Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 58
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    .2) KOOLSTOP Brake Pads
    These sure are nice, aren't they? I just picked up a set of them for my road bike, and they're amazing (using the dual compound pads). I also took the extra set of salmon pads and installed them on my hybrid (the holders on my hybrid take a standard road cartridge).

  2. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    My Bikes
    Trek 7.2FX Disc
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    I never liked those Bontrager wheels since the first day I rode it. Nothing bad to say about them, now I just have a backup set of wheels.
    love the mavic wheels. which model are they and wat size tires are you running?
    2013 Trek 7.2FX

  3. #28
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bellinibean View Post
    love the mavic wheels. which model are they and wat size tires are you running?
    mavic ksyrium equipe : http://www.amazon.com/Mavic-Ksyrium-.../dp/B004N0H0IS 700 x 32 Bontrager H2
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX

  4. #29
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by martinus View Post
    Oury lock on's, a big Vetta saddle, Black Ops platforms (wellgo proly makes 'em ) ... basically made the 3 contact points, softer/wider ...




    Also installed some 42c Conti Speed rides ... fatter tires for "float", ( NOT a band-aid, for a harsh "ride" on an alu. frame ... only one thing riddes nicer than, a steel frame with a cf fork... but, ) just incase I wanna do a gravel or crushed limestome adventure ! : o)



    Nice
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX

  5. #30
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCat_Ford View Post
    These sure are nice, aren't they? I just picked up a set of them for my road bike, and they're amazing (using the dual compound pads). I also took the extra set of salmon pads and installed them on my hybrid (the holders on my hybrid take a standard road cartridge).
    I installed mine cause the factory ones squealed.. But do love them.
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX

  6. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    I installed mine cause the factory ones squealed.. But do love them.
    Which pads did you end up using? I don't really notice that much of a difference between the dual compound pads and the single compound, but I'm interested in seeing if there is any difference in pad life between the two. I'm also looking forward to trying them out in the wet weather!

  7. #32
    Senior Member SLazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    So Cal
    My Bikes
    2012 Giant Roam
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My latest upgrade - Fizik Gobi XM saddle.


    Fizik Gobi XM.jpg

  8. #33
    Ha ha ha ha ha giantcfr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kyoto;JAPAN
    My Bikes
    2004 ORBEA Mitis2 Plus Carbon, 2007 Cannondale Bad Boy Si Disc, 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er
    Posts
    4,318
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLazz View Post
    My latest upgrade - Fizik Gobi XM saddle.


    Fizik Gobi XM.jpg
    Very nice choice.
    Road Bike: 2004 ORBEA Mitis2+Carbon, Freekin' groovy Urban / Mountain Road Cruising Bike: 2007 CANNONDALE Bad Boy Disc, MTB: 2012 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Marlin WSD 29er

  9. #34
    Senior Member martinus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    Nice

    Thanks.

    .
    .
    .


    Bend the knees, watch the trees ... 5 $ please .

  10. #35
    Senior Member SLazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    So Cal
    My Bikes
    2012 Giant Roam
    Posts
    66
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by giantcfr1 View Post
    Very nice choice.
    Next upgrade that'll arrive any day - Ergon grips w/ bar ends.

    Ergon grips.jpg

  11. #36
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Brake pads

    Quote Originally Posted by TomCat_Ford View Post
    These sure are nice, aren't they? I just picked up a set of them for my road bike, and they're amazing (using the dual compound pads). I also took the extra set of salmon pads and installed them on my hybrid (the holders on my hybrid take a standard road cartridge).
    My fronts have been changed to these: http://www.upgradecycle.com/odyssey-...Q#.UYl3lOrD8cA and my back brakes are Koolstop http://www.biketiresdirect.com/produ...FUPc4AoddwcAEg style. To be "honest" I find them to be to soft, and do not work well in the rain. I have NO clue how long they will last, but will find out I guess. When I do change them, I more than likely buy AVID, or TEKTRO. They did stop the squeal from the factory pads, & I was very happy. Who knows though, I really haven't given them much of a chance..
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX

  12. #37
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    My fronts have been changed to these: http://www.upgradecycle.com/odyssey-...Q#.UYl3lOrD8cA and my back brakes are Koolstop http://www.biketiresdirect.com/produ...FUPc4AoddwcAEg style. To be "honest" I find them to be to soft, and do not work well in the rain. I have NO clue how long they will last, but will find out I guess. When I do change them, I more than likely buy AVID, or TEKTRO. They did stop the squeal from the factory pads, & I was very happy. Who knows though, I really haven't given them much of a chance..
    They did not squeal in the rain, like the Odyssey brand did. But I've had really good experiences with Tektro though. They did not have them in stock, and I wanted the factory pads off..
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX

  13. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Huntington, WV
    My Bikes
    2013 Trek 7.2fx, 2012 Trek 7100
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Debating on whether to buy some Ergons now, or wait 3 weeks until my birthday haha.

  14. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Southwestern Ontario
    Posts
    1,618
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bike is a 2010 Sirrus Comp. Not going to post the same lousy picture again (will try to get new/better ones later), but as it stands:

    Stock: frame, fork, seatpost/stem/bars/bar ends, and wheelset (the latter will get changed out this season).

    The rest:
    Headset (crap "caged ball" Spec Mindset to Mindset Pro [sealed cartridge])
    Brakes: TRP CX9; Avid SD7 levers
    Shifters: SRAM double-tap flat bar (10spd)
    Cables: XTR/Dura Ace
    Derailleurs: SRAM Apex (f/r)
    Crank: SRAM Apex (48/34)
    Chain: SRAM 1090
    Cassette: SRAM Rival (12-28)
    Saddle: Spec. Avatar
    Pedals: Shim XT (don't like "road" shoes/pedals)
    Grips: Ergon
    Tires: Conti GP4000s (25) summer; Panaracer Pasela TG (folding; 32) late fall/winter/early spring.
    Weight (with Contis and pedals): 19.4 lbs (LBS Park scale)

  15. #40
    Senior Member SHOFINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put these Conti City Contacts on just to see how they look 622-42s....initially bought for wifes sporterra and after a quick 5 miler I'm gonna keep em on! Actually measure a tad over 37mm. Not bad for <$17.50 a tire shipped.



    Max pressure says 85 and I put 75 rear and close to 70 in front and loved em so far.

    Last edited by SHOFINE; 05-08-13 at 04:12 PM.
    2013 On One Fatty, 2011 Trek Sawyer, 2011 Kona Dr. Fine, 2012 Motobecane Jubilee 8, 1985 Schwinn Tempo, 1982 Schwinn World Sport


  16. #41
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by romeplows View Post
    Debating on whether to buy some Ergons now, or wait 3 weeks until my birthday haha.
    Nothing like the present.. Happy Birthday early..
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX

  17. #42
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOFINE View Post
    Just put these Conti City Contacts on just to see how they look 622-42s....initially bought for wifes sporterra and after a quick 5 miler I'm gonna keep em on! Actually measure a tad over 37mm. Not bad for <$17.50 a tire shipped.



    Max pressure says 85 and I put 75 rear and close to 70 in front and loved em so far.

    Great looking bike, & the tires match well also..
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX

  18. #43
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badger1 View Post
    My bike is a 2010 Sirrus Comp. Not going to post the same lousy picture again (will try to get new/better ones later), but as it stands:

    Stock: frame, fork, seatpost/stem/bars/bar ends, and wheelset (the latter will get changed out this season).

    The rest:
    Headset (crap "caged ball" Spec Mindset to Mindset Pro [sealed cartridge])
    Brakes: TRP CX9; Avid SD7 levers
    Shifters: SRAM double-tap flat bar (10spd)
    Cables: XTR/Dura Ace
    Derailleurs: SRAM Apex (f/r)
    Crank: SRAM Apex (48/34)
    Chain: SRAM 1090
    Cassette: SRAM Rival (12-28)
    Saddle: Spec. Avatar
    Pedals: Shim XT (don't like "road" shoes/pedals)
    Grips: Ergon
    Tires: Conti GP4000s (25) summer; Panaracer Pasela TG (folding; 32) late fall/winter/early spring.
    Weight (with Contis and pedals): 19.4 lbs (LBS Park scale)
    Under 20 with factory wheels, awesome. You have to get a new pic up..
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX

  19. #44
    Senior Member SHOFINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    Great looking bike, & the tires match well also..
    Thanks, Just on the brief ride I think I've found the perfect tire for spinning round these rough roads in this little town and out in the country! Got this bike so cheap but probably spent as much in fixing it up to make it as comfortable as possible!




    [IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/cpt888
    /IMG_2398_zpsecf503d5.jpg[/IMG]


    [IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/cpt888
    /IMG_2395_zps6ba9e5fb.jpg[/IMG]




    This is what I've upgraded so far.
    1. FSA Metropolis Handlebar
    2. Cardiff Leather Grips
    3. Brooks Flyer Saddle (swapped the silver springs from B67 on Sawyer)
    4. BBB 125mm Adjustable Stem
    5. Sunlite Gold Tec Disc Rack
    6. Velo Orange Setback seatpost.
    7. MKS Sylvan Touring pedals (Tempo is borrowing them now ...original pedals on now.....which are quite nice...but may get me some more MKSs.
    8. Continental Contact City tires. 622-42s.

    2013 On One Fatty, 2011 Trek Sawyer, 2011 Kona Dr. Fine, 2012 Motobecane Jubilee 8, 1985 Schwinn Tempo, 1982 Schwinn World Sport


  20. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Southwestern Ontario
    Posts
    1,618
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    Under 20 with factory wheels, awesome. You have to get a new pic up..
    Will do my best re. pics!

    Actually, the current weight isn't too surprising; one has to remember that this bike, that year, has the E5 main frame, with carbon seat stays/fork. Pretty light even stock (think it was around 22 lbs w/pedals).

    But yes ... there's a lot of excess in my stock wheelset, though I have to say it has been very durable (Mavic CP22 on cartridge hubs). I will be changing it out, though, mainly just to make the overall ride/feel even better. It's a great bike, as I've built it up for my needs, and I can't see the need for another anytime soon.

  21. #46
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOFINE View Post
    Thanks, Just on the brief ride I think I've found the perfect tire for spinning round these rough roads in this little town and out in the country! Got this bike so cheap but probably spent as much in fixing it up to make it as comfortable as possible!




    [IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/cpt888
    /IMG_2398_zpsecf503d5.jpg[/IMG]


    [IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/cpt888
    /IMG_2395_zps6ba9e5fb.jpg[/IMG]




    This is what I've upgraded so far.
    1. FSA Metropolis Handlebar
    2. Cardiff Leather Grips
    3. Brooks Flyer Saddle (swapped the silver springs from B67 on Sawyer)
    4. BBB 125mm Adjustable Stem
    5. Sunlite Gold Tec Disc Rack
    6. Velo Orange Setback seatpost.
    7. MKS Sylvan Touring pedals (Tempo is borrowing them now ...original pedals on now.....which are quite nice...but may get me some more MKSs.
    8. Continental Contact City tires. 622-42s.

    The more that I look at it, that is one sweet bike, brooks saddle, disc brakes, & I was actually going to ask What brand pedals they were. I need something besides my cheap Wellgo plastic..
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX

  22. #47
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by badger1 View Post
    Will do my best re. pics!

    Actually, the current weight isn't too surprising; one has to remember that this bike, that year, has the E5 main frame, with carbon seat stays/fork. Pretty light even stock (think it was around 22 lbs w/pedals).

    But yes ... there's a lot of excess in my stock wheelset, though I have to say it has been very durable (Mavic CP22 on cartridge hubs). I will be changing it out, though, mainly just to make the overall ride/feel even better. It's a great bike, as I've built it up for my needs, and I can't see the need for another anytime soon.
    That has been my quest with the Trek, just want to ride for a while. Built it for my style, and nice enough that I wouldn't be wanting a better one. (now you have me looking for your pic)
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX

  23. #48
    Senior Member SHOFINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxoxoxoLive View Post
    The more that I look at it, that is one sweet bike, brooks saddle, disc brakes, & I was actually going to ask What brand pedals they were. I need something besides my cheap Wellgo plastic..
    Thanks Again! Yea, the more I ride it the more that Brooks feels....breaking-in real nice now. Ready for some longs rides this summer!
    2013 On One Fatty, 2011 Trek Sawyer, 2011 Kona Dr. Fine, 2012 Motobecane Jubilee 8, 1985 Schwinn Tempo, 1982 Schwinn World Sport


  24. #49
    Senior Member SHOFINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upgraded my GPS ....got a Garmin Edge 500 to replace my Garmin Forerunner 305 that is coming apart. My intentions was to pick up a matching mtn tire for my wifes Sporterra....but spotted the Edge 500...had been thinking of getting 310xt Forerunner.

    2013 On One Fatty, 2011 Trek Sawyer, 2011 Kona Dr. Fine, 2012 Motobecane Jubilee 8, 1985 Schwinn Tempo, 1982 Schwinn World Sport


  25. #50
    Senior Member xoxoxoxoLive's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville FL
    My Bikes
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX
    Posts
    2,275
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOFINE View Post
    Upgraded my GPS ....got a Garmin Edge 500 to replace my Garmin Forerunner 305 that is coming apart. My intentions was to pick up a matching mtn tire for my wifes Sporterra....but spotted the Edge 500...had been thinking of getting 310xt Forerunner.

    I would love to hear your review, (thoughts) on it. & can I call you for Tech. support.. Mine works fine, just haven't had time to really explore its features , Besides : speed, cadence, distance, time, temp, average speed, ( plus have it all set up for my bike ) .. Did you purchase the cadence sensor, and or heart monitor ?
    2013 TREK 7.6 FX

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •