Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Baker, LA
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    TinyCycler got 2010 Trek 7000

    TinyCycler did get to exchange the 2009 Trek 7000 for the 2010 7000 WSD. Yippee!

    The LBS manager did agree after I pointed it out that just the tires needed a little cleaning (My aunt, to my horror, had ridden it in the grass when I got home) but the bike was in new condition. It should be; it sat in my garage for a week. He didn't even charge me the $10 markup of the 2010 although I pointed it out. Very nice guy, very easy going. He told me he was making an exception because most bikes weren't in good enough condition but mine was fine. I think he remembered I'd asked about the 2010 because he brought up that he didn't realize they 'geometry' would change because he skipped the trade show a few ago. And no, I didn't bring it up! After all, I could have just asked him them to look on the dealer site to be sure.


    He did tell me about a woman who brought back a mountain bike that was scratched, dirty, and banged up so much the brake lever was pushed past the grip! He finally asked her if she would buy it as new, and she admitted she wouldn't. I would have bought mine except for the grassy tires.

    They'll be getting my business when I buy my new mountain bike next spring. I already picked out the bike today.

    And by the way, I saw on the Trek website an application for a Trek credit card. I got approved so I'll use it when I get my mountain bike.
    Last edited by TinyCycler; 09-02-09 at 04:20 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Nice to hear that everything worked out fine.

    Pictures?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Baker, LA
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCoastPeddler View Post


    Nice to hear that everything worked out fine.

    Pictures?
    Thank you. The bike won't be in for a week. Here's the website's picture:

    http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...ybrid/7000wsd/
    Last edited by TinyCycler; 09-02-09 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Link added.

  4. #4
    Great State of Varmint Panthers007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,368
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good news! I'd be sure to give that shop my business after this.

    Ride On!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cateye View Post
    Only panthers007 is stupid enough to believe that this is a good idea.

  5. #5
    Retro Prairie Girl terraskye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    My Bikes
    78 Raleigh DL-1,Pashley Princess Sovereign,Specialized Globe City 7.1
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyCycler View Post
    TinyCycler did get to exchange the 2009 Trek 7000 for the 2010 7000 WSD. Yippee!

    The LBS manager did agree after I pointed it out that just the tires needed a little cleaning (My aunt, to my horror, had ridden it in the grass when I got home) but the bike was in new condition. It should be; it sat in my garage for a week. He didn't even charge me the $10 markup of the 2010 although I pointed it out. Very nice guy, very easy going. He told me he was making an exception because most bikes weren't in good enough condition but mine was fine. I think he remembered I'd asked about the 2010 because he brought up that he didn't realize they 'geometry' would change because he skipped the trade show a few ago. And no, I didn't bring it up! After all, I could have just asked him them to look on the dealer site to be sure.


    He did tell me about a woman who brought back a mountain bike that was scratched, dirty, and banged up so much the brake lever was pushed past the grip! He finally asked her if she would buy it as new, and she admitted she wouldn't. I would have bought mine except for the grassy tires.

    They'll be getting my business when I buy my new mountain bike next spring. I already picked out the bike today.

    And by the way, I saw on the Trek website an application for a Trek credit card. I got approved so I'll use it when I get my mountain bike.

    Woohoo!! that is awesome!! I'm happy for you I cant wait to test ride some of the new 2010 Trek..I'm still eyeing and drooling over the Trek Belleville Mixte
    ~Fiona~

    My Bikes:
    1978 Raleigh DL-1 "Eliza"
    '07 Specialized Globe City 7.1 "Serenity"
    Forthcoming
    2010 Pashley Princess Sovereign "Mina"

    Also, Check out my Bike Blog:)
    Girl Can Bike

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Baker, LA
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terraskye View Post
    Woohoo!! that is awesome!! I'm happy for you I cant wait to test ride some of the new 2010 Trek..I'm still eyeing and drooling over the Trek Belleville Mixte
    The Belleville is a nice bike. I love the look and color scheme. Nice to be eco-friendly. Good luck.

  7. #7
    Retro Prairie Girl terraskye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Edmonton Alberta
    My Bikes
    78 Raleigh DL-1,Pashley Princess Sovereign,Specialized Globe City 7.1
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyCycler View Post
    The Belleville is a nice bike. I love the look and color scheme. Nice to be eco-friendly. Good luck.
    Thanks because I need another bike like I need more holes in my head..Soon our tiny 1bedroom will be overrun with them lol
    ~Fiona~

    My Bikes:
    1978 Raleigh DL-1 "Eliza"
    '07 Specialized Globe City 7.1 "Serenity"
    Forthcoming
    2010 Pashley Princess Sovereign "Mina"

    Also, Check out my Bike Blog:)
    Girl Can Bike

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Baker, LA
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vive la difference between the 2009 and 2010 models! Not at all the same animal!

    2009:
    http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...rchive/7000wsd

    2010:
    http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...ybrid/7000wsd/

    I exchanged the 2009 for the 2010. Yippee!

  9. #9
    Senior Member anaheim flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    mcallen, texas
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool tiny....
    i am looking into the 7000 as a first LBS bike (pros and cons coming in on my thread lol) so keep the pics, opinions, and rides coming to us....well, when you aren't outside on your bike.

  10. #10
    Senior Member sh00k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Times Square
    Posts
    495
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miss Cycler,

    Congrats on the new ride! I hope you enjoy it thoroughly for years to come.
    2009 Trek FX 7.2 (Blue) -- SOLD!
    2010 Trek FX 7.7 (White) -- SOLD!
    2011 Trek FX 7.3 (White) -- Haven't sold it yet! haha

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Baker, LA
    Posts
    91
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •