Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-25-08, 06:59 AM   #1
cutthegrass
Sure I ride
Thread Starter
 
cutthegrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Bikes:
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I should be out riding not on my computer

Well I'm not riding so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm living in NJ south NJ is what the say. I've bikes on and off for many years. Road bike now since I got tired of broken ribs from MTBing.

I ride a 3 year old Madone 5.2. Just swapped out the triple chain ring for a double compact and switch the front and rear derailers as well.

I shoot for 100 miles a week when the weather corporates. Sun-Sat last week I got in 104 and the week prior to that 148. My typical after work ride is 33 miles in about 105 minutes or so. Thankfully Jersey is flat. I guess those numbers place me in the B rider group from what I can tell.

I also enjoy doing laps at Cooper River when a good pace line is running.

I also enjoy backpacking, canoing, and some peak bagging.

I'll try to stay out of the way till I see if this forum is for me.
cutthegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 07:10 AM   #2
late
Senior Member
 
late's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Southern Maine
Bikes:
Posts: 8,383
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Hi,
and welcome. I am just slugging back a 2nd coffee and waiting for it to warm up
a bit. Then we're going out for a ride. I think you'll like it here, it can take some getting used to

After a while you realize every zoo has it's critters and you enjoy the show.
late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 07:28 AM   #3
East Hill
Lanky Lass
 
East Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
Posts: 21,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by late View Post
I think you'll like it here, it can take some getting used to

After a while you realize every zoo has it's critters and you enjoy the show.
So true! About 99% of the members here are as friendly and helpful as can be, and the other 1% is a bunch of nutters.

Have you climbed any of the Cascade mountains?

Welcome to BF, and feel free to PM me with any questions !

East Hill
Forum Moderator

__________________
___________________________________________________
TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...
East Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 09:42 AM   #4
cutthegrass
Sure I ride
Thread Starter
 
cutthegrass's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Bikes:
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes one of the cascade mountains way back in the 70 I think it was called Glacier Peak. Most recent additions Mt Kilimanjaro, Mt Washington, and a fail attempt on Aconcagua. We go back to Argentina this December to finish that one.
cutthegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-08, 10:44 AM   #5
East Hill
Lanky Lass
 
East Hill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?
Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.
Posts: 21,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Glacier Peak is beautiful, and not very well known, even to the people who live here in Washington.

East Hill
__________________
___________________________________________________
TRY EMPATHY & HAVE LOVE IN YOUR HEART, PERHAPS I'LL SEE YOU ON THE ROAD...
East Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:55 PM.