Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-11, 08:54 PM   #1
SCROOGE McDUCK
Cast Iron Member
Thread Starter
 
SCROOGE McDUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Owosso, MI
Bikes: TREK 720
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question 2007 TREK 7300 woth $300 ???

Looking at getting a used TREK hybrid and found a local guy that has a 2007 7300 in excellent condition with less then 5 miles on it. He is wanting $300. Do you think it is worth $300? and if not what do you think it should be priced at? Here are some pics...

(Click on photo to enlarge)






http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...7300&Type=bike

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/2007/archive/7300
.

Last edited by SCROOGE McDUCK; 08-22-11 at 02:45 AM.
SCROOGE McDUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-11, 08:47 AM   #2
sh00k
Senior Member
 
sh00k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vacaville, CA
Bikes: 2011 Trek FX 7.3 | 2015 Trek FX 7.4 | Lotus Classique
Posts: 572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
1) does it fit? is it your size?
2) have you ridden other trek bikes (the 7.1 through 7.3 fx comes to mind)
3) what is the most you want to spend on a bike?
4) have you taken it for a test ride? your thoughts...?

although it's in great shape, it is a 2007 and i personally would offer him $250 if i was dead set on getting this one.
sh00k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 07:13 PM   #3
SCROOGE McDUCK
Cast Iron Member
Thread Starter
 
SCROOGE McDUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Owosso, MI
Bikes: TREK 720
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sh00k, Thank you very much for the reply. He was only willing to go $300 so I told him no thank you.

I have a 90's TREK 720 MultiTrack that I had given to me that I'm riding right now. It's in rough shape so I'm looking to upgrade. Also I'm 6 foot and it's a 17" frame so I'm thinking I might be to tall for it.
I'm going to go to a TREK dealer tomorrow and check a few bikes out and see what size I should be riding.

My budget is around $600 and 99% of my riding will be on paved roads and hard packed bike paths. I have bean thinking my best opinion might be a new 7.2 FX
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...ss/fx/7_2_fx/#



I am definitely open to other suggestions as I'm new to bikes that have more then one gear

Last edited by SCROOGE McDUCK; 07-31-11 at 12:09 AM.
SCROOGE McDUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 10:23 PM   #4
subzeroLV
Senior Member
 
subzeroLV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sin City
Bikes: 2011 Trek 1.2, 2010 Trek 7.2FX
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've got a 2010 Trek 7.2FX and couldn't be happier. It's an excellent bike. I just saw the 2012 today at the lbs, and it's pretty sharp looking. I totally wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if I were in the market.
subzeroLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-11, 08:18 AM   #5
jtaylor2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wexford, PA (Pittsburgh)
Bikes:
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
At 6 foot I would think 17 would be too small (suspect 20 would be better) but the LBS should tell you. I say should tell you because I'm 6 foot and two LBS's told me 20 and one told me 17.5, but the the one that told me 17.5 had a 17.5 and didn't have a 20. I've pretty much decided on a 7.3FX but nobody has a 2011 20 and the 2012s are supposed to come in this week. Like you I'm looking at paved roads and packed limestone rails to trails paths and decided the 7.xFX would be a good choice. A new 7.2FX would be well within your budget with something left over. You say 99% roads and packed, whats the other 1%? From my research I don't think the 7.x's would be much good off road.
jtaylor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-11, 09:34 AM   #6
qmsdc15
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Maryland
Bikes: rockhopper, delta V, cannondale H300, Marin Mill Valley
Posts: 5,155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1% would be like a grassy area between the parking lot and the bike path or other little shortcuts like that I would guess. Although not ideally suited for it, a Trek FX will work fine on non-technical singletrack for a moderately skilled rider. The beauty of hybrids is their versatility.
qmsdc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:18 PM.