I am a long time googler of site:www.bikeforums.net. I have learned a lot be reading past discussions. I consult bikeforums before most purchases.
1. fixie in build stage
2. weight-weenie climber in build stage
3. giant fcr1 flat-bar converted to drop-bar with barcons (will become cyclocross when #2 is finished)
4. mid 80's raleigh technium mtn rebuilt and converted to urban utility for grocery runs
5. mtn frame waiting for a rebuild
6. 20" 5-spd
7. 24" 21-spd
8. 26" squishy Raleigh comfort for SWMBO
9. 70's Raleigh Grand Prix with cottered cranks waiting for restoral - belongs to Father
10. Sears 3-spd women's bike waiting for restoral - belongs to Mother
I enjoy building, fixing and maintaining bikes and wheels.
I like riding fast and often. Raleigh has hills so you gotta make your peace with them. I've had an off and on relationship with biking for my whole life. This time around, the intensity is higher and the motivation is stronger. This latest episode began about 3-4 years ago. This month I will reach 700 miles. Automobiles are a significantly declining part of my life. Bicycles are major part of my plan for better health, fun, economy, and sustainability.
As usual, I've said too much. Anyway, glad to join. Thanks for reading. Hope I can add something.