Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kings Mountain, NC
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Wink Proud owner of a new Jamis Coda Sport

    Well I bit the bullet today and dropped the dough for a new 2012 Jamis Coda Sport. It rides very very nice, smooth and easy. I wanted the Crimson but the dealer could only get the black and I'm glad it worked out that way. The black with the silver lettering is very cool looking. I sold my Scott road bike when I discovered that the road scene was not for me. I have been reading here for a month or so trying to decide what to buy. I noticed SlimRider recommending the Coda Sport to others and it sounded exactly what I was looking for in my price range, once I rode it I was hooked. Now to start riding to get in shape and to do some upgrades along the way. Thanks for a great forum.

    Jon
    Last edited by joncleve; 06-14-12 at 06:56 AM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the purchase. Hope she works out well for ya.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Enjoy the new bike!

  4. #4
    Senior Member corwin1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    930
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new bike. When I started riding in 1995 I bought a hybrid and within 6 months added a road bike to my stable. Within 6 months I realized it wasn't my thing and sold it. I've been 100% hybrid ever since! For the average rider, a hybrid really can't be beat.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another new 12 Coda Sport owner chiming in. Picked mine up about a week ago. I had not bought a bike since around 94. I still have that bike, and old Trek 850 MTB.

    Anyways, I'm loving the Coda. Very smooth, plenty fast. I do want to put some bar ends on it as I'm getting numbness around 5miles. I'm looking at Ergo and Crane Creak. Any other thoughts? I also picked up a Biologic iphone case which is awesome for using Cyclemeter.

    Katz
    2012 Jamis Coda Sport 21'
    1994 Trek 850 19.5'

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Deltona fl
    My Bikes
    2010 Motobecane jubilee trail .......2012 cannondale quick 5
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Congrats

    Quote Originally Posted by TopKatz View Post
    Another new 12 Coda Sport owner chiming in. Picked mine up about a week ago. I had not bought a bike since around 94. I still have that bike, and old Trek 850 MTB.

    Anyways, I'm loving the Coda. Very smooth, plenty fast. I do want to put some bar ends on it as I'm getting numbness around 5miles. I'm looking at Ergo and Crane Creak. Any other thoughts? I also picked up a Biologic iphone case which is awesome for using Cyclemeter.

    Katz
    I've been undecided which bike to get, narrowed it down to giant escape 1 and the cannon dale quick 5, but now I've read a lot of good post about the coda sport, did you try any of these before deciding on the jamis, anyhow enjoy your new ride!

  7. #7
    Senior Member addictedhealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, Indiana
    My Bikes
    2009 Trek 7100
    Posts
    163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pictures?
    09 Trek 7100.

    The Dude Abides.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridernthestorm View Post
    I've been undecided which bike to get, narrowed it down to giant escape 1 and the cannon dale quick 5, but now I've read a lot of good post about the coda sport, did you try any of these before deciding on the jamis, anyhow enjoy your new ride!
    I looked at a lot of stuff and I rode my fathers Specialized Sirus, and I fiddled with the Trek FX stuff. I was leaning toward the FX because of my previous purchase until I started reading about the Coda and the fans of them. I never owned an aluminum frame bike, they did not exist when I was into it back in the day. I like the classic lines of the coda, and the road feel of the steal. In the end I felt the added weight was a non issue because I'm not going to bunny hopping this thing over any stumps.

    At the end of the day tooling around the parking lot of a bike shop is not enough to tell anything. I dont have enough seat time on anything at this point to really make a comment one way or another on comparisons. I'm very happy with it. It's a simple bike, well built in US and my LBS had it in one day.

    Hope that helps.
    2012 Jamis Coda Sport 21'
    1994 Trek 850 19.5'

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the request for pics! Some of the company websites do a tremendous disservice to their products with photos in blank white backgrounds. I absolutely love the real world owners photos to see what he bike truly looks like.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by side_FX View Post
    I second the request for pics! Some of the company websites do a tremendous disservice to their products with photos in blank white backgrounds. I absolutely love the real world owners photos to see what he bike truly looks like.
    Ill post some pics tonight when I get home for you guys.
    2012 Jamis Coda Sport 21'
    1994 Trek 850 19.5'

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kings Mountain, NC
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode a Giant Seek 3 but didn't care for it much. It's has an aluminum frame and I really liked the feel of the steel much better.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pics of my 2012 21' Coda Sport
    DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg

    BioLogic Bike Mount for iPhone 4 and a Planet Bike Superflash Turbo Rear Light are my accessories. Definitely going to do some bar ends and some toe clips soon. I'm getting out 3-4 times a week so far at around 5am. I have a good 7.5 mile loop with lots of change in elevation. I'm mapping out a 10 mile run that I might try this weekend.
    2012 Jamis Coda Sport 21'
    1994 Trek 850 19.5'

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Great looking bike!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    S.E CT.
    My Bikes
    1972 Schwinn Super Sport, 1983 Trek 600, 1985 Trek 660, 197? Holdsworth Mistral, 1995 Trek 800 mountain bike, 2013 Jamis Coda Comp, 2013 Specialized Crosstrack.
    Posts
    1,087
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That black is real sharp, nice choice of bike. Enjoy it!

  15. #15
    Super Moderator no1mad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NE OK
    My Bikes
    '06 Kona Smoke
    Posts
    8,064
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TopKatz View Post
    I looked at a lot of stuff and I rode my fathers Specialized Sirus, and I fiddled with the Trek FX stuff. I was leaning toward the FX because of my previous purchase until I started reading about the Coda and the fans of them. I never owned an aluminum frame bike, they did not exist when I was into it back in the day. I like the classic lines of the coda, and the road feel of the steal. In the end I felt the added weight was a non issue because I'm not going to bunny hopping this thing over any stumps.

    At the end of the day tooling around the parking lot of a bike shop is not enough to tell anything. I dont have enough seat time on anything at this point to really make a comment one way or another on comparisons. I'm very happy with it. It's a simple bike, well built in US and my LBS had it in one day.

    Hope that helps.
    If you mean unpacked and final assembly done by the LBS, sure. But the frames and components are imported. Except for the boutique and custom frame makers, I don't believe there is one single mass produced bike made in the U.S. anymore...

    I stopped by the new Jamis dealer in town to inquire about the Coda and was informed that he was unable to get any 2012 Coda Sports. Told me I would have to wait until the 2013s come out or pony up the extra dough and order a Coda Comp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
    Ride what and in what manner pleases you. Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind. srsly.
    Community guidelines

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds a little fishy about no 12 sports. Mine was not on the floor and had to be ordered. LBS had it in and assembled the next day.

    Not surprised about most of the parts cmong from over seas. The US does not make much of anything any more : (
    2012 Jamis Coda Sport 21'
    1994 Trek 850 19.5'

  17. #17
    Senior Member a1penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    My Bikes
    2012 Trek 7.5 FX DISC, 2002 Trek 2200 WSD, 1997 Specialized Rockhopper Al Comp
    Posts
    2,163
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking bike in the black and silver and the silver bottle cage coordinates well. The straight, narrow traditional tubing appeals to me.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse 3, 2012 Trek 7.5 FX Disc, 2003 Trek 2200 WSD, 1997 Specialized Rockhopper Al Comp

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TopKatz View Post
    Sounds a little fishy about no 12 sports. Mine was not on the floor and had to be ordered. LBS had it in and assembled the next day.

    Not surprised about most of the parts cmong from over seas. The US does not make much of anything any more : (
    Considering the fact that my LBS has started getting in 2013 Trek models (mainly the DS series from what I could tell), I wouldn't find it hard to believe if other manufacturers have started to switch over to production of the next year's model. That sucks though that they can't find a 2012 but from all of the posts I've seen on here about the Coda, it seems as though it's been a very popular model and very well could be sold out.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shop I got mine from still had a 2011 sport(in crimson, or is it sangria?). He even said he was not bringing in the 12 until all the 11 stuff was gone. I would have bought the 11 at a 20% discount if it were a 21. You could send Jamis a email and see what they say. It also could be a distribution supply chain thing where my LBS distributor has them and your guys does not. Are those other manufactures pimping the 13's already, because Jamis is not. However it does say that the 12 Sport is available in Fall of 11, so that would line up with what your saying a little, that the new bikes are around the corner. Also interesting that the 13 sport is not up on the site yet.
    2012 Jamis Coda Sport 21'
    1994 Trek 850 19.5'

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kings Mountain, NC
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shop I got mine from said that this was the last of the 2012 models they could get, the reason I couldn't get one in Crimson. The day I ordered it, they were on the phone with their Jamis rep and was told that 500 of the 2012's had just come in to the warehouse and they were gone the same day. Don't know if that is true but sounds reasonable. I guess this time of the year is like the black hole between current and new year models.

  21. #21
    Old, SLOW bike rider! ;)
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO.
    My Bikes
    1993 Mongoose Switchback MTB
    Posts
    1,851
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! I've had my "you can get any color as long as it's BLACK", 2012 Coda Sport since Sept. 2011, I wanted the 2011 Coda in Sangria Red but they were all gone and didn't really like the 2012 Coda Sport in the "crimson red", good thing as all my LBS could get in Sept. 2011 was black! ENJOY! PS. Over 1000 miles and it's just a "sweetheart" of a machine!
    Take care, RIDE SAFE, have FUN!
    B.J. Ondo
    1993 Mongoose Switchback MTB, converted to a "comfort bike"! :)

  22. #22
    Igo
    Igo is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Henderson/Las Vegas NV
    My Bikes
    Giant Defy 2
    Posts
    1,498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joncleve View Post
    Well I bit the bullet today and dropped the dough for a new 2012 Jamis Coda Sport. It rides very very nice, smooth and easy. I wanted the Crimson but the dealer could only get the black and I'm glad it worked out that way. The black with the silver lettering is very cool looking. I sold my Scott road bike when I discovered that the road scene was not for me. I have been reading here for a month or so trying to decide what to buy. I noticed SlimRider recommending the Coda Sport to others and it sounded exactly what I was looking for in my price range, once I rode it I was hooked. Now to start riding to get in shape and to do some upgrades along the way. Thanks for a great forum.

    Jon
    Not without evidence you didn't. Where's the pictures? People without pictures are bibbin' 'round here.
    Road Bike: Trek 2.1 Apex
    SPD Pedals
    Continental Gatorskin tires
    Kool Stop brake pads

    Hybrid/Commuter: Giant Escape 1
    Panaracer 28c T-Serv tires
    Ergon GP2-L Grips
    Serfas Lycra Dual Density Saddle
    Eleven81 BMX Pedals
    Kool Stop brake pads
    Planet Bike Blaze 2W front light
    Planet Bike Superflash Stealth rear light
    Topeak Explorer MTX Rack
    Topeak MTX Trunk Bag EX
    Topeak MTX TrunkBag DXP with Expandable Side Panniers
    Topeak Aero Expanding Wedge - Medium
    Garmin GPSMap 60CSx

  23. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kings Mountain, NC
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Well, I'll make sure I get some posted just for you Igo as soon as I can.

  24. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Kings Mountain, NC
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100_2315.jpg100_2311.jpgSome quick pics, not the best but here they are.

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    W.Massachusetts
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Cadent FT2
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you made the right choice with the black/silver, looks great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •