Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-14, 05:20 AM   #101
AdelaaR
Senior Member
 
AdelaaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vlaamse Ardennen, Belgium
Bikes:
Posts: 3,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravin Neff View Post
So I bought a cheapy hybrid and noticed I ride it about 3 times more than I ride the road bike, and quite frankly find the road bike very difficult to justify keeping at this point.
Stories like this should get posted more often on this board.
All too much we hear that hybrids are bikes to start off with and that they'll get replaced afterwards.
AdelaaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-14, 09:58 AM   #102
KonaRider125
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Central Coast, California
Bikes: Niner RLT 9 4 Star, Kona Splice, Nashbar Carbon road bike
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Exactly. I got my hybrid because its what the guy at the LBS recommend as a first bike to get into cycling. He said in a year or so I'll decide if I want a road bike or a mountain bike or both. I am still happy with my hybrid but I am thinking of getting a cyclocross bike as well.
KonaRider125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 03:17 PM   #103
khutch
Sumerian Street Rider
 
khutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Suburban Chicago
Bikes: Dahon Mu P8, Fuji Absolute 1.0
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger1 View Post
I've no idea why you here, and elsewhere on this board, feel compelled to resurrect threads that have long since run their course, but since you do ... in this instance your characterization of 'road bikers' (whatever they are; I can only assume you meant 'road cyclists' or 'roadies') is utter nonsense, as is your characterization of those who prefer (as I do) to do their cycling on what are referred to as 'hybrid' bicycles.
Well, if we are going to revive the thread then I suppose a revived BF member can comment on it! I haven't been here much lately. I started playing bass guitar in a church worship band a while back and I have been seriously distracted from BF because of something called "TalkBass.com" ....

Here and there people are routinely criticized by one group because they don't use the search function and post to existing threads if they need more information or have something to add but those who do that are of course routinely criticized by another group for reviving zombie threads. It actually makes a lot of sense to revive a thread because that keeps all the relevant information on a topic in one spot so that the precious few who actually use the search function can find it all easily. People who just start a new thread without looking at what has gone before end up dispersing the relevant information on a topic so widely that those who do search become frustrated after reading a dozen threads out of 1200 hits on their topic without getting anything relevant to their question.

As to road bikers, well, from the interactions I have had with fellow users of the local recreational trails lopek77's characterization is not utter nonsense. I routinely either bear the brunt of the ire the roadies generate by their behavior on these shared paths or I draw surprisingly lavish praise frome the pedestrians and bladers and dog walkers and horse riders who realize that I do not do as they do. My favorite interaction with a roadie came during my first century ride when I was cut off by one of these beasts who was definitely uncaged and who missed my by a couple of cm while he was making a mad dash to get a couple of cm ahead of another member of his pack. I was riding right on the right edge of the road where I thought I would be out of everyone's way and I was not by a long shot the slowest cyclist on the road that day. So why would that be my favorite roadie sighting? Because he was wearing a tee shirt that proclaimed in huge letters "Share the D**N Road!!!" Oh, if irony could kill ....

The last two summers I did three days and then the whole week of RAGBRAI and for me that event epitimizes the hybrid cyclist's ethos. Of course not everyone rides a hybrid. There are MTB's, Pugsleys, bents, tandems, tandem bents, unicycles, blades, and skateboards. Two summers ago there was an English rider dressed as a French (?) onion peddler on a wierd, ancient two speed bike that had one gear ratio when you pedaled forward and a second when you pedaled backwards! Last summer not one but two runners accomplished something that many have tried but none had done before: they ran the whole distance! It is like a four hundred some mile long county fair or town festival. You see Iowan's at their best and you see your fellow cyclists at their best too. You spend a lot of time riding but even more eating and taking in the sights and sounds and entertainment on offer in every little pass thorugh town. You can go as fast or as slow as you want. Everyone who rides it takes the same route but has a different ride. You can form an instant friendship with anyone just by striking up a conversation. It is glorious. And of course the majority of riders during RAGBRAI week are: roadies! So they aren't all bad and in fact if you spend a week at an event like RAGBRAI you quickly learn that almost none of them are bad. We and they are the same people. The few bad apples form the public opinion of all of them but if you look closely some of us are no better than the worst of them. So, yeah, hybrid riders are a great group but so is every other group of cyclists. We can't judge any group by their exceptions.
khutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 03:40 PM   #104
badger1
Senior Member
 
badger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Bikes:
Posts: 2,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khutch View Post
Well, if we are going to revive the thread then I suppose a revived BF member can comment on it! I haven't been here much lately. I started playing bass guitar in a church worship band a while back and I have been seriously distracted from BF because of something called "TalkBass.com" ....

Here and there people are routinely criticized by one group because they don't use the search function and post to existing threads if they need more information or have something to add but those who do that are of course routinely criticized by another group for reviving zombie threads. It actually makes a lot of sense to revive a thread because that keeps all the relevant information on a topic in one spot so that the precious few who actually use the search function can find it all easily. People who just start a new thread without looking at what has gone before end up dispersing the relevant information on a topic so widely that those who do search become frustrated after reading a dozen threads out of 1200 hits on their topic without getting anything relevant to their question.

As to road bikers, well, from the interactions I have had with fellow users of the local recreational trails lopek77's characterization is not utter nonsense. I routinely either bear the brunt of the ire the roadies generate by their behavior on these shared paths or I draw surprisingly lavish praise frome the pedestrians and bladers and dog walkers and horse riders who realize that I do not do as they do. My favorite interaction with a roadie came during my first century ride when I was cut off by one of these beasts who was definitely uncaged and who missed my by a couple of cm while he was making a mad dash to get a couple of cm ahead of another member of his pack. I was riding right on the right edge of the road where I thought I would be out of everyone's way and I was not by a long shot the slowest cyclist on the road that day. So why would that be my favorite roadie sighting? Because he was wearing a tee shirt that proclaimed in huge letters "Share the D**N Road!!!" Oh, if irony could kill ....

The last two summers I did three days and then the whole week of RAGBRAI and for me that event epitimizes the hybrid cyclist's ethos. Of course not everyone rides a hybrid. There are MTB's, Pugsleys, bents, tandems, tandem bents, unicycles, blades, and skateboards. Two summers ago there was an English rider dressed as a French (?) onion peddler on a wierd, ancient two speed bike that had one gear ratio when you pedaled forward and a second when you pedaled backwards! Last summer not one but two runners accomplished something that many have tried but none had done before: they ran the whole distance! It is like a four hundred some mile long county fair or town festival. You see Iowan's at their best and you see your fellow cyclists at their best too. You spend a lot of time riding but even more eating and taking in the sights and sounds and entertainment on offer in every little pass thorugh town. You can go as fast or as slow as you want. Everyone who rides it takes the same route but has a different ride. You can form an instant friendship with anyone just by striking up a conversation. It is glorious. And of course the majority of riders during RAGBRAI week are: roadies! So they aren't all bad and in fact if you spend a week at an event like RAGBRAI you quickly learn that almost none of them are bad. We and they are the same people. The few bad apples form the public opinion of all of them but if you look closely some of us are no better than the worst of them. So, yeah, hybrid riders are a great group but so is every other group of cyclists. We can't judge any group by their exceptions.
So, you concede my point.
badger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 08:30 PM   #105
khutch
Sumerian Street Rider
 
khutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Suburban Chicago
Bikes: Dahon Mu P8, Fuji Absolute 1.0
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badger1 View Post
So, you concede my point.
I certainly agree that the common characterization of roadies is unfair to them but since it is so common and since it is based on the all too real conduct of a few I don't agree that the proper response to it is to call it utter nonsense and to feign misunderstanding of the term road bikers. It deserved a more reasoned response, which I gave. If that is now your stance too then I am not conceding anything since I have not previously stated a different position, I am just agreeing with you. Everyone who rides a bike is my brother or sister. We may have family squabbles, we may enjoy teasing each other about this or that, but we should always remember that we are family. My hybrid is nimble and faster than me on the road and it handles the common railway roadbed trails around here better than a full on road bike would. It is well suited to what I like to do. Road bikers ride the bikes that are optimized for what they love to do and so do I. It doesn't matter to me that they ride different bikes than I and it does matter to most of them either. If they tease me, I tease them back. It's what brothers and sisters do.
khutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-14, 08:51 PM   #106
David Bierbaum
Senior Member
 
David Bierbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: St. Louis Metro East area
Bikes: 1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)
Posts: 1,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My Hybrid, which I bought new in 1992, has never left me wanting more.
...
Let me semi-take that back. I switched out the riser bar for a trekking bar. It left me wanting that much more. That little change made a huge change in my bicycle, after I got everything tweaked to my satisfaction. I can now ride with equal ease in prairie-dog mode far-bar mode, and ersatz aero mode. They'll pry those bars from my cold dead fingers... er... that somehow sounds wrong...

My Hybrid gets me from point A to point B in decent time, and it's not THAT much slower than the road bikes I see. It hauls groceries, is allowed in the local drive-thru lanes of banks and less busy fast food places, and it takes me on long (for me) trips and granny-gears me up the steepest of hills.
David Bierbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-14, 06:02 PM   #107
badger1
Senior Member
 
badger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Bikes:
Posts: 2,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khutch View Post
I certainly agree that the common characterization of roadies is unfair to them but since it is so common and since it is based on the all too real conduct of a few I don't agree that the proper response to it is to call it utter nonsense and to feign misunderstanding of the term road bikers. It deserved a more reasoned response, which I gave. If that is now your stance too then I am not conceding anything since I have not previously stated a different position, I am just agreeing with you. Everyone who rides a bike is my brother or sister. We may have family squabbles, we may enjoy teasing each other about this or that, but we should always remember that we are family. My hybrid is nimble and faster than me on the road and it handles the common railway roadbed trails around here better than a full on road bike would. It is well suited to what I like to do. Road bikers ride the bikes that are optimized for what they love to do and so do I. It doesn't matter to me that they ride different bikes than I and it does matter to most of them either. If they tease me, I tease them back. It's what brothers and sisters do.
As I said, you conceded my substantive point. Whether or not you approve of the rhetorical strategy I employed to make that point is a matter of complete indifference to me.
badger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 09:09 PM   #108
khutch
Sumerian Street Rider
 
khutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Suburban Chicago
Bikes: Dahon Mu P8, Fuji Absolute 1.0
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
In this context a concession is something that someone who has changed their position makes to those who they originally opposed. I joined this discussion as your ally in many respects so I concede nothing by continuing to agree on those points. It appears that the poster you really disagree with is as indifferent to your strategy as you are to suggestions on how to improve it.
khutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 09:18 PM   #109
khutch
Sumerian Street Rider
 
khutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Suburban Chicago
Bikes: Dahon Mu P8, Fuji Absolute 1.0
Posts: 602
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bierbaum View Post
I switched out the riser bar for a trekking bar. It left me wanting that much more.
I'm with you there, I don't find the handlebars that most hybrids come with suitable for anything over 20 miles and it is kinda silly to put uncomfortable bars on a road biased hybrid like mine. I tried the trekking bars and then Jeff Jones aluminum loop H bars and settled on the latter. They are a much better choice for road biased hybrids and since Jeff Jones designed them for mountain bikers they are a great choice for trail biased hybrids too. Most hybrids deserve better bars than they get!
khutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 09:47 PM   #110
David Bierbaum
Senior Member
 
David Bierbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: St. Louis Metro East area
Bikes: 1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)
Posts: 1,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khutch View Post
I'm with you there, I don't find the handlebars that most hybrids come with suitable for anything over 20 miles and it is kinda silly to put uncomfortable bars on a road biased hybrid like mine. I tried the trekking bars and then Jeff Jones aluminum loop H bars and settled on the latter. They are a much better choice for road biased hybrids and since Jeff Jones designed them for mountain bikers they are a great choice for trail biased hybrids too. Most hybrids deserve better bars than they get!
That bar looks really interesting, though it's incompatible with my quill stem. I love it's simplicity of design.
David Bierbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 05:38 AM   #111
AdelaaR
Senior Member
 
AdelaaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vlaamse Ardennen, Belgium
Bikes:
Posts: 3,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe handlebars are a very personal choice and I think a type of bicycle is much less determined by it's handlebar than it is by other things like tires and geometry.
Me, for instance, I have weird personalized handlebars on all of my bicycles.
My hybrid has a flatbar with long, bent barends and comfy short aerobar with custom grips on it.
My roadbike has a carbon dropbar with flat tops and a special tri-draft-legal aerobar with bartape on it and a custom computer mount in the middle.
My TT bike has a specific TT bar with specific bent aero extensions and a DIY custom computer mount in the middle.
Unless you're racing in UCI sanctioned races ... style your handlebar as you see fit
AdelaaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 10:20 AM   #112
cbr9927
Senior Member
 
cbr9927's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Seattle
Bikes:
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nope, hybrids are just more fun to me. The upright position is just more suited to city riding where I do 95% of my riding. I have my 2009 Defy Road Bike for sale. My Sirrus Hybird was better for avoiding people, busted sidewalks and going from sidewalk to road. Plus my bad back ached sometimes leaning on the road bike. I have bar ends that help a lot on the hybrid, I just have to get up and take a 10 min break now and than, about the same as on the road bike.
cbr9927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 09:18 AM   #113
KonaRider125
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Central Coast, California
Bikes: Niner RLT 9 4 Star, Kona Splice, Nashbar Carbon road bike
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I love my hybrid but what is annoying to me is your not considered a "cool" cyclist unless you have a fancy road bike and a $300+ cycling costume which is BS.
KonaRider125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 09:25 AM   #114
RPK79
Senior Member
 
RPK79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SE MN
Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro & Fuji Track Classic
Posts: 8,078
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
I wonder if snorkeling and scuba diver forums have these issues because snorkelers feel snubbed by scuba divers in their fancy expensive (tight fitting) gear.
RPK79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 10:29 AM   #115
badger1
Senior Member
 
badger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Bikes:
Posts: 2,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPK79 View Post
I wonder if snorkeling and scuba diver forums have these issues because snorkelers feel snubbed by scuba divers in their fancy expensive (tight fitting) gear.
Don't know, but I like the direction this thread is taking. Soon, we shall no doubt see a new "why are those road 'bikers' so unfriendly/they never wave/they think they're too good for us" post in some variation or other. Just a matter of time.
badger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 06:49 PM   #116
RichBeau
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Bolton, MA
Bikes: 2014 Trek Verve 3
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I'm an old roady who is about to purchase his first hybrid. Those "others" will be joining us soon enough.
RichBeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-14, 09:15 AM   #117
AdelaaR
Senior Member
 
AdelaaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vlaamse Ardennen, Belgium
Bikes:
Posts: 3,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaRider125 View Post
I love my hybrid but what is annoying to me is your not considered a "cool" cyclist unless you have a fancy road bike and a $300+ cycling costume which is BS.
Specific cycling clothing makes a world of difference.
I'd rather ride my hybrid with good clothing than my roadbike with bad clothing any day.
AdelaaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-14, 09:29 AM   #118
themishmosh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Bikes:
Posts: 309
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaaR View Post
Specific cycling clothing makes a world of difference.
I'd rather ride my hybrid with good clothing than my roadbike with bad clothing any day.
+1. Took me a while to buy into this but I eventually did.
themishmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-14, 10:43 AM   #119
fietsbob 
coprolite
 
fietsbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NW,Oregon Coast
Bikes: 7
Posts: 19,642
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
they are more popular on continental Europe, as transportation , so wearing the clothes for the Job.
fietsbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-14, 01:20 PM   #120
David Bierbaum
Senior Member
 
David Bierbaum's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: St. Louis Metro East area
Bikes: 1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)
Posts: 1,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
having reflected upon the topic of this thread, I have come to realize that there IS something wrong with owning a Hybrid! That is, if you own a Hybrid, and yet do not ride it! That is indeed very wrong, and must be rectified immediately! Go forth and ride, all ye owners of poor destitute neglected hybrids! Heed thy bike's piteous cries of claustrophobic torment, and slake it's desire to feel the joy of rolling wheels and clicking shifters!
David Bierbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 06:04 AM   #121
AdelaaR
Senior Member
 
AdelaaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vlaamse Ardennen, Belgium
Bikes:
Posts: 3,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bierbaum View Post
having reflected upon the topic of this thread, I have come to realize that there IS something wrong with owning a Hybrid! That is, if you own a Hybrid, and yet do not ride it! That is indeed very wrong, and must be rectified immediately! Go forth and ride, all ye owners of poor destitute neglected hybrids! Heed thy bike's piteous cries of claustrophobic torment, and slake it's desire to feel the joy of rolling wheels and clicking shifters!
I plead guilty.
Since we had our second baby I haven't used my hybrid much.
The reason for this is mainly that we don't ride with the whole family anymore but will start again this summer when he's older.
Another reason is that I've been doing weekly sunday training rides with my tri club and I use my tri bike for that.
My wife bought a second hand bike-tow-bar-system to pull our oldest son while he rides his bike and that will definately have to happen with my hybrid.
AdelaaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 09:04 AM   #122
KonaRider125
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Central Coast, California
Bikes: Niner RLT 9 4 Star, Kona Splice, Nashbar Carbon road bike
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelaaR View Post
Specific cycling clothing makes a world of difference.
I'd rather ride my hybrid with good clothing than my roadbike with bad clothing any day.


I understand the importance of correct cycling clothing, particularly for rides over 10 miles. Learned my lesson fast and got a couple pairs of MTB shorts, rear end discomfort solved!

In my area its a "fashion show" with cyclists trying to have the coolest jerseys and shorts and most expensive carbon road bike which I think is a little annoying.
KonaRider125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 09:22 AM   #123
badger1
Senior Member
 
badger1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Bikes:
Posts: 2,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaRider125 View Post
I understand the importance of correct cycling clothing, particularly for rides over 10 miles. Learned my lesson fast and got a couple pairs of MTB shorts, rear end discomfort solved!

In my area its a "fashion show" with cyclists trying to have the coolest jerseys and shorts and most expensive carbon road bike which I think is a little annoying.
You are quite right re. "fashion show" (clothing, shoes, bike) - certainly not uncommon. What I don't understand is why one would find that annoying? Amusing, perhaps, but annoying?
badger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-14, 09:22 PM   #124
Hauptmann6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kalamazoo
Bikes: Giant Escape 2
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridbike View Post
However I want to do a century ride but it looks like I'd need a road bike.
The heck you do! I've done 80 on a 15 year old worn out Mongoose Switchback. And that was road and trail. So almost ANYTHING would be a better choice but it's very doable.
Hauptmann6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-14, 05:10 AM   #125
Gravity Aided
Senior Member
 
Gravity Aided's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Bikes: Trek 600 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Impact, LaPierre TDF
Posts: 2,580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Love my Cannondale H600, I've put trekking bars on it and use it for most everything, in spite of the growing number of uberroadies in my area. The derailleurs on some of those bikes are so loud, it makes you want to yell "Fish on!" as they go by.
Gravity Aided is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:48 PM.