Sorry, that's probably one of the most popular forum topics here, but I do need help.
To start, I'm completely lost so I'll start with what (think) I know.
1. I want a hybrid/fitness bike and prefer a more upright seating position.
2. Use - Exercise for myself as well as my boxer with a Walky Dog
That's literally all I know, I haven't owned a bike since I was I don't know, 12?
Without trying to make this sound like a personal add here's a bit about me. I'm a 6/2 225LB (slightly overweight) 32 y/o male who lives about an hour south of Seattle, WA and there a ton of amazing bike trails around me, and the rural rodes around my home work great for riding as well.
What I'm trying to avoid is walking into Dick's Sporting Goods, walking up to a random bike, sitting on it and saying, "yep, that will work" without having a clue what I'm doing.
What I have managed to think I know based on the ignorance fueled research I have been able to do is think I need a size L frame (21"-23"?) and that I like the looks of the following bikes:
1. Giant Roam Series - 0,2,3? No idea which one but I think I like this bike.
2. Trek FX Series - Way too many models I know nothing about but this seems to be the Trek version of the type of bike I would like.
3. Specialized Sirrus or Crossroads? They seem to have a lot of multi-use bikes
I'm looking to be as close to under $600 as possible but money isn't the most important part of my buying decision.
Sorry this post is a bit of a mess, it probably resembles how my brain feels trying to process this. Thanks for any guidance/advice.