Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-07, 10:02 PM   #1
lincolns2
Can't catch me!
Thread Starter
 
lincolns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Bikes: Trek 2200, Trek Fuel EX7, Cannondale F300
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Denver bike junkie.

I'm a 35 year old male - just turned 35, today's my birthday. I transplanted to Colorado from the East Coast 10 years ago. A few years ago I lost my drivers license, which rekindled my childhood love of bicycling. The bus sucks! I ride a Trek 2200 road bike (aluminum frame, carbon fork, Shimano Ultegra/105), but lately I've been spending more time on my Trek Fuel EX7 (aluminum full suspension frame, hydraulic disc brakes) mountain bike. I also have a Cannondale F300 (solid aluminum frame, headshok) that I am rebuilding. I broke my femur (thigh bone) the day before Thanksgiving, and was riding my bike within days of being able to walk again.
lincolns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 10:07 PM   #2
East Hill
Lanky Lass
 
East Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
Posts: 21,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello lincolns2, you should have a number of fellow Coloradans descending on you before too long, so I'll just make it brief:

Welcome to BF!

East Hill
__________________
___________________________________________________
TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...
East Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-07, 06:39 AM   #3
snowy
Beauty Everywhere
 
snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Bikes: 2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
Posts: 2,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolns2
I'm a 35 year old male - just turned 35, today's my birthday. I transplanted to Colorado from the East Coast 10 years ago. A few years ago I lost my drivers license, which rekindled my childhood love of bicycling. The bus sucks! I ride a Trek 2200 road bike (aluminum frame, carbon fork, Shimano Ultegra/105), but lately I've been spending more time on my Trek Fuel EX7 (aluminum full suspension frame, hydraulic disc brakes) mountain bike. I also have a Cannondale F300 (solid aluminum frame, headshok) that I am rebuilding. I broke my femur (thigh bone) the day before Thanksgiving, and was riding my bike within days of being able to walk again.
Hi lincolns2.

Welcome to bikeforums. YIKES how did you break your Femur??? Was it a bike accident??

Anyhoo, check out the regional forum under Mountain-Plains. There are some other Denver people to hook up with.
I too ride both road/mtb.

Take Care
Snowy
__________________
"RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-07, 07:01 AM   #4
lincolns2
Can't catch me!
Thread Starter
 
lincolns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Bikes: Trek 2200, Trek Fuel EX7, Cannondale F300
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy
Hi lincolns2.

YIKES how did you break your Femur??? Was it a bike accident??

Take Care
Snowy
Yes, it was a bike accident. In one of my less intelligent decision making moments, I decided to take my new mountain bike to the Denver Skatepark. I did OK for a couple of hours, but the last maneuver I pulled was a hip-plant at the bottom of one of the pools. That was my last ride of last season, the day before Thanksgiving.

- Lincoln
lincolns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-07, 09:53 AM   #5
snowy
Beauty Everywhere
 
snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Bikes: 2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
Posts: 2,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolns2
Yes, it was a bike accident. In one of my less intelligent decision making moments, I decided to take my new mountain bike to the Denver Skatepark. I did OK for a couple of hours, but the last maneuver I pulled was a hip-plant at the bottom of one of the pools. That was my last ride of last season, the day before Thanksgiving.

- Lincoln
Ouch!!! Crazy, boyfriend had a similar incident few years back with a chin to the ground thingy.

Anyhoo, glad your back up and riding. See ya around

Snowy
__________________
"RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-07, 10:30 AM   #6
kemmer
*****es love tarck
 
kemmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sandy, UT
Bikes: so many
Posts: 3,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chin to the ground thingys are the worst. I have two chipped (repaired) front teeth to prove it.

Welcome to BF.
__________________
kemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-07, 10:33 AM   #7
snowy
Beauty Everywhere
 
snowy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Bikes: 2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05
Posts: 2,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemmer
Chin to the ground thingys are the worst. I have two chipped (repaired) front teeth to prove it.

Welcome to BF.

Yeah those damn skateboarders
__________________
"RIDE FAST TAKE CHANCES!"

Interested in the Women's Forum? Send me a PM for more information.
snowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:51 PM.