Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario. Canada
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus Elite
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Specialzed Sirrus Elite - your thoughts?

    Hi Group!

    I am returning to biking after 15 years and have been to my local bike store. Let me tell you a bit about myself and then perhaps give me your thoughts on if you think the Specialized Sirrus Elite is a good fit for me.

    - Recreational use and exercise, maybe join a riding club next year
    - Reasonably fit and active
    - lower back problems (hence the need for exercise and a comfortable ride)
    - 40 (this year!)
    - Mostly road and the occasional dirt path

    I went to my LBS and they suggested the Specialized Sirrus Elite. I tried it out and liked it, but obviously there is a difference from a short test ride and owning the bike.

    Your opinions are valued!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member flan48's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak73 View Post
    Hi Group!

    I am returning to biking after 15 years and have been to my local bike store. Let me tell you a bit about myself and then perhaps give me your thoughts on if you think the Specialized Sirrus Elite is a good fit for me.


    - Recreational use and exercise, maybe join a riding club next year
    - Reasonably fit and active
    - lower back problems (hence the need for exercise and a comfortable ride)
    - 40 (this year!)
    - Mostly road and the occasional dirt path

    I went to my LBS and they suggested the Specialized Sirrus Elite. I tried it out and liked it, but obviously there is a difference from a short test ride and owning the bike.

    Your opinions are valued!

    Thanks
    Hi Rak and welcome,
    The Specialized Sirrus line, similar to the Trek FX series, Cannondale Quick series and Giant Escape, are all fairly comparable, so go with the bike that feels right, and also important, is sold by a bike shop with whom you feel comfortable.
    Certainly the Sirrus Elite is a fine bike.

    Best regards
    Barry,68,New Jersey
    2012 Trek 7.4FX - Exercise for life

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario. Canada
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus Elite
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flan48 View Post
    Hi Rak and welcome,
    The Specialized Sirrus line, similar to the Trek FX series, Cannondale Quick series and Giant Escape, are all fairly comparable, so go with the bike that feels right, and also important, is sold by a bike shop with whom you feel comfortable.
    Certainly the Sirrus Elite is a fine bike.

    Best regards
    Thanks Flan48! I did try the Trek and Cannondale....did get to try the Giant though. I was worried about spending too much on a bike considering I am just getting into riding after so long and that I am only looking for a recreational/fitness bike.

    So after trying the Trek and Cannondale, I went back to try the Sirrus and have to say, I fell in love with it!! I really like the way the bike handles and fits, plus I found it so much lighter than the mountain bike I had 15 odd years ago!

    Thanks for getting back to me and showing options, I feel better about my pricey purchase now that I have tried other comparables.

    The only thing left to do is ride!

  4. #4
    aka Phil Jungels Wanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    North Aurora, IL
    My Bikes
    Road & Hybrid
    Posts
    5,019
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lust after the Sirrus Elite Disc........

    "Retirement is the best job I ever had!" Me, 2009


    Specialized Crosstrail Sport - '08
    Nishiki Sport - misappropriated from my youngest son (circa 1984)
    Marin Stinson - misappropriated by my youngest grandson - '01
    "The Beast" - 1990 Schwinn Airdyne (in the basement for winter torture)

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario. Canada
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus Elite
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I lust after the Sirrus Elite Disc........
    I can see why! Shame its out of my budget!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario. Canada
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus Elite
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok...new bike ordered and I am super excited for it to come in! My wife is going to drop me off to the store to pick it up (hopefully Monday), the LBS will fit me/it and then the most important part....I get to ride it home (15km)!!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Quick 4 - 2013
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! Make sure to post pictures for us to see. Hope you enjoy the bike

    -T Ride

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    My Bikes
    2012 Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    981
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak73 View Post
    ok...new bike ordered and I am super excited for it to come in! My wife is going to drop me off to the store to pick it up (hopefully Monday), the LBS will fit me/it and then the most important part....I get to ride it home (15km)!!
    Make sure you know some bike friendly routes from the LBS to your house .. and get a helmet!
    http://treadrightly.blogspot.com/

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario. Canada
    My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus Elite
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks T Ride! Yes I will post a picture for sure. Love the feeling of being a part of this community. Treadtread - Got the helmet and my LBS was kind enough to give me a map of all the trails and bike paths in the city. I had no idea there were so many here, but now that I am conscious of them I notice them every where. Thanks again!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •