Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Reynolds 853 Select zapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    suffolk, va (usa)
    My Bikes
    2001 LeMond Buenos Aires
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hello from Virginia

    Currently a Chief in the Navy just off of Sea duty and looking forward to a few years of shore duty prior to retirement. I'm 41, got a beautiful wife and one kid and after some of my "weekly expence money" I'm getting into road biking. I already run about 6 miles a week and have been riding my HUFFY MTB that I affectionally call an ANCHOR . So, I am really excited about purchasing a new light weight road bike within the next week or so and as usual when I get into something, I go all out!. Just need to get the wife to get into it...Then maybe I would get an increase in my allowance...

    Anyone else out there in the Tidewater area, give me a shout!

    zapper

  2. #2
    Mercrudgeon Bikedud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    NW, Georgia
    My Bikes
    Favorites- Giant TCR Advanced SL, Torelli Corsa Strada, Schwinn Paramount Titanium, Fat Chance Wicked, Lemond Zurich, Specialized Allez SE, Trek 930, others
    Posts
    594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forums, Zapper and thanks for your service to our country.

    Good luck with getting "the wife into it". I never managed to accomplish that feat but at least she likes to buy crap (decorative assecories and furniture for the house) which gives me an opportunity to spend $ on cycling.
    The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.
    Somerset Maugham

  3. #3
    Reynolds 853 Select zapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    suffolk, va (usa)
    My Bikes
    2001 LeMond Buenos Aires
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikedud
    Welcome to the forums, Zapper and thanks for your service to our country.

    Good luck with getting "the wife into it". I never managed to accomplish that feat but at least she likes to buy crap (decorative assecories and furniture for the house) which gives me an opportunity to spend $ on cycling.
    Hey, thanks Bikedud...Yeah, I could probably sell a few dozen shoes in my wifes possesion and buy a new ride. If they made clipless pedals for "pumps" she would be in there! So far this forum has been a source for a lot of useful info.

    take care,

    zapper

  4. #4
    Ride Nekkid! A.troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trollsville, USA
    Posts
    752
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Bikeforums, boyfriend!

    So many men....so little time!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Montreal
    My Bikes
    Peugeot Hybrid, Minelli Hybrid
    Posts
    6,521
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carry on riding the Huffy and let the wife ride the new road bike. What sort of bike does your child (son or daughter) ride?

  6. #6
    Reynolds 853 Select zapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    suffolk, va (usa)
    My Bikes
    2001 LeMond Buenos Aires
    Posts
    111
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP
    Carry on riding the Huffy and let the wife ride the new road bike. What sort of bike does your child (son or daughter) ride?
    The Huffy is going to good will and I'm riding the new bike! Besides... the wife is comfortable on a "beach cruiser"...

  7. #7
    HomeBrew Master! Gus Riley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    West Central Illinois
    My Bikes
    Aegis Aro Svelte, Surly LHT, Cannondal R3000 tandem, Santana Triplet.
    Posts
    2,209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zapper
    Currently a Chief in the Navy just off of Sea duty and looking forward to a few years of shore duty prior to retirement. I'm 41, got a beautiful wife and one kid and after some of my "weekly expence money" I'm getting into road biking. I already run about 6 miles a week and have been riding my HUFFY MTB that I affectionally call an ANCHOR . So, I am really excited about purchasing a new light weight road bike within the next week or so and as usual when I get into something, I go all out!. Just need to get the wife to get into it...Then maybe I would get an increase in my allowance...

    Anyone else out there in the Tidewater area, give me a shout!

    zapper
    Welcome to bike forums Zapper! I'm not in the tidewater area any longer but I did spend 11 years there off and on ending 3 years ago. I was on the peninsula at Langley. I rode all over the peninsula and a good portion of the Suffolk area as well.

    Where do you plan to buy from? I can honestly recommend Conte's over on the peninsula. Cross the James River Bridge, take a left on Warwick and they are on the left about a 1 1/2 miles. They gave me super deals there. I bought several bikes, frames, groupos and anything else I could think of there. At least give them a try if you're shopping for a new bike. They handle Cannondale mainly, but I purchased two Aegis's there too.

    Welcome
    2012 TransAm Tour journal link: http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/Threeisacharm

    Naked Carbon Weave Aegis Aro Svelte, Purpleen Cannondale RT3000 Tandem, Orange Santana Triplet, Surly Long Haul Trucker

    So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides, 4th Century B.C.E.



    http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...33f/weight.png

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •