I am looking for a light-weight, simple, but high speed road bike. My requirements are:
-68mm bottom bracket (i intend to put an electrical mid-drive motor on it)
-comfortable posiiton (i don't want to put in a forward-leaning position)
-700x38 (i want to have knobby tires for traction)
-disc-brakes (mechanical preferred, but hydraulic is fine too)
-good shifters (i saw some bikes had horrible shifters)
-don't care for how many chainrings it has because it will have to come off with my mod
-absolutely must use 8, 9, or 10 speed cassette in the rear and must have 11T cog
-must have internally routed cables.. only 1 cable can be externally routed at the downtube but MUST be wrapped
-suspension fork or carbon fork is preferred, rather not have solid fork
I've taken a look at the following bikes and eliminated some for specific reasons:
1. Trek FX series line - sleek looking bike but it doesn't have internally routed cables. the steel cables route towards the downtube and is not wrapped.
2. Giant Escape RX Composite / Escape - decent bike but it lacks disc brakes...
3. Specialized Cross-trail Comp Disc - was pretty much set on this bike until I rode it. The shocks rode like crap. Shifters are horrendous.
4. Specialized Sirrus Comp - great bike with carbon fork. But no disc brake. Brake levers are cheap chinese crap.
5. Specialized Sirrus Expert Disc Carbon - all carbon frame - but because it uses press-fit bb, I can't mount a mid-drive motor.
6. Specialized Sirrus Comp Disc - everything I like about #4 above, but now has the disc brakes. However, they removed the carbon fork!??! So now, what's the point?
Keep in mind, I'm looking for bikes somewhere in the $900-2000 range.
Awaiting to check out other bikes:
1. Diamondback Interval Carbon
2. Giant Roam 0 - looks like really cheap components on the bike though.....
Does anyone else want to chime in on any more recommendations?