Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hello from Milan (italy)

    Hi there

    I'm a new one. I'm writing from Milan (Italy). I'm riding on an alluminium frame but i'm passing to titanium. cheers

    Ciao
    Cycling Italia

  2. #2
    bac
    bac is offline
    Senior Member bac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    My Bikes
    Too many to list!
    Posts
    7,487
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycling italia View Post
    Hi there

    I'm a new one. I'm writing from Milan (Italy). I'm riding on an alluminium frame but i'm passing to titanium. cheers

    Ciao

    Buon giorno! Do you live in Milan? What kind of Ti frame are you getting?

    Ciao!

    ... Brad

  3. #3
    Studs Terkel Johnny_Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    My Bikes
    2005 Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire
    Posts
    8,724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycling italia View Post
    Hi there

    I'm a new one. I'm writing from Milan (Italy). I'm riding on an alluminium frame but i'm passing to titanium. cheers

    Ciao
    Ciao! I just moved to Milano. Where do you live? I'm not far from Crocetta Metro.

    I'm thinking of getting a ti bike as well - a Passoni (from Lecco).

  4. #4
    Lanky Lass East Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
    Posts
    21,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello cycling italia, let's see some photos of your bike when you can get around to it .

    Welcome to BF!

    East Hill
    ___________________________________________________
    TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Monkey View Post
    Ciao! I just moved to Milano. Where do you live? I'm not far from Crocetta Metro.

    I'm thinking of getting a ti bike as well - a Passoni (from Lecco).
    Hey Johnny
    I actually work in Milan but i live in the sourrandings ....exactly 1 km far from Passoni! I get some contacts there! send me a PM if you are interested

    My Ti bike will not be a Passoni...unfortunatly $$$$
    It will be one made by Pelizzoli which is the inventor of Ciocc brand (also it's nickname) and the frame builder for several brands like Guerciotti and Coppi as well.

    I still trying to get familiar with this forum..as soon as i find how to upload a pic you will see my bike.
    Cycling Italia

  6. #6
    Lanky Lass East Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
    Posts
    21,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycling italia View Post

    I still trying to get familiar with this forum..as soon as i find how to upload a pic you will see my bike.
    There's a thread way down at the bottom of the main page in the Forum Suggestions forum which is for practicing with photos .

    East Hill
    ___________________________________________________
    TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...

  7. #7
    Studs Terkel Johnny_Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    My Bikes
    2005 Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire
    Posts
    8,724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycling italia View Post
    Hey Johnny
    I actually work in Milan but i live in the sourrandings ....exactly 1 km far from Passoni! I get some contacts there! send me a PM if you are interested

    My Ti bike will not be a Passoni...unfortunatly $$$$
    It will be one made by Pelizzoli which is the inventor of Ciocc brand (also it's nickname) and the frame builder for several brands like Guerciotti and Coppi as well.

    I still trying to get familiar with this forum..as soon as i find how to upload a pic you will see my bike.
    If you look in the Forum help/suggestions at the bottom of the Forum home page it has advice about posting pictures.

    I saw the Passoni bici at the EICMA show last year and I fell in love with them. I will go to the show this year as well and maybe have a serious talk to them about cost, time to build and other details. The one I liked was about 3.500 for the frame only.

    I know that the Patriarch of the company died in a car crash some months ago but I don't know whether that has had any effect on the company.

    I'm looking forward to visiting lots of bici shops here. I think Guerciotti is in Milan somewhere, and I wouldn't mind visiting the Ciocc store as well as they are not too common outside of Italy (do you know where they are based?).

    I still haven't unpacked my bikes yet so I haven't done any riding but I have to ask at the local bici shop about where the good cycling routes are.

    Ciao!

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Monkey View Post
    If you look in the Forum help/suggestions at the bottom of the Forum home page it has advice about posting pictures.
    Thanks !

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Monkey View Post
    I saw the Passoni bici at the EICMA show last year and I fell in love with them. I will go to the show this year as well and maybe have a serious talk to them about cost, time to build and other details. The one I liked was about €3.500 for the frame only.
    Passoni frames are simply wonderful! the price is ever higher than Eur 3.5 ths...i guess the one you were looking at was Top Evolution model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Monkey View Post
    I know that the Patriarch of the company died in a car crash some months ago but I don't know whether that has had any effect on the company.
    Well..the story is little bit different. the one that died is the son of the founder, he was around 35-40 and he killed hisself! The jumped out from the balcony of his flat on the top floor of a building in Milan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Monkey View Post
    I'm looking forward to visiting lots of bici shops here. I think Guerciotti is in Milan somewhere, and I wouldn't mind visiting the Ciocc store as well as they are not too common outside of Italy (do you know where they are based?).
    Milan and the surroundinga are plenty of bike shops. I confirm, Guerciotti is in the downtown (close to Viale Monza, you can easily reach it by metro - Red line).
    Concerning Ciocc..well, i know the inventor which in not the owner of the brand any more. The inventor (also my frame builder) is close to Bergamo!...very close to an other very good site for us...Santini factory outlet!


    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Monkey View Post
    I still haven't unpacked my bikes yet so I haven't done any riding but I have to ask at the local bici shop about where the good cycling routes are.
    unpack the monster...and let's meet up for a ride together!
    i can bring you in the best places. I've lived around Europe...but Italy and Lombardy in particular is the best place to ride....you will see.
    How many kms do you get used to do in a your average ride? I'm around 80 km- 100 - 120.

    ciao
    Cycling Italia

  9. #9
    Lanky Lass East Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
    My Bikes
    Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
    Posts
    21,587
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by East Hill View Post
    There's a thread way down at the bottom of the main page in the Forum Suggestions forum which is for practicing with photos .

    East Hill
    Never mind...

    East Hill
    ___________________________________________________
    TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...

  10. #10
    Studs Terkel Johnny_Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    My Bikes
    2005 Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire
    Posts
    8,724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycling italia View Post

    Well..the story is little bit different. the one that died is the son of the founder, he was around 35-40 and he killed hisself! The jumped out from the balcony of his flat on the top floor of a building in Milan.

    Milan and the surroundinga are plenty of bike shops. I confirm, Guerciotti is in the downtown (close to Viale Monza, you can easily reach it by metro - Red line).
    Concerning Ciocc..well, i know the inventor which in not the owner of the brand any more. The inventor (also my frame builder) is close to Bergamo!...very close to an other very good site for us...Santini factory outlet!

    unpack the monster...and let's meet up for a ride together!
    i can bring you in the best places. I've lived around Europe...but Italy and Lombardy in particular is the best place to ride....you will see.
    How many kms do you get used to do in a your average ride? I'm around 80 km- 100 - 120.

    ciao

    I went to Bergamo last year for the day. We had a look around the Alta Citta'.

    Here's a photo of the Passoni I liked (which is indeed a 'Top Evolution'):





    I haven't ridden since I left London at the end of August and I think I'm rapidly losing fitness (the Italian food doesn't help either). I think I'd have to build up to cycling the distance you are talking about unless it's relatively flat.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by East Hill View Post
    Never mind...

    East Hill

    i forgot to thank you...
    sorry!
    Cycling Italia

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not worry about your shape. we can ever go out for a short ride - around 50-70 kms.I''m not in an excellent condition in this period.
    Ciao
    Cycling Italia

  13. #13
    Descends Like Avalanche HigherGround's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between Funkytown and Margaritaville, PA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R330, Litespeed Classic, Eddy Merckx MX Leader, Specialized Rock Hopper Comp (1988!)
    Posts
    5,743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Lombardia region is piu bella! I'm envious that you're able to live there!!! Welcome to Bike Forums, it's a great community.
    The rider in my avatar is David Etxebarria, not me.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HigherGround View Post
    The Lombardia region is piu bella! I'm envious that you're able to live there!!! Welcome to Bike Forums, it's a great community.
    thx
    Cycling Italia

  15. #15
    Descends Like Avalanche HigherGround's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Somewhere between Funkytown and Margaritaville, PA
    My Bikes
    Lynskey R330, Litespeed Classic, Eddy Merckx MX Leader, Specialized Rock Hopper Comp (1988!)
    Posts
    5,743
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was fortunate enough to see the finish of the Giro di Lombardia race twice when it ended in Bergamo. Seeing the DVD's of the race makes me want to go back with my bike some time!
    The rider in my avatar is David Etxebarria, not me.

  16. #16
    Studs Terkel Johnny_Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    My Bikes
    2005 Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire
    Posts
    8,724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycling italia View Post
    Do not worry about your shape. we can ever go out for a short ride - around 50-70 kms.I''m not in an excellent condition in this period.
    Ciao
    I'll let you know. I'm away from Milano every weekend until the end of October but will hopefully be looking to do some riding from November onwards.

    Are you going to the Bike show in November?

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will likely go to the bike expo. you as well?
    Cycling Italia

  18. #18
    Studs Terkel Johnny_Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maputo, Mozambique
    My Bikes
    2005 Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire
    Posts
    8,724
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycling italia View Post
    I will likely go to the bike expo. you as well?
    Almost certainly.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Nycycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Taylorsville Utah
    My Bikes
    Long Haul Trucker
    Posts
    782
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycling italia View Post
    Hi there

    I'm a new one. I'm writing from Milan (Italy). I'm riding on an alluminium frame but i'm passing to titanium. cheers

    Ciao
    Cool to see you here, I got things named Milano, and I eat things named Milano, it's nice to hear from a person from Milan.
    I hate cars,

  20. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nycycle View Post
    Cool to see you here, I got things named Milano, and I eat things named Milano, it's nice to hear from a person from Milan.
    Cycling Italia

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •