Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-04, 04:59 AM   #1
korbu
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Singapore
Bikes: Moser M76, Orbea Orca
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello from Singapore

Juz bought my first bike and really hope to take it to places for competitions. cheers
korbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-04, 05:05 AM   #2
james Haury
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Forest Park Il
Bikes: Yeah Dahon Bike Friday Panasonic Dyno
Posts: 876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So what type is it ? What brand are you just learning how to ride?Is this the first bike you have had or the first you have purchased as an adult? I bought my first new bike in 1993 and still have it ,though it is much modified.
james Haury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-04, 10:57 AM   #3
Gus Riley
HomeBrew Master!
 
Gus Riley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: West Central Illinois
Bikes: Aegis Aro Svelte, Surly LHT, Cannondal R3000 tandem, Santana Triplet.
Posts: 2,208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Korbu! How's the riding in Singapore? Here in central Illinois it's wide open and the traffic is for the most part friendly. Our weather this time of year leaves a bit to be desired though.

Cheers back to you!
Gus Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-04, 08:09 AM   #4
korbu
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Singapore
Bikes: Moser M76, Orbea Orca
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by james Haury
So what type is it ? What brand are you just learning how to ride?Is this the first bike you have had or the first you have purchased as an adult? I bought my first new bike in 1993 and still have it ,though it is much modified.
mine's F. Cicli Moser M76. juz got it a month ago. yeah, got it as an adult. lol.

trying for triathlon with it this year.
korbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-04, 08:11 AM   #5
korbu
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Singapore
Bikes: Moser M76, Orbea Orca
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Riley
Welcome Korbu! How's the riding in Singapore? Here in central Illinois it's wide open and the traffic is for the most part friendly. Our weather this time of year leaves a bit to be desired though.

Cheers back to you!
wow. i would love to go places to cycle. new zealand would be one of 'em. traffic here is really heavy, all the time. u can seldom find a good spot unmolested by vehicles... weather here is hot, sizzling!
korbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-04, 11:18 AM   #6
Gus Riley
HomeBrew Master!
 
Gus Riley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: West Central Illinois
Bikes: Aegis Aro Svelte, Surly LHT, Cannondal R3000 tandem, Santana Triplet.
Posts: 2,208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by korbu
wow. i would love to go places to cycle. new zealand would be one of 'em. traffic here is really heavy, all the time. u can seldom find a good spot unmolested by vehicles... weather here is hot, sizzling!
Too bad about the traffic, that can get maddening I'm sure. I rode a bunch in Korea, both up around Seoul and down south a bit in the Kunsan region. Both places possessed lots of traffic in the cities but out in the rural areas it was nice with places with very little traffic. These rural areas were the ones to find the beauty of the land.
Cheers
Gus Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-04, 11:10 PM   #7
MsVicki
Victoria's secret
 
MsVicki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: east Texas
Bikes:
Posts: 1,255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to Bikeforums.
__________________
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
MsVicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-04, 06:26 AM   #8
korbu
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Singapore
Bikes: Moser M76, Orbea Orca
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Riley
Too bad about the traffic, that can get maddening I'm sure. I rode a bunch in Korea, both up around Seoul and down south a bit in the Kunsan region. Both places possessed lots of traffic in the cities but out in the rural areas it was nice with places with very little traffic. These rural areas were the ones to find the beauty of the land.
Cheers
u brought ur bike there or rented one?
korbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-04, 11:26 PM   #9
look 361
Member
 
look 361's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: singapore/indiana
Bikes:
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus Riley
Too bad about the traffic, that can get maddening I'm sure. I rode a bunch in Korea, both up around Seoul and down south a bit in the Kunsan region. Both places possessed lots of traffic in the cities but out in the rural areas it was nice with places with very little traffic. These rural areas were the ones to find the beauty of the land.
Cheers
singapore's not as polluted as some of those cities i dont think... plus singaporean roads are the flattest and best maintained roads in the world...
look 361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:25 PM.