I have been eyeballing the 2014 Sirrus Sport and am going to order one tomorrow from my LBS. I opted for the sport over the elite because for the $230 price increase, you only get:
- Carbon fork with Zertz inserts - no biggy to me, not sold on the carbon > aluminum thing
- Rapid Fire shifters instead of the EZ Fire - only a $5-10 upgrade
- Shimano crankset instead of Suntour - the only part that I wondered about, but found the Shimano crankset for $55
- Alivio rear derailleur instead of Acera - can buy the Alivio for $5-10 more than Acera on most parts sites
- Internally routed cables - can't imagine having to fish new cables through the tubes on my own!
My question is, what upgrades would you suggest? I'd like to get upgraded front/rear derailleurs, a new crankset, and maybe even a new cassette. But what would you specifically recommend? Sram? Shimano Deore? What should I look into that would fit this bike (plug and play)?
Any advice would be appreciated!