Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trek 7.3 FX vs. Merida Speeder T1 and T2

I started saving up for a hybrid bike and am willing to spend 600-700 Euro's. I should have the money by the end of july, but I'm already looking what bike to get. First of all; I want to buy from a physical bike shop instead of online, so I get my bike all perfectly set up, and good service overall. I have looked at different manufacturers, but I think it's going to be either Trek or Merida, because both have offical dealers just a few km's from my home.

I haven't visited these stores yet, but I'd like to know more about the "hierarchy" of these bikes.

Trek 7.3 FX (600 Euro's) 7.3 FX - Trek Bicycle

Merida Speeder T1 (550 Euro's) Fitness & Lifestyle - Fitness - Speeder T1 - Merida Bikes International

Merida Speeder T2 (650 Euro's) Fitness & Lifestyle - Fitness - Speeder T2 - Merida Bikes International

Offcourse I understand the T2 is better than the T1, but where does the 7.3 FX stand here? Is it comparable to either the T1 or T2? Or is it in-between, just like the price? I did read somewhere that Merida has a better value for money ratio, but is this true?

Thnanks in advance for any replies.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek 7.3 FX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not familiar with the Merida Speeders but I have a Trek 7.3 FX and really like it. There are a lot of fans/owners of the Trek 7.x FX bikes. The Merida Speeders appear to be nice hybrids too (from my cursory review of them on the manufacturer's website). Hopefully others with more knowledge and experience can comment on them and provide some comparisons with the Trek. Even though it doesn't sound like you are quite ready to buy yet, I would recommend that you visit your local bike shops and take each out for test rides. I would also compare the staff at both shops as finding a bike shop that you like and trust is as important as finding the right bike imo. Good luck!