that.

  3. #1303
    Ha ha ha ha ha giantcfr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kyoto;JAPAN
    My Bikes
    2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er
    Posts
    4,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeNotTunnel View Post
    i rode 13.5 miles to Corona Park and back with my girlfriend....
    As usual, great pics.

  4. #1304
    TortoiseNotHare BridgeNotTunnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Giant Escape 2 Hybrid
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    I really like those style bikes, still can't believe you took 1900 photos ! WOW
    Thanks but keep in mind, it's a helmet mounted GoPro set to shoot a picture every two seconds so volume of pictures is the easy part.

  5. #1305
    TortoiseNotHare BridgeNotTunnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Giant Escape 2 Hybrid
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post
    As usual, great pics.
    Domo arigato

    From yesterdays ride BACK to Corona Park.

    I did some further exploration in the park and I discovered this man made pond where one can watch the airplanes that circle Laguardia as you ride around.

    I'm slowly poking around the area searching out a "nice" way to get to the Kissena park Velodrome without going through the College Point area or having to ride on Roosevelt Ave.

    Some pics from the 16.5 mile ride.



















    Last edited by BridgeNotTunnel; 02-08-12 at 08:38 AM.

  6. #1306
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeNotTunnel View Post
    Thanks but keep in mind, it's a helmet mounted GoPro set to shoot a picture every two seconds so volume of pictures is the easy part.


    I had know idea what a GoPro was, (Laugh) since all I use is a Nikon COOLPIX L120 or my cell phone. That would have been almost impossible to do on a single ride. I have been seeing helmet cameras all over bike shops lately, but been so focused on finding me a Road Performance type Hybrid that I like, have not even looked at them nor asked the price. Was going to get a FUJI 2011 Absolute 3.0 today at Performance Bikes, till I came across that Diamondback Insight 1 last night at Dick's, and just could not pass up that clearance price, plus it seems to ride better. (to me) And the components are at least equal or better, especially the rims and tires, except the FUJI had 24 speeds. (at 399.00 verse 249.00) and they both offer a free tune after 30 days. The 19" fits a little better than the 21" also, both each company's Large. Didn't mean to drift off in a bike review, keep the pictures coming. Richard

  7. #1307
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbchybridrider View Post
    No mocking, where just lucky to capture so much of our lives in picture's.

    Good, I my have just read it wrong. Been on mission impossible here for the last couple months. Trying to find a light weight, fast (Performance Hybrid) guess that is the correct term. But did not want to spend any money, (Laugh) on something that I may not like in the near future, since I have always loved the trails etc..last night finally came to a happy agreement with myself on one that I'm stuck with. Bought New (no returns) so to speak. Have always enjoyed your post, and did not want to offend anyone. Richard

  8. #1308
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bike Extras 007.jpg

    Went on to different rides today, this one really short bike path, and one 10 mile night time rural road ride.

  9. #1309
    I let the dogs out AlphaDogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    My Bikes
    2011 Fuji Roubaix 1.0, 2003 Ti Merlin Solis, & 1994 Raleigh MT200
    Posts
    1,934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That DiamondBack is a keeper! She's a real beauty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart View Post
    Weird spell/word check. "***" is "***". I'll never understand this computer. Andy.

  10. #1310
    Ha ha ha ha ha giantcfr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kyoto;JAPAN
    My Bikes
    2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er
    Posts
    4,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgeNotTunnel View Post
    ...I'm slowly poking around the area searching out a "nice" way to get to the Kissena park Velodrome without going through the College Point area or having to ride on Roosevelt Ave....
    ...
    That's got to be one of the world's smallest velodromes lol.

    You'd be surprised to see our Keirin Tracks here, although unfortunately one closed near us last year. It has a lot to do with the UCI vs Japan Keirin Assoc (political)
    New UCI endorced velodromes are now being built. We still have one left in our city. I'll post some pics when I find them on my old photobucket account.

    edit...

    Here you go. This track closed though sadly.







    Last edited by giantcfr1; 02-11-12 at 08:41 AM.

  11. #1311
    Old, SLOW bike rider! ;)
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO.
    My Bikes
    1993 Mongoose Switchback MTB
    Posts
    1,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post
    So now you have to ride back to pick up the Coda Sport from the shop with the Jamis Allegro. We need pictures of that.
    LOL, still haven't figured out how to use my homemade utility trailer to as a "bike pick up system" yet. So I had to take the "city bus" to the LBS to pick up the Coda Sport and ride it home, before the SNOW settled in!
    Take care, RIDE SAFE, have FUN!
    B.J. Ondo
    1993 Mongoose Switchback MTB, converted to a "comfort bike"! :)

  12. #1312
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode the Greenway trail this morning and starting out it was right around 38* with about a 10-15 mph wind but it was sunny and nice although the wind made it tough going against it at times.

    The deer were out and if you look close you can see a couple of does that were checking out my Diamondback Insight 2

    A bit cold this morning, but I did get in a 22 mile ride on the trails.
    Last edited by Jimbo47; 02-11-12 at 01:13 PM.

  13. #1313
    Buffalo mac4095's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Alamo
    Posts
    2,241
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


    Pet store for some stuff for the dog.



    And a stop at a small park/community garden for a seat adjustment.
    Last edited by mac4095; 02-11-12 at 03:57 PM.

  14. #1314
    TortoiseNotHare BridgeNotTunnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Giant Escape 2 Hybrid
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post
    That's got to be one of the world's smallest velodromes lol.

    You'd be surprised to see our Keirin Tracks here, although unfortunately one closed near us last year. It has a lot to do with the UCI vs Japan Keirin Assoc (political)
    New UCI endorced velodromes are now being built. We still have one left in our city. I'll post some pics when I find them on my old photobucket account.

    edit...

    Here you go. This track closed though sadly.







    Lol at smallest Velo comment.

    Really cool pics.

    Thanks.

    I will get there (Kissena Park Velodrome) soon.

    I just hope they dont turn me away because I do not have drop bars.

  15. #1315
    ^ JBC. jbchybridrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    adelaide, australia
    Posts
    1,995
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post


    "Ahh" Such lushness
    2010 Custom Carbon JBC, 1990 Ricardo Pinnacle, 1988 Ricardo Elite, 1983 Ricardo Varsity, 1990 Peugeot Hurricane, 1977 Dawes Galaxy GT, 2007 Pinarello F3-13, Custom aussie made 1980 Columbus SL racer, 1975 Calton Rapide, 1995 Olympia Fusari, 1993 Basso Viper.

  16. #1316
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo47 View Post
    I rode the Greenway trail this morning and starting out it was right around 38* with about a 10-15 mph wind but it was sunny and nice although the wind made it tough going against it at times.

    The deer were out and if you look close you can see a couple of does that were checking out my Diamondback Insight 2

    A bit cold this morning, but I did get in a 22 mile ride on the trails.
    Yea ! I see the Deer, lots of them around here also. What an AWESOME bike you have there, and I mean it. Wished that I had gone with the Insight 2 myself. But you did just answer one of my questions about the Insight, can you still go off on light trails ? Seems like with those 700 x 32c Kendra Kwick Tracs on mine it would be perfect for light trails, just worried about the forks though. Looks like you have no trouble at all. Richard

  17. #1317
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDogg View Post
    That DiamondBack is a keeper! She's a real beauty!
    Thank You, I really am enjoying it. Richard

  18. #1318
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    Yea ! I see the Deer, lots of them around here also. What an AWESOME bike you have there, and I mean it. Wished that I had gone with the Insight 2 myself. But you did just answer one of my questions about the Insight, can you still go off on light trails ? Seems like with those 700 x 32c Kendra Kwick Tracs on mine it would be perfect for light trails, just worried about the forks though. Looks like you have no trouble at all. Richard
    Jimbo47 What kind of surface does the Greenway Trail Have ?

  19. #1319
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mac4095 View Post


    Pet store for some stuff for the dog.



    And a stop at a small park/community garden for a seat adjustment.
    How did it do first real ride out today ? Looks Nice. Richard

  20. #1320
    Buffalo mac4095's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Alamo
    Posts
    2,241
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    How did it do first real ride out today ? Looks Nice. Richard
    I was very pleased and happy with it, a nice upgrade from the trailway also in pictures that my son now rides. We did 9 miles today.

  21. #1321
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ride on pavement most of the time, and this park has miles of hardpacked single track and it's a popular mountain bike park, so it gets a lot of traffic from the true mountain bike crowd, and the trails are smoother than pavement in some areas, and those are the areas I tend to ride, and then head on back to paved trails to complete my route.

    The Greeway is paved and runs for miles through the major creek drainages throughout the city, and about three quarters of a mile long is a wooden boardwalk over a swampy wetlands area that is pretty cool, but paved is where it's at for a hybrid.


    I wouldn't get too agressive off road with it though, or you might have to deal with some pinch flats or wheels getting out of true.

    The gearing and the 700 X 32's can handle some hills and some bumps if you watch your line, but it's better to save the tough trails for the real mountain bikes.

    I've got 222 miles on this bike as of today and it's just now broken in. I went over it the other day and tuned it up and she sure rides good, and shifts smooth.

    It's a great bike for the money!
    Last edited by Jimbo47; 02-11-12 at 09:11 PM.

  22. #1322
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took mine out for a freezing A$$ Road Ride, with a video shoot. (LOL)


    Listen to those numbers from the camera crew ! (My 11 year old daughter) she is the best .. Richard

  23. #1323
    Buffalo mac4095's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Alamo
    Posts
    2,241
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    Took mine out for a freezing A$$ Road Ride, with a video shoot. (LOL)


    Listen to those numbers from the camera crew ! (My 11 year old daughter) she is the best .. Richard
    That just looks cold. It's going to be in the low 40's tomorrow here and I can guaranty that I will not be out riding.

  24. #1324
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo47 View Post
    I ride on pavement most of the time, and this park has miles of hardpacked single track and it's a popular mountain bike park, so it gets a lot of traffic from the true mountain bike crowd, and the trails are smoother than pavement in some areas, and those are the areas I tend to ride, and then head on back to paved trails to complete my route.

    The Greeway is paved and runs for miles through the major creek drainages throughout the city, and about three quarters of a mile long is a wooden boardwalk over a swampy wetlands area that is pretty cool, but paved is where it's at for a hybrid.


    I wouldn't get too agressive off road with it though, or you might have to deal with some pinch flats or wheels getting out of true.

    The gearing and the 700 X 32's can handle some hills and some bumps if you watch your line, but it's better to save the tough trails for the real mountain bikes.

    I've got 222 miles on this bike as of today and it's just now broken in. I went over it the other day and tuned it up and she sure rides good, and shifts smooth.

    It's a great bike for the money!
    That looks like an awesome place to ride ! And I know you must be happy with that Insight 2, you know I have the Insight 1. But did ride the 2, after I had already got the other, should have waited. Oh Well, Richard

  25. #1325
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I hear ya Mac! Us south Texans is wimps!

    Richard, I would have bought the Insight 1 if our Dicks Sporting Goods would have had one, and I had cash in hand, but they were sold out.

    I then ordered mine on line and rolled the dice, but I got lucky! I still think yours was a heck of a deal regardless of the slight difference.
    Last edited by Jimbo47; 02-11-12 at 09:42 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •