Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/)
-   -   My new Trek 7.2FX arrived today! (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/876868-my-new-trek-7-2fx-arrived-today.html)

bengiecruz 03-19-13 02:20 PM

I picked one myself a week ago... I love it so far...

excure the filter...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...3/IMG_0152.jpg

xoxoxoxoLive 03-19-13 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creonte (Post 15366531)
You'll love the bike, here's some of the changes I made to my 2013 7.2FX

http://i.imgur.com/5Aed16D.jpg

That's hot :thumb:

xoxoxoxoLive 03-19-13 08:21 PM

Trek's FX line is awesome, congrats guys. And welcome to the Forum. :)

Hackman61 03-20-13 12:10 AM

Thanks xoxo...I received my new SPD pedals today and have been trying to get the platform pedals off. What a pain in the ....It's tough to get the leverage cause I'm babying the bike. I'm loving the FX.

Warbuff 03-20-13 01:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anybody can identify those barends?
Here is my 13 7.2http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=305626

xoxoxoxoLive 03-20-13 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackman61 (Post 15408916)
Thanks xoxo...I received my new SPD pedals today and have been trying to get the platform pedals off. What a pain in the ....It's tough to get the leverage cause I'm babying the bike. I'm loving the FX.

Your LBS should loosen them for free, they have a long wrench for that. :)

xoxoxoxoLive 03-24-13 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warbuff (Post 15408959)
Anybody can identify those barends?
Here is my 13 7.2http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=305626

Nice extra's, I love the color of the 2013 FX 2, have one waiting on me to pick up Wednesday. :D

Hackman61 03-24-13 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive (Post 15424610)
Nice extra's, I love the color of the 2013 FX 2, have one waiting on me to pick up Wednesday. :D

That's AWESOME. I got my pedals switched finally, but not before I busted open three knuckles when it broke free. You would think I would learn. I even had my work gloves sitting right by me on my work bench. I absolutely love my 7.2 in matte black. Put in 26 more miles yesterday, sore fingers and all. :thumb:

xoxoxoxoLive 03-24-13 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hackman61 (Post 15425760)
That's AWESOME. I got my pedals switched finally, but not before I busted open three knuckles when it broke free. You would think I would learn. I even had my work gloves sitting right by me on my work bench. I absolutely love my 7.2 in matte black. Put in 26 more miles yesterday, sore fingers and all. :thumb:

I think that color is awesome, with the red highlight. Looks like I'm not going to get one :(, picked up a 2012 Giant Escape City today. But so far am very, very pleased with the bike. :thumb: Only time will tell, that was a nice ride at 23 miles.

Hackman61 03-24-13 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive (Post 15427045)
I think that color is awesome, with the red highlight. Looks like I'm not going to get one :(, picked up a 2012 Giant Escape City today. But so far am very, very pleased with the bike. :thumb: Only time will tell, that was a nice ride at 23 miles.

Sorry to hear about the FX. Enjoy your new Giant. I have heard that they are wonderful as well. What color? I'd like to hear what you think of it.

xoxoxoxoLive 03-25-13 03:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=306713 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=306715They call the color Blast Charcoal, first bike I have had with fenders. :)

SeaStew 04-03-13 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ust bought my Trek 7.2fx over the weekend and I am loving it. This is my first brand new bike from the LBS and I am riding it everyday on my small commute and after work. I have put about 35 miles on it and this summer I am hoping to kit it out for light touring. Anyone else had any experience in touring on this bike?

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=308584

boingobongo 04-03-13 08:38 PM

Congrats! I purchased a blue 7.2 last July. It's an awesome bike and very fun to ride. Very versatile.

Hackman61 04-04-13 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaStew (Post 15467460)
ust bought my Trek 7.2fx over the weekend and I am loving it. This is my first brand new bike from the LBS and I am riding it everyday on my small commute and after work. I have put about 35 miles on it and this summer I am hoping to kit it out for light touring. Anyone else had any experience in touring on this bike?

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=308584

Congratulations! I have had mine for less than a month and already have about 150 miles on mine. I did 31 yesterday while the weather was nice. You're going to love that 7.2FX

Tel0004 04-04-13 05:10 PM

I'll join in this thread. My Trek is 5 days old. I'm loving it so far.
http://i49.tinypic.com/jtnx3l.jpg

SeaStew 04-04-13 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tel0004 (Post 15471020)
I'll join in this thread. My Trek is 5 days old. I'm loving it so far.
http://i49.tinypic.com/jtnx3l.jpg

How tall are you and what size is this? I'm 5'10 and I went for the 20" frame. I was worried after my first real ride that I may have gotten a size too big but I adjusted the seat by moving it forward and now I'm very comfortable. I will add some bar ends to mine soon.

SeaStew 04-04-13 06:08 PM

Actually to everyone who owns this bike I'm curious to how tall you all are and what size of frame did you go for? On the 17.5 I just felt too crunched up and I am wondering if anyone felt the sizing wasn't true to their actual height.

Tel0004 04-04-13 06:16 PM

I'm 6'2, and its a 20" frame. I tried the 22", but I could not stand flat on the ground because the bar was too high, so I went with the 20".

Hackman61 04-05-13 12:27 AM

I'm 5'11 and also have the 20" frame. Very comfortable for me.

creonte 04-05-13 03:06 AM

6 foot, 20" frame. I have a 30 inch inseam.

DocsDad 04-05-13 07:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am 5' 11'. I have the 22.5 frame and touch the top tube when standing. However, lifting the bike to pubic bone shows I have about 1" - 1.5" clearance. I ride more commuting/touring style and feel more comfortable and less cramped on the bigger bike.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=308812http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=308813

bellinibean 04-05-13 08:28 PM

im 5'6 with a 29" inseam and opted for the 15.5" frame

Dunbar 04-05-13 08:55 PM

5'9" and I ride a 20" 7.5FX. I have long legs for my height - 32" cycling inseam (30" pant inseam.) I would not recommend using standover clearance to choose frame size.

side_FX 04-06-13 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creonte (Post 15366531)
You'll love the bike, here's some of the changes I made to my 2013 7.2FX

http://i.imgur.com/5Aed16D.jpg

The bar ends in this picture seem to blend into the bar really nicely. Still no I.D. on them?

Warbuff 04-08-13 12:42 AM

I'm 6 2 and I got sized up at teh LBS and went for the 22.5. Btw loving the 7.2 owner's club going on in here


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:09 AM.