Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2452
  1. #1351
    Ha ha ha ha ha giantcfr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kyoto;JAPAN
    My Bikes
    2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin 29er
    Posts
    4,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zerogravity View Post
    giantcfr1-someday i will ride in Japan and go to the places you post..those temples are amazing!...
    We have one or two temples and shrines here in Kyoto. lol
    Cycling around Kyoto is very popular with tourists because of the flat city area. We are surrounded in mountains too. It's a joy to go sightseeing.

  2. #1352
    Trek DS 8.4 Rider! zerogravity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    My Bikes
    1991 Gt Avalanche, 2012 DS 8.4
    Posts
    478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post
    We have one or two temples and shrines here in Kyoto. lol
    Cycling around Kyoto is very popular with tourists because of the flat city area. We are surrounded in mountains too. It's a joy to go sightseeing.
    Someday...i WILL go there! I have flown to the Philippines and only stopped over in Japan..now i have a plan! =)
    ''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison

  3. #1353
    TortoiseNotHare BridgeNotTunnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Giant Escape 2 Hybrid
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12+ cold and wet miles today. Worse weather on the way....

    Squirrels kept running out in front of me as I rode the park.

    One of 7 vids shot with the GoPro.

    Filming/pacing a cyclist as he rides the river side road and I ride the interior of the park.


  4. #1354
    Buffalo mac4095's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Alamo
    Posts
    2,242
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    12 mile round trip to Brackenridge Park today. Would of taken more pictures of the Domicio Rodriguez "el trabajo rustico" sculpture if I would of known what it was. Didn't know until returning and looking it up on the web.


    Alamo Portland and Roman cement company (1880).


    Alamo Portland and Roman cement company back side.


    Inside the Japanese Tea Gardens, quick picture and we were out not sure if we were allowed to be in there with the bikes.


    "El trabajo rustico" park bridge.

    A nice day for a ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    Being called an "idiot" here is a rite of passage. You just earned it with this post.....Well done!

  5. #1355
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pictures Mac4095!

    It turned out really nice today after all that wind yesterday, but there was a little chill to the air while you were riding, but not bad once you warmed up.

    I've been by the Tea gardens many times but never stopped.

    Brackenridge park is one of my favorite rides, usually on Sunday mornings I park over at the Pearl, and swing down along the river walk and ride through some of downtown along St. Mary's and then back up to Pearl and take the river trail under I37 and along the side of the golf course and ride around Brackenridge park and the Zoo.

    Next Sunday they are having the second Siclovia on the 4th of March.

    I went to the one they had last year only because that was my normal Sunday ride like I posted above and I noticed all the cops and barrackades blocking traffic off of Broadway, and then found out what it was all about.

    It's where they close off several blocks of Broadway from the Witte Museum all the way to downtown and they have several stages along the way where they have music and some bands and various booths set up and some bike shops display along the route.

    People bring their volley balls, footballs, and bikes, skateboards, roller blades, skates and running/walking shoes and everyone just gets out and plays from around 10 a.m. until about 4 p.m.

    You just cruise and watch the people, listen to the music, and just have fun.

    I'll be there!

    http://siclovia.org/what-is-siclovia.html
    Last edited by Jimbo47; 02-25-12 at 07:22 PM.

  6. #1356
    Buffalo mac4095's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Alamo
    Posts
    2,242
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo47 View Post
    Nice pictures Mac4095!

    It turned out really nice today after all that wind yesterday, but there was a little chill to the air while you were riding, but not bad once you warmed up.

    I've been by the Tea gardens many times but never stopped.

    Brackenridge park is one of my favorite rides, usually on Sunday mornings I park over at the Pearl, and swing down along the river walk and ride through some of downtown along St. Mary's and then back up to Pearl and take the river trail under I37 and along the side of the golf course and ride around Brackenridge park and the Zoo.

    Next Sunday they are having the second Siclovia on the 4th of March.

    I went to the one they had last year only because that was my normal Sunday ride like I posted above and I noticed all the cops and barrackades blocking traffic off of Broadway, and then found out what it was all about.

    It's where they close off several blocks of Broadway from the Witte Museum all the way to downtown and they have several stages along the way where they have music and some bands and various booths set up and some bike shops display along the route.

    People bring their volley balls, footballs, and bikes, skateboards, roller blades, skates and running/walking shoes and everyone just gets out and plays from around 10 a.m. until about 4 p.m.

    You just cruise and watch the people, listen to the music, and just have fun.

    I'll be there!

    http://siclovia.org/what-is-siclovia.html

    Thanks for the info! Strange I've not heard anything in local media about this event. Going to make plans to check it out, maybe we will see you down there.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    Being called an "idiot" here is a rite of passage. You just earned it with this post.....Well done!

  7. #1357
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link I found when I typed in a search for 2012 Siclovia San Antonio.

    http://siclovia.org/component/conten...ch-4-2012.html

    It's scheduled for March 4th like I had said, but you are right about it not being advertised which is strange.

    Last year was pretty much the same as I was doing my normal Sunday Brackenridge ride and I noticed all the law enforcement and people showing up and I just joined in. LOL!

    When I went home I looked up Siclovia to see what it was all about!

    It was a little strange, but fun, so at least this year I know what it's all about!
    Last edited by Jimbo47; 02-26-12 at 07:05 AM.

  8. #1358
    I let the dogs out AlphaDogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,889
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a video from yesterday's ride that I finally got around to editing.

    http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/x...6at14619PM.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdavid View Post
    intellect? we don't need so stinking intellect. this is the 41.
    Quote Originally Posted by eric01 View Post
    And this is why I don't ride aluminum frames... they will explode if I look at it wrong.

  9. #1359
    Ha ha ha ha ha giantcfr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kyoto;JAPAN
    My Bikes
    2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin 29er
    Posts
    4,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mac4095 View Post
    12 mile round trip to Brackenridge Park today. Would of taken more pictures of the Domicio Rodriguez "el trabajo rustico" sculpture if I would of known what it was. Didn't know until returning and looking it up on the web...A nice day for a ride.
    Indead it was a nice day for a ride. Beautiful pictures. You've inspired me to take some more around here...Maybe today but the forcast is for snow so I'll see.

  10. #1360
    Ha ha ha ha ha giantcfr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kyoto;JAPAN
    My Bikes
    2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin 29er
    Posts
    4,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post
    Indead it was a nice day for a ride. Beautiful pictures. You've inspired me to take some more around here...Maybe today but the forcast is for snow so I'll see.
    edit: I'd like to see more of the tea gardens. Why are they called tea gardens by the way, can you buy tea there and sit and relax? There is a tea garden near my house but I only have these two pics from there..





    These are from the Temple next door. Note the blood stained roof. It used to be a floor and the blood left over from a Samurai fight. A few temples around here have these floors often with foot prints and sometimes the prints of parts of the Samurai's faces. Very interesting to see.







    Last edited by giantcfr1; 02-26-12 at 07:50 PM.

  11. #1361
    TortoiseNotHare BridgeNotTunnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Giant Escape 2 Hybrid
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15.6 miles close to home.

    42 degrees, 15mph winds.

    Uploaded 8 videos to youtube.

    Some highlights. 2 skateboard tricks, and really nice couple of laps on the riverbank at sunset.







    Tomorrow should be in the high 50's!

    I've been waiting for a good day to head back to Central Park when I can take full advantage.

  12. #1362
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post
    edit: I'd like to see more of the tea gardens. Why are they called tea gardens by the way, can you buy tea there and sit and relax? There is a tea garden near my house but I only have these two pics from there..





    These are from the Temple next door. Note the blood stained roof. It used to be a floor and the blood left over from a Samurai fight. A few temples around here have these floors often with foot prints and sometimes the prints of parts of the Samurai's faces. Very interesting to see.







    Those pictures are much more beautiful than our tea gardens, and here is a link that kind of gives the history of the one here in San Antonio.

    http://www.sanantonio.gov/parksandre..._japanese.aspx

  13. #1363
    TortoiseNotHare BridgeNotTunnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Giant Escape 2 Hybrid
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Activity: Cycling

    Date: 27/02/2012 10:57

    Distance: 40.05 mi

    TotalTime: 03:11:50

    Average Speed: 12.53 mph

    Calories: 2978 kcal

    Start time: 10:57:55

    End time: 14:44:38

    Best(5000 yd): 16.83 mph

    Max Speed: 25.00 mph

    Max Pace: 02:24 min/mi

    Average Pace: 04:47 min/mi

    Total climb: 2582 ft

    Total descend: 2513 ft

    Location: New York City

    Considering my weight, bike, gear, and assorted variables; I am quite pleased with the above stats.

    This was a trip from my apartment in northern Astoria to Central Park for laps, and back home again. The skinny road bike riding guys always make me feel like a mule amongst gazelles, but there ain't no stoppin' this clyde.

    I guess this is my first training ride for the 5 boro....

    I kept approx 35mins of video, uploading 25mins worth to youtube as I type this.

    I will edit later to embed some of them.

    Last edited by BridgeNotTunnel; 02-27-12 at 05:08 PM.

  14. #1364
    Senior Member bikecrate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    LF, APMAT
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nature Coast Trail FL. I saw many deer that day:


    Action shot:


    Old rail bridge, with my Trek 7500FX, over the Suwannee River:

  15. #1365
    TortoiseNotHare BridgeNotTunnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Giant Escape 2 Hybrid
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool pics.

    that looks like a really nice ride.

  16. #1366
    Buffalo mac4095's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Alamo
    Posts
    2,242
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post
    edit: I'd like to see more of the tea gardens. Why are they called tea gardens by the way, can you buy tea there and sit and relax? There is a tea garden near my house but I only have these two pics from there..





    These are from the Temple next door. Note the blood stained roof. It used to be a floor and the blood left over from a Samurai fight. A few temples around here have these floors often with foot prints and sometimes the prints of parts of the Samurai's faces. Very interesting to see.







    As jimbo said your tea gardens area much nicer than what we have here. Thanks for posting the link to the info jimbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    Being called an "idiot" here is a rite of passage. You just earned it with this post.....Well done!

  17. #1367
    Bike rider alexaschwanden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Palo Alto
    My Bikes
    2013 Felt 960, 2013 Raleigh Revenio 2.0
    Posts
    2,060
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pictures.
    2013 Felt 960 29er MTB. 1,090.4 miles
    2013 Raleigh Revenio 2.0. 178.5 miles

  18. #1368
    TortoiseNotHare BridgeNotTunnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Giant Escape 2 Hybrid
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    17 cold and wet miles.

    Police EVERYWHERE. On foot, in the air, on the water. EVERYWHERE.

    Apparently our commander-in-chief was visiting our fair city. I felt like I had Executive protection on my bike route.

    Construction on the East River Esplanade is now complete to 59th street!






  19. #1369
    Buffalo mac4095's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Alamo
    Posts
    2,242
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice videos BNT.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    Being called an "idiot" here is a rite of passage. You just earned it with this post.....Well done!

  20. #1370
    Ha ha ha ha ha giantcfr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kyoto;JAPAN
    My Bikes
    2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin 29er
    Posts
    4,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo47 View Post
    Those pictures are much more beautiful than our tea gardens, and here is a link that kind of gives the history of the one here in San Antonio...
    Quote Originally Posted by mac4095 View Post
    As jimbo said your tea gardens area much nicer than what we have here. Thanks for posting the link to the info jimbo.
    I'm pretty lucky to see these places around here. Kyoto has many hidden gardens and I love to discover them when I'm out and about.

    Thankyou jimbo for the link, very nice place and interesting story about how the garden came about.

  21. #1371
    TortoiseNotHare BridgeNotTunnel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    My Bikes
    Giant Escape 2 Hybrid
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mac4095 View Post
    Nice videos BNT.
    thanks, mac

    Still cool today(mid to high 30's), and overcast. Triboro bridge, 125th street bridge, East River Esplanade to 89th street, and cut across town to Central Park. I used the 59th street bridge for my return trip, exiting the park near Columbus Circle.








  22. #1372
    Buffalo mac4095's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Alamo
    Posts
    2,242
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Took a 11 mile ride with my son today through Brackenridge Park, under 281 by the flood bypass tunnel, through the Pearl Brewery and San Pedro Park.













    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    Being called an "idiot" here is a rite of passage. You just earned it with this post.....Well done!

  23. #1373
    Buffalo mac4095's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Alamo
    Posts
    2,242
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some more...





    Was a little windy but a nice day for a ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH... View Post
    Being called an "idiot" here is a rite of passage. You just earned it with this post.....Well done!

  24. #1374
    Senior Member ottawa_adam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    My Bikes
    kona dew hybrid, MEC shadowlands
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a beautiful day for a ride, Mac!

  25. #1375
    Trek DS 8.4 Rider! zerogravity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    My Bikes
    1991 Gt Avalanche, 2012 DS 8.4
    Posts
    478
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to Turnbul today. Had 17 riders join me...lots of fun!


    ''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison

Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •