Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Hybrid Bicycles (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/)
-   -   Which one should i purchase (http://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bicycles/921054-one-should-i-purchase.html)

skycomag 11-05-13 04:54 PM

Which one should i purchase
 
Please help me choose which one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i'm looking to buy a new hybrid.
i'm not sure which one to buy.
here are my choices:
1 )cannondale quick cx5:
http://www.cannondale.com/2013/bikes...-cx/quick-cx-5

2) splecialized crosstrail:
http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bik...rosstrail-disc

3)gt transseco:
http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...551_1147438_-1

and last but not lease is nashbar trekking:
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...4#ReviewHeader

I like this one but sure about a bike online and not sure about the quality of this bike and buying a bike from nashbar.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for you assistance.
mitch
__________________
Mitch

2011 GT TRAFFIC 4.0

tjax 11-05-13 05:17 PM

My coworker and I went on a Bike purchasing date a few weeks ago. He purchased the above Cannondale, and I got a Trek 7.4 (to match my other Trek bikes). We both rode each others, I can't tell a difference between the two other than his slips less do to more tread. The answer is to pick the one that makes you want to ride. Everything else is almost comparable.

This is what I purchased.
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...ess/fx/7_4_fx/

WestPablo 11-05-13 05:20 PM

What type of terrain will you be cycling on?

Do you really need a suspended fork?

If your heart is set on those bikes only, then either get the Cannondale or the GT.

skycomag 11-05-13 06:12 PM

mostly mup.
the mup in my area have lots of tree roots tearin' up the paths. they can be use as speed bumps/humps.
I have a slight rotator cuff tear and trying to prevent surgery.

deerfly 11-05-13 07:08 PM

In looking at your list you mention getting a GT Transeo from Performancebike. You can get the next model up from Nashbar for less money.
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...97_-1___202618

I had bought my daughter a bike from them and had no problems all. It arrived 5 days after I ordered it.

WestPablo 11-06-13 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deerfly (Post 16222623)
In looking at your list you mention getting a GT Transeo from Performancebike. You can get the next model up from Nashbar for less money.
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...97_-1___202618

I had bought my daughter a bike from them and had no problems all. It arrived 5 days after I ordered it.

+1

This would actually be a better deal.

However, the only problem with Nashbar, is the fact that if there is a problem with your purchase, it's a greater hassle to resolve it. The problem comes with the fact that you might have to pay to return the bike. OTOH, Performance will have a brick and mortar pick-up location where you can test ride the bike, inspect it, and decide on the spot if you want to return or exchange it. IMO, Performance is a greater convenience in terms of service, but may not be as thrifty as a Nashbar bike deal.

*The GT at Nashbar only comes in small, medium, and x-large sizes.

deerfly 11-06-13 07:16 AM

Another bike I would consider, which is of the same style you are looking at, is the Fuji Sunfire 2.0 from Bikesdirect. Somebody else had posted this in another thread. It’s a pretty decent bike for the price.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...-sunfire-2.htm

Gnosis 11-07-13 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deerfly (Post 16223586)
Another bike I would consider, which is of the same style you are looking at, is the Fuji Sunfire 2.0 from Bikesdirect. Somebody else had posted this in another thread. It’s a pretty decent bike for the price.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...-sunfire-2.htm

+1 :thumb: I'd go for the one in the link provided over any that the OP had in mind.

WestPablo 11-07-13 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnosis (Post 16227014)
+1 :thumb: I'd go for the one in the link provided over any that the OP had in mind.

+2 Yeah! Me too! :thumb:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:36 PM.